Become a Patron!

Just a quick question..

vasoline_slurpee

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've been searching for a parallel mech box but I'm not trying to break the bank. So my question--Is it safe to buy a clone?
If so, can anyone point me in the right direction?

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Some clones are fairly decent...i personally would reccomend the Tugboat clone..it uses a mosfet for safety and it really does hit fairly hard...I own one and i have no complaints with it.

You will find alot of clones that arent really built that well and use very cheap low grade copper contacts and to me dont seem very safe...The tugboat is a winner all the way around.

Whiskeywarrior

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The noisy cricket V2 is good cheap and has other modes.

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
2nd the NC V2...it is only $34 at eciggity for either the 22 or 25mm version

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
2nd the NC V2...it is only $34 at eciggity for either the 22 or 25mm version
I can easily 3rd this one. I use mine Every single day. Very versatile mod.
does it only come in the form of a kit? I'd like to throw my goon on top
I'm not sure if this only comes in a kit or not, but even so, an extra rda can always come in handy. A really good mod also from what I can tell.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As far as mechs go and safety clone = authentic.
As there is only 1 safety device with any mech.. the USER brain......

Before buying any mech I suggest an upgrade to the Grey matter first.

Some designs and features are safer than others... but that varies by mod choice. And manufacturer.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As far as mechs go and safety clone = authentic.
As there is only 1 safety device with any mech.. the USER brain......

Before buying any mech I suggest an upgrade to the Grey matter first.

Some designs and features are safer than others... but that varies by mod choice. And manufacturer.

There are some that have built-in safety features, like the Geekvape Mech box mod. The battery tray is designed so that it is impossible to put the batteries in the wrong way. There are allot of great mech box mods out there.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There are some that have built-in safety features, like the Geekvape Mech box mod. The battery tray is designed so that it is impossible to put the batteries in the wrong way. There are allot of great mech box mods out there.

That is an unregulated mod... it is in NO way a MECH Mod.. except for its name....

A mechanical mod has no wiring.. there is a direct mechanical connection from battery switch to atty...

My opinion re wired mods... is same as it was day one.... if the box is going to have wires and circuits. Might as well have full regulation.. not just some of t he safety features.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That is an unregulated mod... it is in NO way a MECH Mod.. except for its name....

A mechanical mod has no wiring.. there is a direct mechanical connection from battery switch to atty...

My opinion re wired mods... is same as it was day one.... if the box is going to have wires and circuits. Might as well have full regulation.. not just some of t he safety features.

A mech has no circuit board. It can have worrying.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Yes there can be wires. Like in a plastic boxed mech... but it cant have any other circuitry and still be called mechanical. The Mech Pro a protected unregulated mod.....

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes there can be wires. Like in a plastic boxed mech... but it cant have any other circuitry and still be called mechanical. The Mech Pro a protected unregulated mod.....

Yes, has a Mosfet in it. Still a great first mod though. And it hits pretty hard too

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Actually. When the first wired mechs came out the we're big arguement whether they still qualified. .. the wired mods got grandfathered as mech once relays and other protections started getting into mods.... at the point you had to differentiate a mod with wire vs unregulated but protected....

So for me it mech. And wired.... wired mods are broken down into unregulated...unregulated protected... regulated. with some mods falling on the unnamed spaces.

BornToDie423

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

I don't think I've ever seen a plastic mechanical box... At least not with wiring. Anyway, how I view it is if you can't take the switch apart and clean it, it's not mechanical. Some people may not agree, but when I think of a mechanical box, I think of things like the Cherry Bomber, Demitri, Incubus, and Noisy Cricket. You can pull the switch apart and clean it. No wiring, pure mechanical box. The addition of wires almost guarantees the use of an electrical switch as opposed to a mechanical one, eliminating it from the mechanical box category.. Or at least in my mind. Again, that's just me. And it is fine not to agree with it. If I came off like an ass, that's not what I was going for.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't think I've ever seen a plastic mechanical box... At least not with wiring. Anyway, how I view it is if you can't take the switch apart and clean it, it's not mechanical. Some people may not agree, but when I think of a mechanical box, I think of things like the Cherry Bomber, Demitri, Incubus, and Noisy Cricket. You can pull the switch apart and clean it. No wiring, pure mechanical box. The addition of wires almost guarantees the use of an electrical switch as opposed to a mechanical one, eliminating it from the mechanical box category.. Or at least in my mind. Again, that's just me. And it is fine not to agree with it. If I came off like an ass, that's not what I was going for.
Your right there weren't any mechs with wires....

Today's revisionism of history and language just makes it hard to explain these days..

Today anything without logic based regulation is considered a mech by some...

To me a mech is a container that holds a battery and atty and allows for a fully mechanical connection between battery and atty.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've called it a mod since day one 3 years ago. But honestly, it doesn't matter what you call it. It helps us to get off of the stinkies

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

There is no wiring or chips in it so it is a Mech

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Actually. When the first wired mechs came out the we're big arguement whether they still qualified. .. the wired mods got grandfathered as mech once relays and other protections started getting into mods.... at the point you had to differentiate a mod with wire vs unregulated but protected....

So for me it mech. And wired.... wired mods are broken down into unregulated...unregulated protected... regulated. with some mods falling on the unnamed spaces.

I like your breakdown of unregulated/unregulated protected and regulated. A lot of the time I see devices and think what does that fall into? Such as the Smok22. Some people have said it is a mech, which it most certainly is not, at least not to me- it can be switched on and off, charged with a USB cable, and I'm pretty sure it puts out a fixed voltage, as I haven't noticed a drop off in performance. It also has a low battery cut off.

Is this a mod you would put into one of the unnamed spaces, or was you thinking of things slightly different to this?

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like your breakdown of unregulated/unregulated protected and regulated. A lot of the time I see devices and think what does that fall into? Such as the Smok22. Some people have said it is a mech, which it most certainly is not, at least not to me- it can be switched on and off, charged with a USB cable, and I'm pretty sure it puts out a fixed voltage, as I haven't noticed a drop off in performance. It also has a low battery cut off.

Is this a mod you would put into one of the unnamed spaces, or was you thinking of things slightly different to this?
Exactly... if the smoke is putting out a fixed voltage it is regulated to do that. We already know it has wires and at least a charging board. Is yeah it not a mech. In that description I'd call it a NON-adjustable Regulated Mod.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes, less amps, less stress on the batteries

VU Sponsors