Joytech CuBox & CuAIO, A DeucesJack Review

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
1d874781621bf0d6f54dac7f01602037.jpg

First Impression Out Of The Box:

As usual very nice packaging from Joyetech. The first one I opened was the CuAIO. It looks very much like a lipstick case. It is Tiny and feels very comfortable in the hand.

The second one I opened was they CuBox it is about double the size of the CuAIO and looks to have a detachable tank. Both are two toned in color and feel good in the hand.

What's In The Box:

Joytech CUbox:

*1* CuBox battery
1 * CUBIS 2 atomizer
2 * ProC-BF (0.6ohm) head
1 * 510 mouthpiece
1 * Spare glass tube
1 * QC USB cable
2 * User Manual
1 * Warranty card
1 * Warning card
Spare parts

Joytech CuAIO

1 * CuAIO D22
2 * ProC-BF (0.6ohm) head
1 * 510 mouthpiece
1 * Spare glass tube
1 * USB cable
1 * User manual
1 * Warranty card
1 * Warning card
Spare parts
f4b074864277ef16771d3b7b28687b95.jpg

From Top To Bottom:

The CuBox:

Both of these mods look very simple. There is really no screen and they look to be a one button operation mods. The CuBox has a detachable tank. It is the Cubis 2 atomizer. It is color match to the mod and it looks great together. The 510 seems firm yet springy and the threading is stainless steel. The top plate is held by 2 star screws. Opposite of the 510 there is a tiny screen with 4 power bars. This indicates the life of your battery. By the way, that is all the screen does so it's really not a screen per say but more of a battery indicator. Right below the tiny screen there is a fire button. It is curved around the edges of the mod and has a nice clicky tactile feel to it.
74465a0984ec7a33baa02dbaa66b5b85.jpg

2b2ba781f4d68f93f7b7891e6d1ff880.jpg

On the sides of the mod the paint is two tone. You have some CuBox branding on one side with some Joyetech branding on the other. On the side of the Joyetech branding there is a charge update port. The charge port is capable of charging this 3000mah battery at 2 amps. On the underside of the mod there are two star screws and some battery venting.
5bbd07bb0b8046fa6d54aefc8df521b1.jpg

25405511a4bb0c4d9864e135d47b83f7.jpg

The CuAIO:

The tank on the CuAIO does not come off. It is a top-loading tank and looks to be the same as the Cubis 2 except that it is not removable. The mod itself is circular in shape like a battery. It is two toned in stainless steel and black. On one side of the mod there is a square curved fire button. Directly on the opposite side of the mod there is a charge port. The button and charge port for it are backlit to indicate the battery life. The underside of the mod has a hole in it that looks to be for some venting. There is also some subtle branding present.

The Tanks:

The only difference between the two tanks i bonth kits are one is removable and one is not. The tank on the CuBox is removable and the one on the CuAIO is not both of them have the same drip tip that doesn't seem to be removable. Both drip tips accept a regular 510 drip tip that would fit on top of the permanent one but unless you have the right one it looks kind of goofy. Joytech does include one that acts like an extension and while it does cut down the airflow for the MTLers it really does not look good.

They are both top fill tanks and use a pop open type system. Both top fills will accommodate most juice bottles. Both tanks are also top airflow only. I get a nice Vape from both of these tanks, the flavor is good and the airflow is smooth. Both tanks take the same types of coils. In both kits you will receive a Pro BF .6 ohm coil head. One comes pre-installed in each tank and you get a spare as well.
f0d53b86f653ecaaa77b061db5678063.jpg

The Look, Feel, and General Aesthetics Of The Mod:

Both of these kits are tiny and very pocketable. They are meant to be back up mods, commuter mods, stealthy set ups, or spare mods that you keep in a purse or jacket pocket. They will perform well in a pinch and both of them look pretty nice. I especially like the CuAIO because of it’s diminutive size. Both are extremely easy to carry and will provide a satisfying Vape in a pinch.

But Deuces, How Does She Vape:

Let's not kid ourselves here. These mods both vape fine for when you're in a pinch or need a backup device. For me these are not the types of mods I carry around all day and use as my everyday vape setup. This is the type of mod that I will put in my bag or jacket pocket and forget about it. They vape fine and do very well if you leave the house without batteries or run out of juice. That is how I use both kits, as backups in my everyday arsenal.

The Vape quality itself is actually pretty good for such a simple kit. I am normally not a top airflow guy. However I do get a very nice, smooth, consistent vape from both kits. The flavor is actually very good and the clouds are not bad either. I get a little annoyed at the top fill system sometimes because it can be hard to click open. I do wish it was smoother. It does have a child safety feature to it that makes getting the top cap open a pain. Battery life on both mods for their size is excellent but of course the CuBox goes on for much longer than the CuAIO.

Conclusion:

Both kits are nice starter kits that can be used by someone who wants something simple and to stay off of cigarettes. They are extremely easy to operate, use, and fill. They can also pull double-duty as a backup mod for the experienced vaper. They both have an appealing look and provide a satisfying vape. While there is no way to adjust the wattage or temperature the setup does just fine on its own. Both kits have the capability of cutting down the airflow on the tanks and using them for a mouth to lung vape. Wide open they can be used for a direct lung Vape. I would not hesitate to purchase this kit as a stealthy, throw away, backup mod but I would not recommend it as an everyday mod.

One thing I really do like about the kit is the completeness of it. Joyetech provides everything you need to start vaping including plenty of spare parts. Really, the only thing you need to do is add juice. These kinds of mods are great for the industry because the simplicity of them gets smokers to quit cigarettes and come over to vaping. After all isn't that what this community is all about? Nice job Joyetech on creating a simple yet effective smoking cessation tool. I wish more vape companies would add kits like this to their lineup. Even though I don’t currently vape like this I can definitely see how this would appeal to a newbie.

Pros & Cons:
Pros:

* Stealthy
* Simple
* Easy to use
* Affordable
* Good flavor
* Satisfying vape
* Great for beginners
* Great as a backup or emergency mod
* 2 amp charging on the CuBox
* Battery life

Cons:

* Too simple for most experienced vapers
* Paint is kind of thin
* Would have liked the tank on the CuAIO to be removable

A note about Pros and Cons. These are my Pros and Cons. They are very subjective. What may be a pro to me could be a con to you and vice versa.

Specs:

Joytech CuBox:

* Size 22.5mm(W)*41.0mm(L)*105.0mm(H)
*"Battery capacity: 3000mAh
* E-liquid capacity: 3.5ml
* Weight: 135.5g (include atomizer head)
*" Max output: 50W
* Max charging current: 2A
* Atomizer head: ProC-BF (0.6ohm) head/ProC-BFL (0.6ohm) head
* Color: silver, black, white, red, yellow, blue

Joytech CuAIO:

* Size: Ф22.0mm*93.0mm (H)
* Atomizer capacity: 3.5ml
* Battery capacity: 1500mAh
* Max output: 50W
* Max charging current: 1A
Weight: 92.5g (include atomizer head)
* Atomizer head: ProC-BF (0.6ohm) head/ProC-BFL (0.6ohm) head
* Color: Silver, Black, White, Red, Yellow, Blue

If you liked this review or found it helpful please feel free to give it a like and me a follow on this forum. If you are a vendor and you would like a DeucesJack Review please feel free to PM me on this forum. Thank you for taking the time to read this review.

For more information about Joytech products please visit:

http://www.joyetech.com/

Last edited:

VU Sponsors