Become a Patron!

Juicy Lucy's extreme NETS experiment

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So, Monday afternoon I gently replanted the cigar tobacco seedlings into a dirt filled box, and did the Mohawk Tuesday - and they were doing great

I get up today, and something went through and ate all the cigar tobacco, leaving me only one seedling - no idea what got it
picturing a briefly happy snail, that ends up eternally stabby from withdrawals

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I started new germination for the cigar tobacco Tuesday under great sunny skies - of course it has done nothing but rain, rain, rain since then, lol

Haven't moved the Virginia seedlings but need to, they are getting seriously crowded; the Mohawk are all doing very well indeed

Might post pics later - got a bad case of the blahs yesterday and didn't do shit

I am thinking about getting a few more varieties of seeds and not worry about cross-contamination - which would mean having to buy new seeds yearly rather than harvesting my own

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
The Virginia seedlings got transferred to a growing box today :)

The cigar tobacco seeds are germinating, despite almost no sunshine until today, lol

The one cigar seedling that survived whatever ate the rest is growing nicely too

IMG_0983.jpeg Virginia seedlings
IMG_0989.jpeg cigar tobacco seedling

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Here is the exact same cigar seedling from March 28

And the replanting I had to do are coming along nicely, about an inch high

IMG_1171.jpeg

The real stars of the show, however, is the Mohawk ceremonial tobacco - the stuff is flourishing

IMG_1170.jpeg

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Fuck it, I created an account and posted on ECF hahahaha
hey @JuicyLucy
I just came up with a new recipe ya may wanna try it

the-coconut-ice-cream.jpg

ignore that mike guys name its my nome de plume lol lol lol lol

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
It's not gone. It just got moved to here...;)

That is the right thing to do.
Regardless how any of you feel about the forum they did the right thing.

I have a feeling that whoever checked his account over there noticed the spam hotlinks in some of his posts.

I ended up deleting the spam links here so when I was over there I checked and noticed the same spam links.

I don't understand why someone would do what this person did.
When you snatch someone work/words off of a site the truth is only a quick google search away.
Did they think they were going to get away with it?:facepalm:

Rob B.

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks, I could have wandered aimlessly over there looking for it, or not... I see classwife was actually nice to JL and didn't go down the VU vs. ECF rabbit hole.

That is the right thing to do.
Regardless how any of you feel about the forum they did the right thing.

I have a feeling that whoever checked his account over there noticed the spam hotlinks in some of his posts.

I ended up deleting the spam links here so when I was over there I checked and noticed the same spam links.

I don't understand why someone would do what this person did.
When you snatch someone work/words off of a site the truth is only a quick google search away.
Did they think they were going to get away with it?:facepalm:

Classwife definitely was good to Lucy and did the right thing. There are a lot of good people over there, and I still have friends there, most of them are over here too. I still have a couple of threads I am active in there, but I by far spend the majority of my time here. There are more conversations that I'm interested in, and I love the laid back atmosphere that VU has. I also like the fact that the Mods/Admin actually participate here. It's a great community, and I'm glad I finally came over. :)

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks, I could have wandered aimlessly over there looking for it, or not... I see classwife was actually nice to JL and didn't go down the VU vs. ECF rabbit hole.

Goph, I had no idea you were a vet over there. Too bad we didn’t meet there. It was good to see a VU person interacting with ECF’ers without any aggro.

And of course, Anna had to put in her $50 worth. :giggle:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Classwife definitely was good to Lucy and did the right thing. There are a lot of good people over there, and I still have friends there, most of them are over here too. I still have a couple of threads I am active in there, but I by far spend the majority of my time here. There are more conversations that I'm interested in, and I love the laid back atmosphere that VU has. I also like the fact that the Mods/Admin actually participate here. It's a great community, and I'm glad I finally came over. :)

The mods here don’t get paid, and they’re our friends. So that’s a real plus. Also like you said, it’s much more laid back.
But they do have better buttons, and I miss not having more than the like button. I wish we had those here!!

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Goph, I had no idea you were a vet over there. Too bad we didn’t meet there. It was good to see a VU person interacting with ECF’ers without any aggro.

And of course, Anna had to put in her $50 worth. :giggle:
ECF is where I started way back when. It wasn't as caustic and I made some good friends there. The only time I go over there now is to talk with some of them via PM. VU is my vape home on the interwebs. :shades:

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
or you could apply some common good sence.

an just

SPELL LIKE I DO
den nobody wanna copie YOUR work again!

now lets stop messing up this room.
cuz...I REALLY wanna understand just how you do whatcha do, is gonna come all together-
and become Vapable.

cuz this is a genious concenpt. { I think}

so
UP DATE:
please...... pretty please with FA coconut Fa carmel and TPA vannila ice ceam on top

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
or you could apply some common good sence.

an just

SPELL LIKE I DO
den nobody wanna copie YOUR work again!

Den nobuddy nos wut isa sayin'

Quick update - the Mohawk continues to kick ass and take names - been having to pinch flower buds off of it daily

The cigar strain is coming along well also, although it is further behind and thus smaller because it is younger. Also, it seems maybe getting a little too intense an amount of sun - am going to move it up to the lanai to see if cutting down on the sunshine gives it a boost. It also needs to be repotted, but food is definitely taking priority, making it hard to find time or a big enough pot for the cigar tobacco

It seems the Virginia doesn't like intense UV - it is still alive, but not exactly getting bigger. Also, it is in almost pure compost, may need to tone down the nutrients some

Wish I had more time to devote to this - didn't count on the world closing down and needing to prioritize actual food farming when this all began
At the time, was only doing spinach, tomatoes, lettuce and herbs mainly, and rehabbing neglected fruit trees - now it is balls to the wall food production and the tobacco, while still fun, is taking a back seat for sure

IMG_1426.jpeg Mohawk

IMG_1427.jpeg cigar

IMG_1432.jpeg Isn't lilikoi outlandishly beautiful?

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Den nobuddy nos wut isa sayin'

Quick update - the Mohawk continues to kick ass and take names - been having to pinch flower buds off of it daily

The cigar strain is coming along well also, although it is further behind and thus smaller because it is younger. Also, it seems maybe getting a little too intense an amount of sun - am going to move it up to the lanai to see if cutting down on the sunshine gives it a boost. It also needs to be repotted, but food is definitely taking priority, making it hard to find time or a big enough pot for the cigar tobacco

It seems the Virginia doesn't like intense UV - it is still alive, but not exactly getting bigger. Also, it is in almost pure compost, may need to tone down the nutrients some

Wish I had more time to devote to this - didn't count on the world closing down and needing to prioritize actual food farming when this all began
At the time, was only doing spinach, tomatoes, lettuce and herbs mainly, and rehabbing neglected fruit trees - now it is balls to the wall food production and the tobacco, while still fun, is taking a back seat for sure

View attachment 161647 Mohawk

View attachment 161648 cigar

View attachment 161649 Isn't lilikoi outlandishly beautiful?

Lucy, is there some cool Hawaiian slang you could use? That lillikoi plant looks like it’s from another planet. So cool looking!

:hug::hug: to you and Mr.Juicy. And to Miss Cleo and the chicks.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
In case you want some inspiration for next year, @JuicyLucy

They used to have a bunch of tobaccos.. you might have to search around on the site.. it's one of my fav seed places :)

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
In case you want some inspiration for next year, @JuicyLucy

They used to have a bunch of tobaccos.. you might have to search around on the site.. it's one of my fav seed places :)

I'll check it out for sure

And will try to give an update on the plants with pics later today - I've gotta run for now

VU Sponsors