Become a Patron!

Junky wick

Yeh.zak1

Member For 3 Years
Hey
So i bought a griffin 25 plus for a month now
Running dual coil kanthal 22 builds
I feel like my wicks get junked so freaking fast.
Its a day or a little bit more then my wick gets that black color and the flavour becomes awful or less than that when i first wicked my coils.
And sometimes i get black stains just next to the juice control holes.
Ur thoughts ?

Last edited:

Brad Mitchell

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I use to get really nasty coils in my dripper literally black after 1-2 days but I was happy with the performance and taste so I let them be until I feel it's time. Tobacco flavor with some kind of sweetener. Unless there is a health Hazzard I'd just go by taste.

bugalien

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My ADV is a vanilla custard and I get at least 2 days on an RDA without any black marks. In fact, I hardly ever get black marks. The wick gets golden to brown and the coils get black, but It doesn't start tasting bad to me. I usually just dry burn and rewick because the coils get gross looking.

My husband, however, burns stuff up so much faster with the same type of coils, wicking and juice( I do the building and wicking.). I blame it on how he is vaping it. I don't think he pulls any air through after firing and lets it stay so hot that the juice cooks on.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I use mostly tobaccos... I am happy when I get past the first day. 2 days or more calls for a party.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
If you are vaping NETs (Naturallly Extracted Tobacco) juices they are notorious coil/wick killers because of the very fine particulates that don't get filtered out..

Yeh.zak1

Member For 3 Years
I use to get really nasty coils in my dripper literally black after 1-2 days but I was happy with the performance and taste so I let them be until I feel it's time. Tobacco flavor with some kind of sweetener. Unless there is a health Hazzard I'd just go by taste.
Same here but additionaly the flavour producing quality decrease alot.

Yeh.zak1

Member For 3 Years
My ADV is a vanilla custard and I get at least 2 days on an RDA without any black marks. In fact, I hardly ever get black marks. The wick gets golden to brown and the coils get black, but It doesn't start tasting bad to me. I usually just dry burn and rewick because the coils get gross looking.

My husband, however, burns stuff up so much faster with the same type of coils, wicking and juice( I do the building and wicking.). I blame it on how he is vaping it. I don't think he pulls any air through after firing and lets it stay so hot that the juice cooks on.

Me too...i take 2~3 puffs and let it cool without pulling air

bugalien

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Me too...i take 2~3 puffs and let it cool without pulling air
I cool mine by pulling air for a bit after firing and it keeps it nice for longer. Being that I have to build and wick for the both of us, I like to have it last a little while. Rewicking isn't my favorite activity but I like vaping it. lol

VU Sponsors