Become a Patron!

juice cost

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm fairly new to vaping (and loving it). Just wondering what u guys pay for juice? Mine seems high, but really like the shop

Fattlestar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Whatever it costs to stay off of cigarettes is worth it :)

I pay about $20 for 120ml of the cheap stuff I like, and about $35 for 120ml of the more expensive stuff I like.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I pay anywhere from $5 to $15 for 15ml depending on what it is. I don't buy the real cheap stuff. If I want stuff that just has a simple flavor, I can DIY that.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I pay anywhere from $5 to $15 for 15ml depending on what it is. I don't buy the real cheap stuff. If I want stuff that just has a simple flavor, I can DIY that.
So $20 for 20 ml s 90/10 vg pg doesnt seem that bad?

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So $20 for 20 ml s 90/10 vg pg doesnt seem that bad?
Depends on the juice. If you're getting it from a B@M that's probably what it'll run. If you like it and it keeps you off the stinkies all the better. But definitely, if you want to some chances you can try some cheaper stuff by ordering online.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Depends on the juice. If you're getting it from a B@M that's probably what it'll run. If you like it and it keeps you off the stinkies all the better. But definitely, if you want to some chances you can try some cheaper stuff by ordering online.
B@m?

Fattlestar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
B&M is the common term for brick & mortar, local vape shops :)

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Just IMO, make sure you're e-liquid is made in the USA or Europe.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
$1/ml is pretty common for the "gourmet" juices in a B&M - 75 cents or so for cheaper/house-made blends usually. Figure 25-50% cheaper online, and down into the <5 cent range if you DIY.

I've been mixing my own for a couple months, while I'm far from a gourmet I can do as good or better than most of the cheap juice makers and can't imagine ever paying for pre-mixed liquids again...or how I managed to do so for a full year and a half before.

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Heartlandvapes is MIO (Made In Oklahoma)

JOLT74

Member For 4 Years
At my local shop I pay about $10 for a 15ml of their own juice or about $13-16 for a 15ml of top shelf juice brands, 30ml usually run me between $18-24

Tank63

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I make mine. It's a LOT cheaper! Yes, there is some up front cost for the ingredients, but saves hundreds in the long run! Anyways, I was paying $8 for a 15ml bottle up to $20 for 50ml at a Vape store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I make mine. It's a LOT cheaper! Yes, there is some up front cost for the ingredients, but saves hundreds in the long run! Anyways, I was paying $8 for a 15ml bottle up to $20 for 50ml at a Vape store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It does seem like diy is something I should look into down the road. For now, its keepin me off the cigs, and I love the flavor im gettin, so I guess I shouldn't bitch:)

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I pay anywhere from $18 to $27 for 30ml. $57 to $67 for 120ml.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It does seem like diy is something I should look into down the road. For now, its keepin me off the cigs, and I love the flavor im gettin, so I guess I shouldn't bitch:)

Just started diy myself last night actually...Its not really complicated for simple mixing..I tried two multi mixes and got pretty decent results.

I was paying 18 to 21 bucks for 102ml of juice.

My initial investment costs almost double but in the long run ill be able to make what i want when i want and flavor it how i want it for way less than half the cost for the same 100ml amount...one person reported they Made over 100ml of something they liked for less than 4 bucks...So cost wise ,diy is a great long term investment.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If I stop buying the juices I buy..and the authentics I buy......the economy will collapse. I AM DOING THIS FOR YOU!!!!!!
Good point. Plus every time I get drunk, go to taco bell, get stuck n a snow drift, and lose my piece digging out my car, vape shop gets another boost:)

Tank63

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Heartlandvapes is MIO (Made In Oklahoma)
Heartland's Nic solution is no good though! I got a liter from them and had to stop using because it was making my mixes extremely harsh, and making me sick to my stomach! I need to find better nicotine!

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Heartland's Nic solution is no good though! I got a liter from them and had to stop using because it was making my mixes extremely harsh, and making me sick to my stomach! I need to find better nicotine!

Have you tried vaperstek nic? It's very smooth!

D

Donald Bickers

No, but I will check them out now! Thanks! Do you have a link?
I have been using nic from MFS for over 2 yrs and never had any problems,they usually have it on sale for 50 bucks a litre.

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
My last B&M e-liquid I bought $10+ tax for 10ml in a mall vape store. I about freaked out, but I was almost out. Then I got into DIY and have never been out of e-liquid
I have mixed a few bad recipes, some I was able to fix and a couple had to be dumped. A small price to pay to learn to become a better mixer.
On the other side, I have made some very good mixes of my own (that I know of) and that is a fine reward. Like others I like to share my better creations in the DIY thread.

-=Rob=-

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

The cleanest purist nicotine available is Vaperstek, either direct from them or from Bull City Vapor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kami917

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I got stuck on OMG WTF flavor and it's $8-10 on a 10ml so the money wise I think I spend more than cigarette but I don't mind it too much due to the flavor factor

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can vouch for the fluids from NicVape, very pure, but a much heftier price tag than some ($42 for 120ml of 100ml nicotine).....I have the same coming from Nude Nicotine at $19, at the recommendation of another member. ;)

Blade

Member For 4 Years
I'm a noob, but I pay about $7.50 for a 30ml bottle with 18mg of nicotine at a 60%VG/40%PG mix, any flavor.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm a noob, but I pay about $7.50 for a 30ml bottle with 18mg of nicotine at a 60%VG/40%PG mix, any flavor.
Good deal, but I was talking about nicotine.
Where you get your juice?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

trlrtrash13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I get some of my juice for around 50 cents per mil and some for around a dollar. The thing about DIY is it sucks. People will say it doesn't, but it does. I tried it years ago, making my own blends and trying recipes people posted. They suck. Every time I say that I get people who say "you haven't tried mine" and quite often they send me a bottle and... it sucks. Maybe they haven't tried the juices I vape, I don't know. Maybe our taste is that different. But I don't like buying a $200 mod and a $120 atomizer and putting crap juice in it. So, I pay whatever they charge for what I like. If you don't care about great, DIY is the cheapest. If you want great, it's the most expensive because you're gonna buy a bunch of flavors chasing recipes and tossing or giving away bottles of juice. If you don't mind vaping average stuff, than it is worth a shot. Just my opinion and experiences, of course.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I get some of my juice for around 50 cents per mil and some for around a dollar. The thing about DIY is it sucks. People will say it doesn't, but it does. I tried it years ago, making my own blends and trying recipes people posted. They suck. Every time I say that I get people who say "you haven't tried mine" and quite often they send me a bottle and... it sucks. Maybe they haven't tried the juices I vape, I don't know. Maybe our taste is that different. But I don't like buying a $200 mod and a $120 atomizer and putting crap juice in it. So, I pay whatever they charge for what I like. If you don't care about great, DIY is the cheapest. If you want great, it's the most expensive because you're gonna buy a bunch of flavors chasing recipes and tossing or giving away bottles of juice. If you don't mind vaping average stuff, than it is worth a shot. Just my opinion and experiences, of course.

It can start out that way, but in the past year I've bought one bottle of juice to taste. There are so very many great recipes floating around, thanks to the original PV thread over at the other place, and now the FA thread here, that I've been able to make juice that is better than anything I ever bought - at least to my taste.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry, I'm on another planet today lol. www.affordablevapingny.com
That's definitely understood, I have a planet I go to as well....I go there a lot, it's quiet, the cows give chocolate milk, and I look good in a bikini there....:D.....lol!
Thanks for the link, I'll check it out!

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, I've certainly had my share of failures but I've bought one bottle of juice in weeks, have gotten pretty darn good at making my own. Just takes time, practice, and a flat out refusal to accept defeat. ;)

trlrtrash13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well, I've certainly had my share of failures but I've bought one bottle of juice in weeks, have gotten pretty darn good at making my own. Just takes time, practice, and a flat out refusal to accept defeat. ;)
And that = $$$$

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And that = $$$$
You better believe it! At one time, between myself and my last husband, we were spending twice the cost of our RENT in cigarettes. Now that's a reality check! He passed on nearly five years ago and I certainly wasn't spending that much on myself, but cut back to a pack a day after I remarried and had to smoke outside. (This hubby is critically asthmatic) now that I've quit completely, there's about $160 a month in my pocket. I haven't spent that much in my DIY in the four months I've been doing it. I win. :D

I mix 50-75% of my own, but I always buy and try new stuff... for fun...

Lately, I have been enjoying vaportrails... they've been around... nothing flashy... just really good juice... $20/50mls... 25% off through tomorrow too.

and Atonemint... best menthols... around .70/ml...

in any case... I am used to paying $15-$22 /30ml...

trlrtrash13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You better believe it! At one time, between myself and my last husband, we were spending twice the cost of our RENT in cigarettes. Now that's a reality check! He passed on nearly five years ago and I certainly wasn't spending that much on myself, but cut back to a pack a day after I remarried and had to smoke outside. (This hubby is critically asthmatic) now that I've quit completely, there's about $160 a month in my pocket. I haven't spent that much in my DIY in the four months I've been doing it. I win. :D
Me and the wifey both smoked, so I know the feeling. We've both been vaping now for 3 years. She saves money, but I probably spend more than she saves. lol. I'm a bit of a hobbyist.

Blade

Member For 4 Years
They've got some mouth watering flavors in there! Are they really good? I mean, do you need extra shots or are they tasty as they come? Some of those I haven't seen anywhere else.
They are pretty decent as is. Haven't tried the extra shot yet. Then again, I just quit smoking a couple of days ago so my taste buds still suck.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They are pretty decent as is. Haven't tried the extra shot yet. Then again, I just quit smoking a couple of days ago so my taste buds still suck.
That will improve soon! I think the best part is getting back your sense of smell. I didn't realize how dull my sense of smell had gotten till about a month after I quit when I walked down the bread aisle at the grocery store. Man it smelled good....:)

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That will improve soon! I think the best part is getting back your sense of smell. I didn't realize how dull my sense of smell had gotten till about a month after I quit when I walked down the bread aisle at the grocery store. Man it smelled good....:)
I agree with the smell thing. Although the bad ones are enhanced as well:( guess u gotta take the bad with the good

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree with the smell thing. Although the bad ones are enhanced as well:( guess u gotta take the bad with the good

I can no longer stand outside with the smokers - the smell really gets to me now (not that I would ever say that considering I smelled like that for 40 years....!)

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I can no longer stand outside with the smokers - the smell really gets to me now (not that I would ever say that considering I smelled like that for 40 years....!)
The guy that gives me breaks at work is a smoker. Every time he comes over I gag. But im not casting stones either. That was me for 20 years

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And that = $$$$
Oh it certainly is, to start...I went whole-hog and dropped close to $250 to start out in early December. But I haven't bought a bottle of juice since then.

If I figure the wife and I were going through 2 15ml bottles each per week, one cheaper and one from a name-brand line, let's say, that's about a $40 juice budget. That's 2/3 of what we spent on smokes, and the hardware cost...let's just say I'm a hobbyist too.

I can now make juice that falls somewhere between decent and really good, maybe not quite as amazing as some of my favorite store-bought lines. But I'm learning more with every new batch, and I think I'll get good at this within another couple months. I've already made back my up front investment,that's for sure, and I'm stocked up for months on everything but a couple favorite flavors that are running low...now if I can just stop buying hardware!

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The guy that gives me breaks at work is a smoker. Every time he comes over I gag. But im not casting stones either. That was me for 20 years
Tell me about it! I manage a breakfast restaurant and I can tell soon as someone walks in the door if they just smoked or if they smoke at all. If an employee goes out back to smoke and walks all the way back to the front of the building, I can smell it. It's sour and nasty and I can't believe I smelled like that for over 30 years. I'd never look down on anyone for doing it, I'll defend a smoker's rights till I drop, but you notice a lot more negative aspects after you quit.

Blade

Member For 4 Years
I look forward to it.

VU Sponsors