Become a Patron!

Juice will not mix.

BigKev77

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I know this isn't the proper place but I know you good DIY folks are the best to ask. I bought some black licorice eliquid from MBV. I have bought it before at a 50/50 mix and it was fine but this time I ordered 80vg 20pg. The juice will not mix. I shake the life out of it and it is cloudy then quickly turns into a clumpy looking mess until it completely separates. I can't even fill a tank before it is separated. It is like it will not mix with the VG and the VG just settle to the bottom. In my 236ml bottle there is a good 1-2 inches of separated liquid at the top of the bottle. I even put some in glass bottles and put them in the crock pot for about 4 hours and it still wont mix. What the heck???

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
"clumpy looking mess" and "can't fill a tank before it is separated" is not something I'd vape.

I often use FA Anise, FW Black Licorice, TFA Absinthe, and a couple similar others - all in max-VG. None has ever clumped, none separated that fast. Not normal. Some of them will react with plastics, though, so it could do weird things in a plastic tank.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When buying flavors it's important to make sure they are not oil based.

BigKev77

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I let MBV know but got their usual response to those who complain about their juice. The juice has to steep ect. Told to get back with them on 6/11. I guess we'll see how it goes til then. I won't be vaping it until it comes together if it ever does. Thanks for your help.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I let MBV know but got their usual response to those who complain about their juice. The juice has to steep ect. Told to get back with them on 6/11. I guess we'll see how it goes til then. I won't be vaping it until it comes together if it ever does. Thanks for your help.
Which is exactly why I stopped ordering juice and flavorings from them. When I complained about one of their flavorings (Moo Juice - it was AWFUL), they implied that I had attempted to vape the flavoring and let me know it was meant to be mixed with other fluids....(DUR.....) Refused a return or a refund and I refuse to give them any more of my money. The email I received from them was very condescending and unprofessional.
The last actual juice I got from them used to be one of my favorites, Cinnatoast Munch, a spot on match to the cereal of the similar name. It sat for a mere four weeks on my desk and turned near black and tasted foul. No more from them, believe me. I make my own juice with flavorings from other vendors and am better off for it.

Count Vapula

Member For 4 Years
dayum! DIY, I have had triacetyl separate out when used > 14% still a thin layer at 7%. Think its a 'v2' substitute

(TFA Rootbeer which has a ton of licorice/anise flavouring in it)

Seen a little gel precipitate out before too. Wasn't sure if it was EM or Stevia causing it

Sounds like a frigging disaster from MBV tho. ><

VU Sponsors