Become a Patron!

Juice flavors seriously lacking - or just my taste receptors?

hardhead

Member For 3 Years
I'm getting frustrated with all these juices that smell great and have little - lackluster flavor. I'm wondering if it's my equipment, my methods or just my crappy flavor receptors. I have several mods and they all seem to perform the same.

Vandy Vape 80w Pulse with Drop dual coil RDA (self made fused clapton kanthal with 26gx40g 7 wraps at 2.5mm) ohms out to about .25. Cotton bacon wick - vape at 60W

Vandy Vape 80w Pulse with Dead Rabbit single coil RDA - (self made fused clapton kanthal with 26gx40g 6 wraps at 2.5mm) ohms out to .4. Cotton bacon wick - vape at 45W

Vandy Vape 80w Pulse with Digiflavor Mesh RDA - kanthal mesh at .15Ohm - vape at 65W

XFang 200W with Falcon tank .2Ohm coil - vape at 45W

Eleaf iStick 60 with Baby Prince tank - .15Ohm coil vape at 45W - 50W

Juices:
Many flavors from Charlie's Chalk Dust, Flow, Victory Liquid, Naked 100, etc.

The juice smells good from the bottle and even if I smell the RDA while pulsing the coils. I'm getting full, dense vapor, but little, if any, flavor. It's getting to be very frustrating.

Any ideas?

HBVapeShop

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
A lot of times it can be a multitude of the things you think it may be. You may not be vaping at the "sweet spot" for those flavors, and the flavors you're getting may not be that great (not throwing shade at the companies you mentioned). You also may be suffering from vape tongue meaning your taste buds are immune to the flavor from too much vaping. Hydrate, play with your settings per flavor to find what points work the best and change up your juice flavors until you find what speaks to you.

^ I know this isn't a lot of concrete information, but there's no definitive answer to one person's experience

obijuan77

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
You could try re-wicking your coil. I know sometimes if I stuff too much wick it will mute flavor. Maybe you have too much cotton bacon in your coil?

hardhead

Member For 3 Years
I wick pretty tight. I'll give it a shot and use less wick.

This vaper's tongue... How exactly would I know if that's what's going on? I've had it before and could feel my tongue was dry and felt burnt for a few days, then gradually, things went back to normal.

My tongue feels fine at the moment but the flavor is gone for all devices and flavors for 3 days now. I always associated "vapor's tongue" to a kind of burned feeling on the tongue. Usually switching between flavors allowed for a brief taste.. But lately, it's been like vaping flavorless juice.

Last edited:

obijuan77

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Yea, I would try to rewick with a little less cotton in the coil. Remember cotton expands when wet, so you don't want it tight in the coil when dry. Let us know if there's any difference.

As for vaper's tongue it only happens to me when I vape 1 flavor continuously then I can't taste that flavor anymore, but switching flavors usually cures that for me, but since you say your having this issue with multiple flavors, I think something else could be to blame

VU Sponsors