Become a Patron!

juice goes bad

angus67

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey, guys.
I've been vaping for 6 months now, and it seems half way thru a bottle of juice, all of a sudden the flavor just dies. The lighter flavors like watermelon, strawberry and such taste like soap, and flavors like vanilla cup cake, holy grail, and cream sickle start to taste more like its just flat out juice. Tastes like its just something to vape.
Brands I've baught, vaportech, evape, vapor beast, appollo.
I think I have around 100ml of various flavors that just aren't any good anymore. They are all around 18 to 12 mg of nic, varying pg/vg ratios.
Im using a istick with a nautilus mini, and only clean it with vodka and hot water. Even when I put in a new coil, flavor stays same. Wife is using same setup, and hers tastes lame too. I run 10watts, she runs 7-8 watts.
I just got a shipment from two peas. Got vanilla cupcake, peaches and cream, and creamsickle. They gave me a sample of purple people eater, and I really dig it, but again, half way thru the bottle, Seems to kinda taste like bbq sauce. It was a really kick ass grape, like grape kool-aide.
Ive thought maybe my taste buds are getting numb to the flavor, so I cleaned out my nauty soaked in vodka, new coil, retried watermelon, and still, lame. another wasted new coil.
So what gives? I go thru about 4ml a day. looking at this Tupperware full of liquid is killing me. Am I not going thru it fast enuf?

greendodo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
How long have you had them? Most e juices should be good for about a year after it was made I believe. If its not the coils then then the juices probably are bad, so buy some new juice, but not multiple of 100ml bottles. Maybe like 2, 30 ml bottles of juice at a time.

OB61887

Am I saying meow?
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
What atty are you vaping with? I have noticed that vapping in my Billow, juice gets cooked and takes on a different flavor. Still, with 10 watts and less I find that less likely for you.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey, guys.
I've been vaping for 6 months now, and it seems half way thru a bottle of juice, all of a sudden the flavor just dies. The lighter flavors like watermelon, strawberry and such taste like soap, and flavors like vanilla cup cake, holy grail, and cream sickle start to taste more like its just flat out juice. Tastes like its just something to vape.
I think I have around 100ml of various flavors that just aren't any good anymore. They are all around 18 to 12 mg of nic, varying pg/vg ratios.
Im using a istick with a nautilus mini, and only clean it with vodka and hot water. Even when I put in a new coil, flavor stays same. Wife is using same setup, and hers tastes lame too. I run 10watts, she runs 7-8 watts.
I just got a shipment from two peas. Got vanilla cupcake, peaches and cream, and creamsickle. They gave me a sample of purple people eater, and I really dig it, but again, half way thru the bottle, Seems to kinda taste like bbq sauce. It was a really kick ass grape, like grape kool-aide.
Ive thought maybe my taste buds are getting numb to the flavor, so I cleaned out my nauty soaked in vodka, new coil, retried watermelon, and still, lame. another wasted new coil.
So what gives? I go thru about 4ml a day. looking at this Tupperware full of liquid is killing me. Am I not going thru it fast enuf?
Put em in the freezer until you need them.

angus67

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How long have you had them? Most e juices should be good for about a year after it was made I believe. If its not the coils then then the juices probably are bad, so buy some new juice, but not multiple of 100ml bottles. Maybe like 2, 30 ml bottles of juice at a time.
most recent ones I had go bad I only had for a couple weeks.

angus67

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What atty are you vaping with? I have noticed that vapping in my Billow, juice gets cooked and takes on a different flavor. Still, with 10 watts and less I find that less likely for you.
Im using a istick with a nautilus mini

SusanP4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've never felt like a juice I had went bad. For me it's more a matter of becoming inured to a flavor. I swap flavors often. It also helps to brush your tongue when you brush your teeth.

angus67

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
for most of the day I used menthol, and just now, grabbed the purple people eater and it tastes as it should. I don't know what inured means, but I think that's what happened.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey, guys.
What is the VG/PG ratio

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
You got used to the juice and ended up with vapor's tongue! Glad you sorted out the problem :)
+1
And, as mentioned by others already, it's always good to have 3-4 different flavors to switch around. However, the brands you mentioned aren't the best either. I myself had various liquids from Apollo when I started, until I found some online stores, that sold some real good liquids. Although, they cost a bit more, it was worth it. Meanwhile, I'm making my own juice.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hehe what you eat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hope you are on your way to texas...it's getting cold here again.
cold_smiley_face.gif

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
i suck at math, but just roughly figuring from you signature, you smoked 100 packs a day????
:) I copied the signature from my other forum, without checking it. Guess, it's time for upgrading it.

angus67

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Two peas in a pod seems to be the most stable. I have been brushing my tongue, and keeping my juice in a cool dry place. I know pg is hydroscopic, and keep my lids tight.

VU Sponsors