Become a Patron!

Joytech Silk kit first impressions

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Let’s start with the usual. This kit was sent to me for review by Joytech. It in no way will alter my opinions.

Let’s start with the mod. It will pump up to 80w and you build as low as .05 (not that you should). Up to 20w you have increments of .1 and above twenty increments of 1.0 watts. This is the good stuff. It also does TC relatively well (better than my Taro Nano for sure).

The menu system is not to my liking. The screen is small, it is not that intuitive, and the instruction manual left out click ‘+’ and ‘fire’ to get to the main menu. I like the way you can adjust watts in TC though. Just a three click and done. It has all the usual features in the menu but be prepared to scroll through and search a lot.

Now the looks and size. Some will like the rubber shell and some will find it ugly. I don’t hate it. And it feels fantastic. I get a nice ergonomic non-slip grip and don’t worry if it tips over (although it sits solid on the table - I’m clumsy). But it is substantially larger than a few other 80w lipo mods. It’s bigger than the Nano or Qbox or small Snowwolf. This is down to battery size. It sports a massive 2800 lipo battery. Should be good battery life right? Well, the chip is not as efficient as my Nano which is a 2500 lipo. I got 45 minutes more with the same tank on the Nano. That said at 25 watts (recommended for the tank) depending on whether you chain vape or not you should last all day and more. And it charges very fast.

Now to the star of the show. The NothCore tank. I love it. I had to ask Joytech if it was an SS coil (it is) so I vaped it in power and TC. At 25 watts and 215 C it was great. In power I found 25 watts perfect too. But the coils! It comes with five coils that can be rewicked! What? Amazing! And the flavour is on par. The coils will vary a bit - from 45 to .48 or so. No big deal. There tank has my seal of approval. Those five coils will last a year! And they are cheap.

So the mod comes in three colors - I got the sand colored mod. Tank is black. The mod is going to chip a bit (the paint) on the top and bottom. But most of the tank is rubberized finish so no biggie.

t6bZpbC.jpg
Joyetech Espion

Silk Mod Specs
• Size: 29.5x40x80mm
• Output: 80W max
• Battery: internal 2800mAh
• Display: 0.69in OLED
• Power modes: VW, Bypass, TC (Ni,Ti,SS), TCR
• Resistance range: 0.05-3.5ohm (VW/Bypass) 0.05-1.5ohm (TC)
• Hypoallergenic materials
• 2A quick charge
• Upgradeable firmware

O7ZMFtO.jpg

Joyetech NotchCore Specs
• Size: 22×49.5mm
• Capacity: 2.5ml
• Adjustable airflow
• Uses NotchCoilTM 0.45ohm coil
• Gold plated deck
• Slide top fill

ILH1hYJ.jpg

So i do I recommend the kit? Well, I love the tank. There is nothing outstanding about the mod. As a kit it is fine if you like the looks of it.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors