Become a Patron!

Just bought 2 mech mods which batterys should i get?

pricelessvapor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
i just bought the phantom by wotofo and a murdered out detective rouge style clone. I have 4 brand new 18650 Samsung INR 25R but I saw online that mech mods need high amp battery's. So should I get 2 18650 LG HG2 35A????

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Many people use the 25R's in their mechs. It all depends on how low you go on resistance. Stay above .1 and the 25R's should be ok.
Of course the HG2 is only a 20 amp continuous battery just like the 25R.
For higher current ratings go to the true 30 amp HB2,4 or 6.

pricelessvapor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Ahh thank you. I'll be above .1 ohms. I really didn't want to buy more battery's lol. Awesome. Thanks again.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The 25Rs are 20A batteries which means you can use them in a mech as long as you don't build below 0.21 ohms.
What gave you the idea the HG2s are 35A? They are 20A just like the 25Rs, in fact in his latest tests mooch decided that HG2s are not as good as they used to be and lowered their rating to 18A.

There are other 25A and 30A batteries that can be used instead, it's all about what wattage you want to reach and as a result how low you should build.

pricelessvapor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I figured the HG2 would be better. Hmm what kind or brand of 18650 is 25A or 30A. I'll do some price checking. Rather be safe then sorry. lol

pricelessvapor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
One more question. This one I'm sure will make someone angry cuz I'm almost positive I can't. But can you use a smok Cloud Beast on a mech mod like the wotofo phantom or the murdered detective rouge style mech mod?

Could I use any of these other tanks I have.
Wotofo freak show v2
Ijoy combo RDTA I also have the RDA base.
Steam Crave Aromanuzer RDTA V2
Smok baby beast,Big Baby, and Cloud beast

pricelessvapor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
If not which tanks do you guys recommend. I want clouds but I really wouldn't want to drip every couple mins. I chain vape like crazy and go threw 15-30ml a day.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I figured the HG2 would be better. Hmm what kind or brand of 18650 is 25A or 30A. I'll do some price checking. Rather be safe then sorry. lol
LG HB6 are the safest batteries. they are 30amp batts and can be fired as low as .14 in single mech mods they just have a small capacity.
the sony VCT5a is 25 amps so you could go as low as .17 in a single mech mod and has about 80% more battery life then the LG HB6
those are your 2 best options. If i was you i'd build around .2 and go with the VCT5a. you'll get much better battery life

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
One more question. This one I'm sure will make someone angry cuz I'm almost positive I can't. But can you use a smok Cloud Beast on a mech mod like the wotofo phantom or the murdered detective rouge style mech mod?

Wotofo freak show v2
do they have open holes where the 519's are on the mods? ie can you see the battery top down in there or another pin? If another pin you should be good but if just a hole NO.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

Wotofo freak show v2

You can, but the premade coils for it are really low resistance and won't be safe. you can use the RBA deck and build your own but you are betetr off with an RTA at that point. the aromamizer supreme is a great RTA, as well as the boreas. If you want an RDTA style i'd get an azeroth over the combo, but the combo looks good too.

If not which tanks do you guys recommend. I want clouds but I really wouldn't want to drip every couple mins. I chain vape like crazy and go threw 15-30ml a day.

I'd personally recommend a regulated mod. your life will be much easier

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Yep I have about 8 tube mechs and NONE are hybrid style. Would not have one.
Mose people that blow themselves up with a mech are using a hybrid style with a subtank or such.
Or have torn wraps on their batteries.
i had 1 hybrid one in the past. the stingray x. I'm over mech mods though. I got rid of all mine. more trouble then they are worth

pricelessvapor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Ehhh ok. I am hoping they are easier to carry in my pocket and all. After doing all this research it's starting to scare me lol well guess I'll see how it goes when I get them. Thanks

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yep I have about 8 tube mechs and NONE are hybrid style. Would not have one.
Mose people that blow themselves up with a mech are using a hybrid style with a subtank or such.
Or have torn wraps on their batteries.

Or drying knuckles from vaping, ... *nodding*

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
there are plenty of small regulated mods that are easy to carry in your pocket (and safer too)

I agree with the sentiment offered here. Get a regulated mod to be sure you're staying safe. It is fine to be cautious using mechs, but you don't want to be terrified either. If you do more research and hang out with some using mechs consistently you might find yourself gradually coming into using them.

Not everyone can, will, desires using a mech and that's 120% fine. :) No one has to use peanut butter if they don't want, erm mechs, sorry. That's the whole point to vaping. Find what you like and what works for you, guess what? That's what's right for you, enjoy. :) Simple rule though, don't go creating holy wars to convert everyone to doing it your way. They're enjoying what's right for themselves, the same as well, you're enjoying what's right for you. :)

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I agree with the sentiment offered here. Get a regulated mod to be sure you're staying safe. It is fine to be cautious using mechs, but you don't want to be terrified either. If you do more research and hang out with some using mechs consistently you might find yourself gradually coming into using them.

Not everyone can, will, desires using a mech and that's 120% fine. :) No one has to use peanut butter if they don't want, erm mechs, sorry. That's the whole point to vaping. Find what you like and what works for you, guess what? That's what's right for you, enjoy. :) Simple rule though, don't go creating holy wars to convert everyone to doing it your way. They're enjoying what's right for themselves, the same as well, you're enjoying what's right for you. :)
I agree but if OP is already scared and I've used them for years and accidental fires happen. I've always built super safe so never had a battery vent but I have had it get stuck on or a magnet slip or a spring wear out. Tubes are the least safe of everything not great for starting out. If u are already an advanced user and know what u are doing that's cool go for it

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors