Become a Patron!

Joytech Atopak Dolphin review

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This device was sent to me by Joytech for review. That will not alter or effect my opinions.

Let me start by saying that I’m not a big pod guy. I will use them occasionally because of the simplicity and convenience. I mean puff and go is not too bad. The pod system sent me for review is the Atopak Dolphin from Joytech. Now this is not by any means the smallest kit I’ve used. It towers over a few of mine. Now I had a Joytech Penguin. The Dolphin is an upgrade. It is at least smaller than the Penguin which I gave to a new vaper. I found it a bit bulky for a pod. The Dolphin is a sleeker and softer.

First a pic of the Dolphin:
qU5cdEL.png

Now the Penguin:
ptf15ok.jpg

Now I am sure some will find this a charming little device. It holds a rather large charge - 2100 mah. So it will last most of the day. It’s not as heavy as the Penguin. It has more airflow. It can filled easier than the Penguin., Now you have a lid you remove and just fill ‘er up. In the Penguin I had to remove the coil - a real pain. So yes definitely better and they listened. I do like the tip better as well and the curves the mod.

Here is how you fill and change coils:
0t7XjVB.jpg

q0pnxpC.jpg

But this is where we get into murky water. It has two coils which are DTL - a a .6 and and a .25. Fine if you want to DTL. If you want to MTL they have a 1.2 ohm coil. But the air flow was never designed for an MTL vape. The kit comes with the .25 which is fine until your battery begins to run down and the other coil, the 1.2 is just took bloody airy for MTL.

So its curvier and airier than the Penguin. It has either a 2ml (TCP compliant ) or 6ml reservoir. It’s easier to fill. It has a larger fire button and a slightly more robust battery than the Penguin. If I already had a Penguin I would pass. If I had a neither I would say it is a possibility if you like the feel and looks.

Let’s get to the specifications …

Colors: Yellow, Orange, Blue, White, Black

Specs:
• Size: 100.0 * 50.0 * 31.0 mm
• Cartridge Capacity: 2 mL / 6 mL
• Battery Capacity: 2100 mAh
• Max Charging Current: 2 A
• Output Mode: Direct output (Max: 50 W)
• Features: Dolphin-like appearance, JVIC system, mouth-to-lung,
• direct-lung, easy refilling, transparent tank, 2 A quick charge
Kit Contents:
• 1 x Atopack Dolphin Battery
• 1 x Atopack Dolphin Cartridge
• 1 x Atopack JVIC3 1.2ohm Coil
• 1 x Atopack JVIC2 0.25ohm Coil
• 1 x QC USB cable
• 1 x Manual
• 1 x Warranty card
• 1 x Warning card
• Spare parts

No hardcore vaper is buying this. It will appeal to beginners though. It’s portable, fairly discreet and surprisingly delivers decent flavour. Not for clouds but a neat enough little device. Myself, I think the .25 coil is fine but once you go below 70% battery it starts to get muted. For me. The .6 coil which I bought is the best all day.

Last edited:

digibomb

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Well, I have never used this mod before, and TBH it is not my style, so I prolly won't. But, it looks like a great little starter mod. I just don't get the whole penguin thing.

Good review!

Can you wear this when you vape it?
upload_2017-12-6_15-11-16.png

VU Sponsors