Become a Patron!

Juice taste burnt all the sudden. Why?

YoMommasPimp

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well, I had purchased a 30ml bottle of ShoNuff by Vapergate in 6mg. Was able to hit it all day at 20w with a .5 or 1.2 ohm coil on my kanger. Absolutley loved it. So i went and ordered a 120ml bottle. Unfortunately i mistakenly ordered 0mg.

So in order to fix the issue i ordered a 120ml 12mg bottle. Mixed the 2 bottles thoroughly and figured this would be the same as my original 6mg bottle i bought and loved. NOPE.

It taste burnt at 20 watts even when taking super small hits. I have tried new coils and some i have rebuilt and it still taste bad. I have to now take hits at 8-10 watts. Very little taste and very little vapor. Anyone know why this would do this. Kinda feel i may have 200ml+ of juice i will have to throw away.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Oh wow, that sucks. Have you tried this on any other device and had the same issue??

YoMommasPimp

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I use several different mods ranging from a siegeli mini 30w, 2 eleaf 50w, and my new ipv4 and they all seem to do same thing. But my big 7ml sub tank is the only one i use for this juice. Mainly cause i can fill it and it lasts all day at work. I have tried several coils just to be sure that was not the culprit.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm having a similar issue on a much smaller scale, so I hope someone can answer for ya. I use very simple equipment, same issue and everything was fine a few days ago. I've done the same things you've done. So frustrating.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use several different mods ranging from a siegeli mini 30w, 2 eleaf 50w, and my new ipv4 and they all seem to do same thing. But my big 7ml sub tank is the only one i use for this juice. Mainly cause i can fill it and it lasts all day at work. I have tried several coils just to be sure that was not the culprit.

Only thing I can suggest is to try a different tank and see if you still get the same result. It sounds as if perhaps the 510 isn't making a good connection if you're lacking flavor and vapor.

YoMommasPimp

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Only thing I can suggest is to try a different tank and see if you still get the same result. It sounds as if perhaps the 510 isn't making a good connection if you're lacking flavor and vapor.

I am lacking vapor and flavor cause i had to turn it down to 10W or less so it does not taste burnt.

YoMommasPimp

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
yes.. tried my sub tank mini with a new 1.2ohm coil. No change

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
At least so far, I have one juice that I can't use on my iStick. My next venture is trying higher ohms to see if that's the difference, because I wasn't having this problem until a few days ago. I'm very frustrated, because I really like my iStick.

Like I said, I'm using a way more simple set up, same issue, though.:confused:

I highly doubt it would be your mod unless you have this problem with ALL your juice... The only thing I can think of is that you've burnt your wick... How well did you mix your juices? You could just have a hella strong nic content. I would try stirring it and see if that works :T

YoMommasPimp

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well, It was the nic content. I mixed a 10ml bottle with 5ml of 0mg shonuff and 5ml of the mixed 6mg shonuff. Was able to hit it at 20 watts with just a little cough. After I had some room in the tank i added 2 droppers full of the 6mg. All is fine now. Seems just a week or so of vaping 3mg and lower juice made the 6mg seem super strong. I would have never guessed that was the issue considering 2 months ago i was hitting 12mg and 18mg juices. Guess i know i can throw away all the 12 and 18 i have left since i will never be able to stand that strong again. I am now vaping the 6mg shonuff at 20 watts with great flavor and vapor again. Thanks for all the comments.

VU Sponsors