Become a Patron!

Juice Dilution Help

Hello all! New to the forum, but I've been vaping for a little over two years. During that whole time I was firmly in the ego stick/ 1.8 ohm clearomizer camp and was getting more and more ridiculously Unsatisfied, leading me back to stinkies. I just made the switch to subohm vaping and I'm absolutely loving it. Here's my problem though...

I have a few bottles left of 6mg 75pg/25vg juice in my absolute favorite flavors. The 6mg is to much for me on my subohm unit ( I tend to chain vape) and the high pg is not satisfying at all (I love clouds) so I was kind of bummed that I wasn't going to be able to use those bottles. Then I had a thought. I would like to order these flavors in a 0 nic at 100% VG ( with an extra flavor shot or two to account for VG not carrying flavor as well). I'm good on what that will do to the nic level, but will that boost the VG too much? I'm using a Kanger Topbox starter kit with the coils that came with it.

Any help would be much appreciated. Been lurking here for a few days and you seem like great bunch!

AjRose

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I do it all the time , my hubby likes higher nic then I do so I split juice in half with 0 nic and make a 3 nic out of it. Works for me.

Sent from my Z936L using Tapatalk

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Hello all! New to the forum, but I've been vaping for a little over two years. During that whole time I was firmly in the ego stick/ 1.8 ohm clearomizer camp and was getting more and more ridiculously Unsatisfied, leading me back to stinkies. I just made the switch to subohm vaping and I'm absolutely loving it. Here's my problem though...

I have a few bottles left of 6mg 75pg/25vg juice in my absolute favorite flavors. The 6mg is to much for me on my subohm unit ( I tend to chain vape) and the high pg is not satisfying at all (I love clouds) so I was kind of bummed that I wasn't going to be able to use those bottles. Then I had a thought. I would like to order these flavors in a 0 nic at 100% VG ( with an extra flavor shot or two to account for VG not carrying flavor as well). I'm good on what that will do to the nic level, but will that boost the VG too much? I'm using a Kanger Topbox starter kit with the coils that came with it.

Any help would be much appreciated. Been lurking here for a few days and you seem like great bunch!
If you had a 30 ml bottle of 75pg/25vg and 6 mg/ml nicotine, and mix it with a 30 ml 100vg at 0 mg/ml nicotine, it would result 60 ml of approximately 36.5pg/63.65vg at 3mg/ml nicotine.
BTW, the Kanger coils can deal with that PG/VG ratio. I even used 20/80 in my Kanger Subtanks, which have pretty much the same coils.

Thanks! I figured the pg/vg ratio would probably be ok, but figured I'd ask some veterans who would know better. I was good with the simple math of cutting the nic level in half, but figuring out the pg/vg percentage was escaping me. Thanks again for the help!

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks! I figured the pg/vg ratio would probably be ok, but figured I'd ask some veterans who would know better. I was good with the simple math of cutting the nic level in half, but figuring out the pg/vg percentage was escaping me. Thanks again for the help!
I was using http://www.steam-engine.org/juice.asp, in order to make these estimates. However, for making your real DIY eJuice, I'm utilizing http://e-liquid-recipes.com/create. I like it, due to being able to access it with any internet enabled device, at any time. There are other excellent calculators, that you can install on your PC, or Android smart phones (iPhone seems to be blocking such apps).

VU Sponsors