Become a Patron!

Juice turning colors? (protank 3 v2)

JBrentonK

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Like the Op says, my juice on my protank 3 v2 is changing colors on its own. It's a black/brownish color. It really scares me. not long ago I had a problem just yesterday actually of tasting coils really too often, and because this connects the coil to the base, I figured something with that was the problem. Anyway so I changed coils and it worked fine and wasn't ruined on another tank. Still trying the newer coil I put in this one that I changed from the other one, and I only got like 2 coil tastes and I vape it like 3 times every 5 minutes on average, and take extended breaks every now and then. So... But it's doing fine, if not I'll post that. But I don't believe it was just the coil, I had a VOCC coil a 1.2 and I was vaping high VG with it, doesn't work on the 1.5's though. I'm pretty certain even now with it's 1.0 (non VOCC I think) it won't change. It's working good I guess. I suspect that it's because of the coil making the 5/10 connection, and this may be a common problem, but it's the only answer I can think of for my juice turning brown/black. It tastes fine, I can't notice any problems, but it may not be too healthy!

Plz help!

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's oxidation caused by heat and oxygen. Don't worry about it. If it tastes funky, sour, or bitter, then clean the tank and put a new coil in. Some juices tend to get darker quicker, the ones that have sweetener in them do so frequently.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's oxidation caused by heat and oxygen. Don't worry about it. If it tastes funky, sour, or bitter, then clean the tank and put a new coil in. Some juices tend to get darker quicker, the ones that have sweetener in them do so frequently.
Yep that is it.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
When the juice in the tank is darker than the juice in your refill bottle, it's time to clean the tank and replace the coil. In this case, the juice turns dark, due to gunk in the coils, and/or burned wicking material.

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't worry about it JBrentonK. That type of tank design does that and there's nothing you can do about it. I've vaped really darkened juice and it didn't bother me. I have actually never noticed any change in flavor, but then I smoked for 37 years so my taste buds are probably not the best anymore.

If you do notice a change in the vape that you don't like just clean the tank and put in fresh juice. I've never noticed it happen any faster after I did that.

VU Sponsors