Juice shelf life in tank

Discussion in 'Help I have questions!' started by KA1OTE, Jan 17, 2016.

1. KA1OTE

KA1OTE New Member

Blog Posts:
    Hey everyone! New here and pretty new to vaping in general. For reference to my question, I am using a Uwell Crown tank on an eVic-VT.

In the process of trying tons of juice flavors, I've discovered a few that I really like BUT when I want to change flavors, I go through a hell of a process to get rid of the previous flavor as much as possible. I dismantle the tank completely, remove the coil, rinse the tank pieces individually, dry everything thoroughly, reassemble (sometimes swap out the coil, sometimes not - as these can be pricey), fill with juice and *finally* return to vaping. There has *got* to be an easier way to switch flavors!

It got me thinking.. to keep things simple, and mainly to keep my flavors separated and true and not mixed in the same coil, I'm wanting to have one tank/coil setup for each flavor.. so I can simply swap out flavors by just swapping out to a different tank. The idea would be to have multiple tanks setup with coils and juice ready to go whenever I'd like to grab them.

My concern is this.. are there any known issues with letting a tank sit with juice in it? I'm not talking for weeks.. I'd be swapping out and using each tank every few days or so, so they wouldn't be sitting idle for a long time. Just curious if there would be any problem with this approach?

2. SMOKIE

SMOKIE THE MODFATHER Staff Member VU Senior Leadership VU Senior Administrator Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years VU Live Leadership VU Live Host Show Host Reviewer Vape Media

Blog Posts:
    I have never cleaned a tank yet, I just add the new flavor with vaping till I can taste it. But I do put a new coil head in every 5 days or so.

Now for leaving juice in a tank over a week it will get kind of gunky if it is a dark colored juice, light colored juices seem to hold up better, but there are still a lot of variations that factor in on how long the juice will stay good for.

Angrygod50 likes this.
  3. Lost

Lost Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
  4. freemind

freemind Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    The easiest way to switch flavors, is to use an RDA. Change wick and a quick pulse (maybe a fast rinse under the tap).

But RDA's aren't for people who don't want to build coils and fiddle.

5. KA1OTE

KA1OTE New Member

Blog Posts:
    Thanks for the replies! Helps to have a little insight from those with more experience. :) Thanks again!

6. Whiskey

Whiskey Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    That is how I do it as well

Angrygod50 likes this.
  7. georgemeadal

georgemeadal Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    When I let the tank sit idle, I make sure to keep it and all juice/nicotine out of the direct sunlight.

Midnight and Angrygod50 like this.
  8. PatheticMr.

PatheticMr. Bronze Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    I've never had a problem just emptying out the tank and putting in a new juice. No need to clean every time. It might take, say, 20-30 pulls before the taste of the previous juice goes (depending on the juice). I've never really felt the need to go to much trouble ! :)

9. vuJim

vuJim Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    When I change flavours in a tank I
    1. Empty the tank of the old juice (duh)
    2. Thoroughly rinse everything but the atomizer under hot water
    3. Blow everything dry with an air gun
    If it's an RTA: I pulse the atomizer and blow on it until the cotton appears mostly dry. I do the same on RDAs.

10. Angrygod50

Angrygod50 Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    I've left liquid in a tank for a few days with no problems. Also I just clean out the tank not the coil when I change flavors.

11. Midnight

Midnight Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    I am one who switches tanks with different juices so there is less of a hassle switching flavors.
    You can leave juice in tanks as long as you want... I have left juice in them quite awhile, the only issue i have with doing that is some tanks tend to leak when they sit for awhile, so make sure you put them on/in something that wont be damaged by juice leaks.
    I use old prescription bottles. They work good for transporting multiple flavors with you also...

BillW50 likes this.
  12. Kethiju

Kethiju New Member Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    Vegetable Glycerin has a finite shelf life. About 2 years. That's going to be your most stable chemical in the juice. Nicotine has a similar shelf life, but it must be kept cold to preserve it that long. Flavors in the juice can have wildly different stabilities and thus different life spans. To be safe, I'd limit their stays in tanks to a few weeks if left in light. A couple months if they are stored in the dark. A year or more if they are refrigerated. Problem with refrigeration, gelling. Agitate them periodically to prevent gelling and settling. Before use, warm them up with a hot water bath.

13. BillW50

BillW50 Bronze Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    I bought four Nautilus tanks over a year ago. I still have two sitting in my atty rack with juice still in them. If I vape them now, it is hard to tell how good the juice is since about 90% of the taste has a chrome taste to it. I have a few Subtanks that I am sure I haven't cracked opened for 6 months or more. They still tasting pretty good to me. But on the other hand, MBV Coffee and Hazelnut Coffee tastes horrible after being two weeks old. I love them just freshly made though. And I know for a fact, not all MBV juices are freshly made.

14. BillW50

BillW50 Bronze Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts: