Become a Patron!

Joyetech Ultimo - Spitting

Hi, I just got a Joyetech Ultimo tank for my iStick Pico, the tank heats up very quickly and the juice starts spitting into my mouth (doesn't sound too good lol) I have tried both the MG Clapton 0.5ohm & the MG Ceramic 0.5ohm coilsthat come with it, the juice I am currently using is PG:40% & VG:60% the pico is currently set at 40w in VW mode. The tank heats up fairly quickly and thins out the juice which causes it to also leak.
Any info on this? I am new to vaping so any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is you Pico actually reading it as a 0.5Ω coil?
40 watts is the bottom end of the recommended settings for those coils.
However, try turning it down to 25-30 watts and see how it reacts.
Are you possibly in the wrong settings?
Since it is capable of VW/Bypass/TC-Ni/TC-Ti/TC-SS/TCR modes could you possibly have it in something other than VW?
Just thoughts.

hi, it's reading at 0.57ohm and is definitely in VW mode (just checked) I just lowered to 30w, seems to be ok now, if the coils is recommended at 40-90w why is this happening? Thanks for the reply.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wish I could answer that.
My speculation would simply be the efficiency is off horribly but I have no data to back that up.
Have a friend that could put their tank on your mod using the same settings they normally do to see if they feel your mod is producing more power than theirs indicating it's reading it differently?
May work, may be a waste of time.

Hello. Nice setup! I have a pico that looks smart with the ultimo. For me. It's all about the ceramic coil. I just don't get spitting with that one. I do slightly with the Clapton but once it's got through a couple of tanks of juice on a new Clapton coil it calms down. Anyway I wouldn't buy another if those, only the ceramics for me. They are amazing. I'm not 100% sure on your issues but since I have the same equipment I'll offer my insight. I run mine between 45-55w. 48 my sweet spot for it and 55 my b&m shop man!! 55 a little warm for me. I run at least 70vg +, no leaking, no spitback. I wouldn't run less as the clouds and flavour off the ceramic coil are unbelievable. So imo try a higher vg, get another ceramic coil. Turn up the power! Open the window cos it's gonna get foggy. I absolutely love love love this tank. I have many others at the mo, protank 4 (ceramic coil is pants compared to ultimo), crown 2 (unbelievable flavour but it condensates so get juice residue in mouth occasionally, worth it to really taste what your juice is meant to taste like), a evic aio for mtl. The ultimo is my favourite. Needs filling often and can cause reduction in visibility due to clouds. My tips are to screw the coil down tight as you can with your hands. Prime with a decent amount of juice around the coil so it properly soaks and then fill tank with air flow closed, screw on the top. Turn upside down and open airflow. (I always do this last part as it leaked first time I did it. Don't know if it makes a difference but hadn't leaked since!) leave for 5-10 mins. Then start at 35w and slowly bring the power up till your happy. The older the coil the more the watts imo. Sorry for the rant. Hope a bit of it helped!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh forgot. The tank does get stupid hot, esp around the airflow ring, that's it's only major downfall imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors