Just got a ZERO SX 300 50W Mod from Focal E-cig

EWS111

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm happy! This mod looks great and vapes/operates great! I have several Seven-30's from P4U with authentic Yihi SX300 chips. If this chip isn't authentic Yihi, it's a damn good clone cause it is identical in operation! Haven't run it through complete tests but it seems to read resistance and resultant output voltage very well!

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I'm happy! This mod looks great and vapes/operates great! I have several Seven-30's from P4U with authentic Yihi SX300 chips. If this chip isn't authentic Yihi, it's a damn good clone cause it is identical in operation! Haven't run it through complete tests but it seems to read resistance and resultant output voltage very well!

Good for you! You are the second person who posted today that they got a SX Zero clone and are happy with it .. finally nice to hear good reports about a Zero clone. Merry Christmas to ya and I hope it continues to perform well. :)

Dr3d

Yes. What was the question?
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for this good report. Mine should deliver friday friday friday. And, well ... I'm hoping for a good one.

Word is the chip is authentic Yihi but supplied through some deal that prohibits actually identifying it as Yihi Authentic.

Johnny Hotsauce

Member For 4 Years
Mine just arrived today from FC and love this thing so far. Very solid feeling build quality and perfect size, I may have to get another one of these.

After unboxing, I found a nice little surprise under the battery sleeve... A purple efest 35A 18650 still installed in the mod :D I know this wasn't supposed to have a battery included so I'm guessing they were QC testing the mod before shipping and they forgot to pull the battery OR I got someone's used mod, LOL! If it is a used mod, it's in perfect shape :)

Bought this mod to pair with my new Subtank but I'm already ticked at the Subtank... Freaking awesome tank and hits hard as hell however my Subtank arrived yesterday so I threw on the 22mm reducer to use on my CHanna box since it wouldn't sit flush due to the well and the damn reducer fused itself to the base of the Subtank and is now permanently attached. Tried WD-40 and no love from that either. I really don't want to keep this reducer on forever since it adds more height to the tank so I'll see if MFS can RMA the base and worst case I'll just wait until Kanger starts to sell replacement AFC bases and pick one up down the road. Other than that snafu, awesome tank!

ok, but battery voltage showed on screen its still 0.1~0.2 higher than real v? also anyone see any test about real V output? even with inline volt meter

sohkis

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
looks like the focal usa warehouse now has gold, silver, grey, & black cases in stock too - http://focalecig.com/category/USA-Warehouse-576

really like the styling of the zero, but i would want one w/the buttons for adjusting wattage/etc.. too bad the ones from FT seem to be more miss than hit..

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
looks like the focal usa warehouse now has gold, silver, grey, & black cases in stock too - http://focalecig.com/category/USA-Warehouse-576

really like the styling of the zero, but i would want one w/the buttons for adjusting wattage/etc.. too bad the ones from FT seem to be more miss than hit..

oh weird, i thought the zero clone did have buttons? or is that a different version? thats a no go for me without the buttons..

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I like the look of the FC 50 watt single button Zero. Works flawlessly.

sohkis

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Mine just arrived today from FC and love this thing so far. Very solid feeling build quality and perfect size, I may have to get another one of these.

After unboxing, I found a nice little surprise under the battery sleeve... A purple efest 35A 18650 still installed in the mod :D I know this wasn't supposed to have a battery included so I'm guessing they were QC testing the mod before shipping and they forgot to pull the battery OR I got someone's used mod, LOL! If it is a used mod, it's in perfect shape :)

Bought this mod to pair with my new Subtank but I'm already ticked at the Subtank... Freaking awesome tank and hits hard as hell however my Subtank arrived yesterday so I threw on the 22mm reducer to use on my CHanna box since it wouldn't sit flush due to the well and the damn reducer fused itself to the base of the Subtank and is now permanently attached. Tried WD-40 and no love from that either. I really don't want to keep this reducer on forever since it adds more height to the tank so I'll see if MFS can RMA the base and worst case I'll just wait until Kanger starts to sell replacement AFC bases and pick one up down the road. Other than that snafu, awesome tank!
Its not fused man I have had the subtank do it several times its stainess grab two pliers and take it off simple it did it to me last night

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
oh weird, i thought the zero clone did have buttons? or is that a different version? thats a no go for me without the buttons..

This is a different version and different manufacturer .. its the SX Zero 50W with G Sensor and a one button menu navigation system.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years

They have had those sleeves since the DNA Zero first came out, and they only fit the DNA Zero. :)

Dr3d

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Well I started following the DNA Zero when info on the clone started filtering out. While I debated, the DNA model demonstrated some pretty concerning growing pains. In the mean time, the SX Zero hit the streets. Said to myself: "Self: no buttons, not for me." I'm very happy good reports on the SX Zero wore me down as reports on the DNA Zero were not improving. The interface is plenty easy to navigate and I've enjoyed my SX Zero (from Focal) since it landed in my mailbox.

They have had those sleeves since the DNA Zero first came out, and they only fit the DNA Zero. :)
Well, ouch! But, thanks for saving me from grabbing the gold one (that I had hoped was brass early on). Looks like I'll be sourcing sheet brass to patina some day.

But @Nikkita6, I know you have one functional DNA plus the SX. Do you have a performance favorite? I'm hoping I don't need to kick myself later for asking.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
the damn reducer fused itself to the base of the Subtank and is now permanently attached. Tried WD-40 and no love from that either. I really don't want to keep this reducer on forever since it adds more height to the tank
I keep a couple pair of pliers with rubber tubing stretched over the jaws on hand for stuck things I don't want to chew up. Sometimes it's not how much pressure is applied but where. Often when things are stuck just rotating it while changing where you are grabbing it helps to find the magic pressure point. If that fails I break out the pliers.

Last edited:

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Well I started following the DNA Zero when info on the clone started filtering out. While I debated, the DNA model demonstrated some pretty concerning growing pains. In the mean time, the SX Zero hit the streets. Said to myself: "Self: no buttons, not for me." I'm very happy good reports on the SX Zero wore me down as reports on the DNA Zero were not improving. The interface is plenty easy to navigate and I've enjoyed my SX Zero (from Focal) since it landed in my mailbox.

Well, ouch! But, thanks for saving me from grabbing the gold one (that I had hoped was brass early on). Looks like I'll be sourcing sheet brass to patina some day.

But @Nikkita6, I know you have one functional DNA plus the SX. Do you have a performance favorite? I'm hoping I don't need to kick myself later for asking.

I actually have three functional DNA Zero clones, 2 V1's and 1 V2 (there is no such thing as a V3 DNA Zero clone as much I as I see it referenced on the forums) , and one SX Zero 50W .. and If I had to do it all over again the SX Zero would be the only one that I would choose. Everything about it is better than all of SXK/yosen/Infinite offerings IMO .. from the fit and finish, but most especially the chip.

The chip is not perfect, but it simply performs a lot better than the relatively crappy chip in the SXK made Zero clones. I actually like my V1 Zero's way more than the V2 which has a very flat vape and is hardly ever used.

whitewidow

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Got mine in today...

8eaf16e5730a2b55d4414d0761677519.jpg

ea2f11749f742376a95986c7c4b54505.jpg

It preforms wonderfully but I have a few scratches and dings on the fire button. I'm kinda on the fence about what to do but I sent email over to FC see what they say...

5e9acf650db5443757d8739205a40f4d.jpg

f3a967e4074a4f09020e48136209ed2d.jpg

cec232915313a17ef321d62518a8324e.jpg

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Got mine in today...

It preforms wonderfully but I have a few scratches and dings on the fire button. I'm kinda on the fence about what to do but I sent email over to FC see what they say...

yea that would drive me nuts lol.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Got mine in today...

Maybe FC will give you a few dollars back because those dings are rather deep .. if they were more superficial they wouldn't bother me too, but those are very noticeable in your pics. Too bad because it otherwise looks really good.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Maybe FC will give you a few dollars back because those dings are rather deep .. if they were more superficial they wouldn't bother me too, but those are very noticeable in your pics. Too bad because it otherwise looks really good.

Wha?!?!

I'd be pissed, no, LIVID, if I received a hunk of crap like that. It looks either used, or like it was THROWN down the production floor. Unless I got a big discount off the bat and knew ahead what I was getting, I'd ream someone's ass over this.

whitewidow

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Wha?!?!

I'd be pissed, no, LIVID, if I received a hunk of crap like that. It looks either used, or like it was THROWN down the production floor. Unless I got a big discount off the bat and knew ahead what I was getting, I'd ream someone's ass over this.
I agree I'm not very happy, but they are off for the Chinese new year so I haven't got a reply yet. I'm going to ask for a replacement for sure and they cover shipping each way.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Wha?!?!

"Livid" and "reaming someone's ass" over dings and scratches on your fire button is behavior which is way way over the top. Since when is a scratched, or flawed INANIMATE object license to go off? o_O

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I agree I'm not very happy, but they are off for the Chinese new year so I haven't got a reply yet. I'm going to ask for a replacement for sure and they cover shipping each way.

Yes, not happy or satisfied is normal. And contacting them to ask for a replacement is the reasonable thing to do.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
"Livid" and "reaming someone's ass" over dings and scratches on your fire button is behavior which is way way over the top. Since when is a scratched, or flawed INANIMATE object license to go off? o_O

Since when is my paying the same price for a piece of equipment than has been tossed about carelessly, and looks like scrap metal, acceptable since I paid the same money as one that looks as pictured?

Would you be happy if you bought a BRAND NEW car, and it shows up (after ordering it) looking like that? Bull. You would be PISSED off.

I don't care WHO the vendor is. That reflects DIRECTLY on them. They deserve a little ass chewing if they are sending shit like that out their doors. That's just stupid.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
P.S. Please look at the scratch running down the side cover. It's not just the fire button. Looks like the face metal the button is mounted to, is dinged as well.

whitewidow

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
P.S. Please look at the scratch running down the side cover. It's not just the fire button. Looks like the face metal the button is mounted to, is dinged as well.
Their is a ding on the outside ring of the button that's very deep. This was dropped or used and I agree that if this isn't resolved the way I ask I will be come livid lol.

I requested a new device and express shipping both ways to be coved by them. Preferably some kind of cross shipping so my down time is minimal. We shall see.

Performance wise the device is great. I love it except when I look at it

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice Mod. My thinking is be nice and you have a lot better chance of help. The Mod works, ask them to send you the wrap of your choice. Show them pictures.

whitewidow

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Just to update FC did right and is covering all shipping and expedited proceeding once a tracking number is provided.
Thats the benefit of having it shipped from a US warehouse. I wouldn't want to scare anyone away because of that. It was a QC slip. Customer service there is prompt and good.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Good to hear.

I hope they pay closer attention in the future.

rdsok

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good to hear.

I hope they pay closer attention in the future.

You do seem ignorant of how reselling products work... The reseller may check a few items that they receive in but it is ridiculous to think they can check each and every one of them. That is the job the manufacturer is suppose to be doing... not the reseller. Thinking anything else is simply selfish and ignorant.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Since when is my paying the same price for a piece of equipment than has been tossed about carelessly, and looks like scrap metal, acceptable since I paid the same money as one that looks as pictured?

Would you be happy if you bought a BRAND NEW car, and it shows up (after ordering it) looking like that? Bull. You would be PISSED off.

I don't care WHO the vendor is. That reflects DIRECTLY on them. They deserve a little ass chewing if they are sending shit like that out their doors. That's just stupid.

No I wouldn't be happy .. and I would simply contact the vendor and SPEAK to them like a reasonable ADULT to get the matter resolved, as I have done whenever I have received something that I felt was not up to snuff. I would not embarrass myself by acting like a LUNATIC ... over a mod.

If this is really how you conduct yourself when something does not go the way you expected, most especially with regards to the purchase of a material good ... you don't need new vape gear, you need JESUS because it sounds like you exist in a unhealthy and tormented psychological space. :confused:

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Don't mind me, just showing off my sx zero which just wrapped :)

VWFddXu.jpg

Nice Nailzy ... I assumed that you would go for something black when you finally wrapped yours .. guess your not getting the new SX Wood Zero. :p

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
No I wouldn't be happy .. and I would simply contact the vendor and SPEAK to them like a reasonable ADULT to get the matter resolved, as I have done whenever I have received something that I felt was not up to snuff. I would not embarrass myself by acting like a LUNATIC ... over a mod.

If this is really how you conduct yourself when something does not go the way you expected, most especially with regards to the purchase of a material good ... you don't need new vape gear, you need JESUS because it sounds like you exist in a unhealthy and tormented psychological space. :confused:

As a reasonable person, I think this is NOT a minor issue.

Look, people are spending their HARD EARNED money on this junk. Every box that leaves China, has a Q.C. tag in it. It's nothing but a LIE. People are being scammed and taken.

How about we look at the issues that lay at the heart of this.
1 Buyers are being used as beta testers, while being sold something under the assumption it's a good product.
2 Q.C. is absolutely horrible over there. You think I'm a stranger to the Q.C. issues? Honey, I have spend a decade fabricating. And some of that time, was working with more JUNK coming from China.
3 We are being told LOTS of mis-information when this junk hits the market. We are being OPENLY scammed. Prime example, there exists a thread here abouts, with the new SMY box. It sure LOOKS like an totally unregulated box mod to me, with a stupid pic of Brue Lee on it. But we got a SMY person, talking about ALL these built in niceities, that don't exist according to the pictures of the product.
4 These products are being created by other vapers? I highly doubt MOST of these factories and developers are vapers too. Some are, but I doubt MOST are. So maybe we should have the counter guy at McDonalds, make harnesses for skydivers too. I'm sure that will work out too. :rolleyes:

We are spending our hard earned money. We aren't gifted these. I learned at a young age, the value of a dollar, and the importance of spending wisely. Truth in advertising goes a LONG WAY to making an informed decision. Truth in advertising that the Chinese manufactures seem to be totally lost on.

To some, this is chump change. To others, they saved a long time to be able to have something like this. There is no excuse to scam people. It's plain theft when you don't deliver what you promised.

rdsok

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
freemind...

We didn't say this issue mentioned was a minor one.... we agree that is needs resolved.

What we did say was that your attitude you are taking is overly extreme and selfish to the point of lunacy. Most adults do not act that way when a problem arises, they address problems with much more maturity and don't get out of shape about a problem unless it isn't being resolved.... FC is going to take care of it as was mentioned...

Dr3d

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@freemind ... really?

RE: "Truth in advertising" ... I missed the advert stating the mods had never been drop kicked by an underpaid worker and packed into a shipment while the boss wasn't looking. I also missed any claim by the reseller (the one that is making good on the buyer's concerns) that they inspect every item they resell at rock bottom margins. I do recall that this particular reseller quickly yanked the earlier version of this mod (by a different clone manufacturer) which was/is plagued by QC issues.

RE: "QC tags" ... As the owner of a reasonable supply of China sourced steals, I can tell you with extreme confidence that exactly none, zero, zilch have been packed with a QC tag.

RE: Country of Origin ... I'm compelled to point out that this particular mod was sourced from a US operation in North Carolina.

Brother Vaper Freemind ... I love the outlook I associate with the moniker "Freemind." But my expectation of a free mind is that this mind is unburdened by myopicisms. I understand that you've experienced frustrations which you have attributed to a specific Country of Origin. But, I challenge you to review the sum of your experiences with this Country of Origin and fairly consider the generalizations which are choking the freedom from your mind. I submit that the alternative solutions provided by the Chinese can sometimes be appreciated - for example, I think chopsticks are a wonderful solution to the food safety concern of cross contamination when dining in a communal setting.

Relax bro - they were scratches and dents and the reseller is making good per the buyers report. Amazingly the buyer has not reported that a "fit" was required.

As a reasonable person, I think this is NOT a minor issue.

Look, people are spending their HARD EARNED money on this junk. Every box that leaves China, has a Q.C. tag in it. It's nothing but a LIE. People are being scammed and taken.

How about we look at the issues that lay at the heart of this.
1 Buyers are being used as beta testers, while being sold something under the assumption it's a good product.
2 Q.C. is absolutely horrible over there. You think I'm a stranger to the Q.C. issues? Honey, I have spend a decade fabricating. And some of that time, was working with more JUNK coming from China.
3 We are being told LOTS of mis-information when this junk hits the market. We are being OPENLY scammed. Prime example, there exists a thread here abouts, with the new SMY box. It sure LOOKS like an totally unregulated box mod to me, with a stupid pic of Brue Lee on it. But we got a SMY person, talking about ALL these built in niceities, that don't exist according to the pictures of the product.
4 These products are being created by other vapers? I highly doubt MOST of these factories and developers are vapers too. Some are, but I doubt MOST are. So maybe we should have the counter guy at McDonalds, make harnesses for skydivers too. I'm sure that will work out too. :rolleyes:

We are spending our hard earned money. We aren't gifted these. I learned at a young age, the value of a dollar, and the importance of spending wisely. Truth in advertising goes a LONG WAY to making an informed decision. Truth in advertising that the Chinese manufactures seem to be totally lost on.

To some, this is chump change. To others, they saved a long time to be able to have something like this. There is no excuse to scam people. It's plain theft when you don't deliver what you promised.

whitewidow

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@freemind relax man I'm happy with how their customer support handled it. The turnaround time will be minimal as they are in North Carolina. I sent it out this morning, gave them the tracking number and they replied they are going to process it asap.

To me I'm still happy with the overall experience. Shit happens. They come from China and we all know the risk of buying mass produced clones. It is by far a piece of junk. I like the mod a lot. It has a good build. So my post is more of how you can expect FCs customer service to handle a defect and they got an A+ from me.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
freemind...

We didn't say this issue mentioned was a minor one.... we agree that is needs resolved.

What we did say was that your attitude you are taking is overly extreme and selfish to the point of lunacy. Most adults do not act that way when a problem arises, they address problems with much more maturity and don't get out of shape about a problem unless it isn't being resolved.... FC is going to take care of it as was mentioned...
My new $1600.00 engine on my bike quit today. The shop is going to fix it. I got a cab home & got over it. Shit happens. Fix it for me is a lot better than Bitchin' about it. Now I ride the city bus for a week. Shit happens.;)

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm sure if I had that attitude, that money, my time and aggravation had no value, I'd be happy too.

But, I value my time and my money. I don't accept other people half assing things, because I do not accept half assing the things I do either.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In theory there is no question that can be asked that someone here can't answer. That's just awesome! :cool:

VU Sponsors