Become a Patron!

Juiced chip fix

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wondering if anyone had ever fixed a mod that has a chip that got juiced. Got a squid double barrel yesterday in a local trade and today the screen started acting up. Took it apart and the board with the S reen has had juice on it at some point. Not soaked but wet. Wondering if it's possible to drop the whole top in isopropyl alcohol to try to clean it and let it super dry. I know it's been done with mosfets. Just wondering if anyone has ever tried this. Also is there some kind of electronic cleaner spray or something that can be used? Thanks in advance. I'd like to get this one working. And not have to buy a new one. I really love the form fittingness of it.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ditto. I've had a dead billet box for a very long time.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can take the top off the dB so it's just the 510,wires, screen and chip. I bet alcohol will mess up the screen

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Being that the screen is still attached to it all would that be harmed by the alcohol. Can't see a way to unattach without desoldering the ribbon wire
7848d9d59da6e30e866cebf93967692e.jpg

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can take a pic disassembled if needed but they all pretty much are close on the inside

VU Sponsors