Become a Patron!

Just bought a Smok Alien Kit, have a few questions about it

So my Smok Alien Kit + Baby Beast is on the way to replace my old iStick 30W + Aspire K3 and I have a few questions...

1. I ordered two packs of the X4 Quad Coils to go with the tank. I got these because they had the lowest wattage rating of the three available, and I wanted to conserve juice a little. Has anyone on here tried these? How good is the flavour? I don't care about cloud chasing, I just want good flavour and a satisfying vape.

2. I currently vape 18mg nicotine at 12W. I have heard I should lower the nic level if I'm vaping sub-ohm. What's a good nic level if I am used to 18mg? Will 12 still be too much? Will 6 be enough? I don't want to waste money on juice I don't like. Will 6mg at 45W+ satisfy me as much as 18mg did at lower wattages?

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
When jumping into sub ohm vaping, you really want to use 6mg or less Nicotine. Yes, 6 mg juice will be a lot of NIC with the vapor output of that tank.

You will love the kit you purchased for flavor and vapor output. However, it will be higher wattage with those coils then what your used to.

BTW, welcome to VU! Sorry for the short response, not at my computer. I can go into more detail when at my PC.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
So my Smok Alien Kit + Baby Beast is on the way to replace my old iStick 30W + Aspire K3 and I have a few questions...

1. I ordered two packs of the X4 Quad Coils to go with the tank. I got these because they had the lowest wattage rating of the three available, and I wanted to conserve juice a little. Has anyone on here tried these? How good is the flavour? I don't care about cloud chasing, I just want good flavour and a satisfying vape.

2. I currently vape 18mg nicotine at 12W. I have heard I should lower the nic level if I'm vaping sub-ohm. What's a good nic level if I am used to 18mg? Will 12 still be too much? Will 6 be enough? I don't want to waste money on juice I don't like. Will 6mg at 45W+ satisfy me as much as 18mg did at lower wattages?
welcome aboard!
it's a great kit for sure. and it'll be an upgrade to you. all the baby beast coils give good flavor. you should have no problem enjoying the X4 coils. use the low end of the recommened wattage though and then increase if you want a little more. I think their high end recommendations are too high and just burn out coils faster personally

for Nicotine i'd step it down. 6 should be good. if you feel it isn't enough you can try 9. 12 seems to high for a sub ohm tank like the baby beast.

as far as juice, look for sites here on the forums. sometimes budget juices can taste like crap and you don't want that.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Will 6 be enough? I don't want to waste money on juice I don't like. Will 6mg at 45W+ satisfy me as much as 18mg did at lower wattages?
So a little more explanation ---
When sub-ohm vaping, the juice consumption will be twice as much, if not more then what you are used to when running a 1.8ohm or 1.2ohm coil at 12 watts. I know that on my Baby Beast tank, I can go outside to vape about three to four times before I have to fill up again.

Comparison:
Wife has a 1.2ohm coil in her Wotofo serpent tank which holds just at 4ml of juice.
I'm running .2ohm coils in the SMOK Baby Beast tank, which holds just at 3ml of juice.
We both go out to vape at the same time, same duration of time (we both work together).
I've filled up my tank 4 times to her 1 time fill-up. I am consuming way more mg/ml of NIC than she is.

Absolutely! Hit up our coupons and deals section. Cheap juice is not always the best. I've purchased some really cheap crap before I became a VU member. Wow did I regret it.
Unfortunately I can't. I am Canadian, and your websites are (I'm assuming) all American. Canada customs apparently seizes juice at the border, so I'm limited to ordering from within Canada.

I ordered from bargainejuice.ca. They had a few decent reviews on Reddit, so hopefully they are OK. 480mL for $100 is such a good deal I couldn't pass it up...

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have just the smok alien mod but, you can kiss juice consumption out the window and especially with 4 coils on that tank..As power and the number of coils go up then so does juice consumption...6mg will be ok if you aren't using a whole bunch of power....If you do youll find 6mg a bit harsh...I would suggest a good single coil set up to keep juice consumption down and make the 6mg work better for you.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Agreed on lowering nic. When I started vaping I was doing mtl on 2.2ohm single coils and 18mg nic. Once moving to single coils at .5 to .75 ohm with a regulated mod at around 30-35w I dropped nic to around 3-6mg. Sometimes 9 is ok but 12-18mg gets rough on the throat after awhile. Due to the difference in volume of vapor. Think of it as sipping whiskey vs chugging beer, you go chugging hard liquor and it might not be too pleasant.

PhantomOp makes a good point. I'm pretty much a tightwad and hate to overspend but I've vaped some cheap juices that sucked. You end up with a cheap bottle of yuck. Not all expensive juices are wonderful either though. If you're unsure, better to order smaller tester size bottles rather than go whole hog and find out you've got 100ml of nasty, that's not saving any money. Wish I could help with suggestions but taste is subjective (what I like you may not) and no idea about Canadian sources. I know they tend to stop vape stuff at the border so you're probably best off with something in country.

BreSha6869

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unfortunately I can't. I am Canadian, and your websites are (I'm assuming) all American. Canada customs apparently seizes juice at the border, so I'm limited to ordering from within Canada.

I ordered from bargainejuice.ca. They had a few decent reviews on Reddit, so hopefully they are OK. 480mL for $100 is such a good deal I couldn't pass it up...
Check out V-Juice. Pretty good Canadian juice for a great price.

Check out V-Juice. Pretty good Canadian juice for a great price.
Thank you!

I just cancelled my order with Bargain Ejuice and am going to order from V-juice. They seem to get somewhat better reviews from what I can find. Extremely limited menu, but I guess beggars can't be choosers.

VU Sponsors