Become a Patron!

Joyetech eVic-VTC Mini w/ Tron tannk trouble

I have the mod mentioned above running the titanium coils and at first it was drying them out very quickly and I was getting harsh dry hits. I fixed that by switching it to Temp TI mode but now I am getting very weak hits. I don't know whats going on because I haven't vaped in quite a long time. Please, any help with this will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Jaaxx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well if you weren't running it in Ti mode with a Ti coil, then that is mistake number one. Try turning the temp up to around 440-460 with those coils and you should be good to go. If the hits are still weak try lowering the watts. Yes, lowering. This will increase the amount of time the coil gets heated before temp protection kicks in. You don't say what resistance your coil is, but for example I usually set the watts around 25-35 for .15 ohm Ti coils.

That made it worse. I don't know if it is just a defective coil or what. Then I go to fire it off i just get a quiet fizz and then it does almost nothing.

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
First off, if you fired that coil in Power Mode on a Ti coil, then the coil is already ruined, Ni and Ti coils can only be used in Temp Control. Try switching out the coil for a new one and trying again. I know very much so that vaping is subjective, but I have yet to run into any trouble, nor has anyone ever complained or commented badly about these settings on my mod. Try 500-550f at 30-35W. That seems to be the sweet spot for all the Temp coils for the eGo One Mega, regardless of which ohm coil it is. In all honesty, you're never gonna find a satisfying vape on that tank, for the sheer fact all their coils are garbage, not to mention they burn out rather quickly. The CLR heads are barely tolerable, and they're not even TC coils, so unfortunately, I have to recommend you get a new tank. If you really want to use and appreciate the Temp Control features, I would recommend getting a tank with SS coils, I've tried them all (Ni/Ti/SS/ yes I've even tried the "Taste Control" for Kanthal) and SS has given me the best TC experience to date. I recently got the Crown tank with SS coils, most flavor I've ever gotten from a tank, and the best flavor and vapor production I've had from TC.

20160118_081430.jpg

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Agree, if the Ti coil was fired in power mode, toss it and put a new one in... use TC Ti mode.

My wife ran that tank at about 500° 40w so somewhere around there according to your preference. She has moved on to the super tank mini with triton SS coils.

Think of watts as time to get up to temp and temp as your ceiling.
If you have it set to 500° and it never really seems to produce good vape and flavor, your watts are probably too low for it to even get up to 500°.
If you get temp protection or it gets up to temp too quickly and pulses the power, you probably have watts too high.

VU Sponsors