Become a Patron!

JoyTech Cuboid 150w malfunction

Hi.
I recently bought cuboid 150 w and it worked nice for one day. Uppon charging it 100% (didnt use a battery charger, just plugged my phone charger) i unpluged the device and the screen started flickering and working all weird. it showed that one of the batteries is half charged and other one is fully charged. Mod gets warm simply by having batteries in. It seems like it also is using only one battery (0.24 ohm ss316l using 14.8 amps) im not an expert but from my calculations it should use like 8 amps. Batteries i used are sony vtc4

Now my question is, is it because the batteries are differently charged? Or charging it with phone charger wasnt the best idea??.whats wrong?

Thank you for your help :)

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Since it is brand new, you should be getting it replaced ASAP.

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
If you haven't had it very long, then I would work on exchanging or returning it.

Same thing happened to me last night. I've had my cuboid since July and never had a problem with it. But plugged my phone charger into it last night and now it's flickering and says my batteries are half drained (which they're not). Any idea how to fix it??

Same thing happened to me last night. I've had my cuboid since July and never had a problem with it. But plugged my phone charger into it last night and now it's flickering and says my batteries are half drained (which they're not). Any idea how to fix it??
Hey recia. What I think happens (I'm not 100%sure) is that the current that is coming out of a phone charger is much higher than the one that comes out of a PC USB port and fries some part of the board inside the cuboid. I'm sorry to say but there is no easy way to fix it. If your warranty is still valid get it replaced. Get a good battery charger to prevent this thing in a future.

VU Sponsors