Become a Patron!

Juices for tanks

Jackvape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I was told the monster jam juice I use isnt good for tanks that they kill the coil. Does anyone know if that is true. My cotton turns dark quick but I still get good flavor. My wifes coil turns dark and she vapes vape dojo vanilla custard. Is there certain juices u cant use in a tank?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Plastic type tanks don't do well with certain flavors, like citrus and red hot cinnamons. Otherwise, you can use whatever you like, but some flavors do shorten the life of coils. Lots of sweeteners and chocolates can.

Jackvape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Plastic type tanks don't do well with certain flavors, like citrus and red hot cinnamons. Otherwise, you can use whatever you like, but some flavors do shorten the life of coils. Lots of sweeteners and chocolates can.
Monster jam is pretty sweet but its basic flavors like rasberry and grape and blueberry. Nothing out the ordinary.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
You'll definitely know if it's gunked, or especially burnt up. There's no flavor like that, and no coming back from it, aside from swapping your coil.

I would think your wife's juice would be killing her coils faster, than yours. Custards can do that. But, if your both happy with how long your coils are lasting you, then I'd not be too concerned. There are big coil killers out there. Fruits are not usually the culprit.

Jackvape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
You'll definitely know if it's gunked, or especially burnt up. There's no flavor like that, and no coming back from it, aside from swapping your coil.

I would think your wife's juice would be killing her coils faster, than yours. Custards can do that. But, if your both happy with how long your coils are lasting you, then I'd not be too concerned. There are big coil killers out there. Fruits are not usually the culprit.
We just started using tanks. We were rda lovers. So our coils r only a week old. There dark but taste just fine.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
We just started using tanks. We were rda lovers. So our coils r only a week old. There dark but taste just fine.
RTA or subohm tank? You'll certainly have more control with wrapping your own coils, but as long as your juice is tasting good, I wouldn't be overly concerned. My fruit flavor tanks/wicks do last longer than my bakery flavor ones, but like you guys, I'm a happy camper as long as they taste good.

Jackvape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
RTA or subohm tank? You'll certainly have more control with wrapping your own coils, but as long as your juice is tasting good, I wouldn't be overly concerned. My fruit flavor tanks/wicks do last longer than my bakery flavor ones, but like you guys, I'm a happy camper as long as they taste good.
Its the new Sense Screen sub ohm tank. It just came out. They use wood pulp like the falcon does. Im using the triple mesh.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Its the new Sense Screen sub ohm tank. It just came out. They use wood pulp like the falcon does. Im using the triple mesh.
Wood pulp, wicking, you mean? I use rayon wicking in RTA tanks What I've read about it says that it's wood pulp. They last me longer than cotton ever did, plus I like the flavor better. There are a lot of fans of it.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have ran 200ml of pancake man through my Sense Screen since getting it and I'm still currently on the same coil. The coils still last a while even with the sugary bakery flavours that I use.
I got 2 weeks out of my Mesh pro using strawberry jam monster that is known to gunk up coils. When I was using the damn baby beast it would just kill the coil in two days. I mainly used RTAs till all these mesh coils hit the market cos stock coil tanks had muted flavour and the coils dint last long enough!

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Mesh coils seem to do better for longevity than standard wire coils. It's usually the amount of sweetener used that wrecks coils faster. If it tastes fine, then it should be okay to vape. When it starts tasting burnt or muted, then it's time to change your coil. I heard the Screen tank is a good one.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mesh coils seem to do better for longevity than standard wire coils. It's usually the amount of sweetener used that wrecks coils faster. If it tastes fine, then it should be okay to vape. When it starts tasting burnt or muted, then it's time to change your coil. I heard the Screen tank is a good one.
It's my all time favourite tank atm dude. Beats the Falcon and other mesh tanks :)

VU Sponsors