Become a Patron!

Juice in tank.

Matty102

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
okay, why is it that every tank I have ever had gets juice in the stem and drip tip? I don't want to be ingesting juice when I vape. Tanks I have had. Aspire, Kanger, Uwell, and eleaf. All tanks these companies have released. I am now look at the Aspire Nautilus X. Will I get any satisfaction from it? I am to that point of saying F' it!!

savagebee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It may just be some water condensation or burned coils leaking the juice when the cotton is toast. We need more info to try and help. Do they always leak, sometimes leak, does changing coils help? Ever done your own coils?

Matty102

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
They always leak. Changing a coil doesn't help. I can use a qtips on the drip tip and the stem, and the q tip is never clean. It only leaks into the bottom part with air holes, every now and then. Could my mod be bad? I have an eleaf 100w.

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It's condensation and it's normal. Clean your stuff and you won't have problems with accumulation.

savagebee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's not the mod, it really sounds like vapor condensation. This is part of why I switched to primarily using rdas. My smok tfv8 does not have this problem though.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All the tanks that work with vacuum(most using brebuilt coils) will leak during temperature changes. A few degrees change higher temp will cause the liquid to expand. That pushes it through the wick causing flooding/leaking. I'm not sure if that is your issue but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

savagebee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
All the tanks that work with vacuum(most using brebuilt coils) will leak during temperature changes. A few degrees change higher temp will cause the liquid to expand. That pushes it through the wick causing flooding/leaking. I'm not sure if that is your issue but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Or this. I had a nautilus that drive me nuts for just this reason

VapeVillian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The smaller the bore if the chimney and drip tip, the more liquid you'll get up top. If you get a large bore chimney you sacrifice flavor, but reduce the drip tip liquid immensely.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Matty102

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
A bigger top or the hole in the bottom? I have one that says it is it is a wide bore.

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Putting a "wide bore" on a narrow chimney really doesn't help. In fact, in some cases (Lotus ΩMega kit comes to mind), you get a lot more condensation with the stock wide DT. Spiral and/or screened DTs seem, to me, to give you the greatest reduction in DT condensation. You may also be "vaping wrong". Technically, this isn't possible, there's no real "wrong", but if you're tilting your mod base above the tip while vaping, yeah, you're going to experience "drinking" a lot more than if you vaped base down, tip up.

Matty102

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well the make mods now where the tank is on the opposite side as the button and I hold it with the numbers and buttons are towards me and the tank is on the other side, so there is a tilt there.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Well the make mods now where the tank is on the opposite side as the button and I hold it with the numbers and buttons are towards me and the tank is on the other side, so there is a tilt there.
Tipping or tilting your tank should not make it leak juice in your mouth.
Your heat is too high or too low, you are inhaling too strong, overfilling the tank, getting eliquid in the air chimney when you are adding more eliquid, not priming the coils slowly, start with low watts at like 10w and work your way up to 25w, burning out the coil can cause leaking too.
There are many You Tube videos on your tanks, maybe you should watch some, that might help? The videos help me! Good Luck!

VU Sponsors