Become a Patron!

Just got my first RDA

ColdDayInHell

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had my Kylin RTA (2 of them ) for a few months and love it. I shouldn't have gotten a spare Kylin, I just wanted something I knew how to wick perfectly.

The Kylin Mini I have got put away, I couldn't stand wicking it.

So I have been using my first Kylin everyday and it's a flavor monster.

My local shop friend asked me why I didn't just get an RDA to compliment the RTA. I had no answer so I just started researching.

I messaged him last night to see what he had. "I have 1 Stainless DROP RDA in stock for $35, come by tomorrow."

Naturally, I looked it up, and saw the reviews across the board were near 5 stars.

I bought it today, built a dual coil setup using AVS Triple Core Fused Claptons, .21ohm dual.

Where have you been all my life, RDA?

I wanted a spare vape just to have at home, I figured dripping would be easier just sitting around, lampin'

I guess I could take it out, drive with it, but it just seems like a pain to do it at red lights or whatever you guys do.

tl;dr RTAs and RDAs both have their place. I see pros and cons to both and I love both.

I have no experience with RDAs and I built and wicked it perfectly the first time. I think the stars must have aligned.

e1010fcf7b2d4560780e2d326b04fe5e.jpg

c9f3d7846ab88ab20cd456e2f515a014.jpg

cfa4b6bbeec8d88acc13ec774135cee6.jpg

It looks better in person. rofl

She’s a thirsty bitch though. Or I’m not dripping enough each time. It’s another learning curve for me.

Last edited:

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've had my Kylin RTA (2 of them ) for a few months and love it. I shouldn't have gotten a spare Kylin, I just wanted something I knew how to wick perfectly.

So I have been using my first Kylin everyday and it's a flavor monster.

My local shop friend asked me why I didn't just get an RDA to compliment the RTA. I had no answer so I just started researching.

I messaged him last night to see what he had. "I have 1 Stainless DROP RDA in stock for $35, come by tomorrow."

Naturally, I looked it up, and saw the reviews across the board were near 5 stars.

I bought it today, built a dual coil setup using AVS Triple Core Fused Claptons, .21ohm dual.

Where have you been all my life, RDA?

I wanted a spare vape just to have at home, I figured dripping would be easier just sitting around, lampin'

I guess I could take it out, drive with it, but it just seems like a pain to do it at red lights or whatever you guys do.

tl;dr RTAs and RDAs both have their place. I see pros and cons to both and I love both.

I have no experience with RDAs and I built and wicked it perfectly the first time. I think the stars must have aligned.

e1010fcf7b2d4560780e2d326b04fe5e.jpg

c9f3d7846ab88ab20cd456e2f515a014.jpg

It looks better in person. rofl

She’s a thirsty bitch though. Or I’m not dripping enough each time. It’s another learning curve for me.
Congratulations!

Redbullque

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ive got a couple of squonks..gbox and hcigar ...they dont get much use because my hexohms coupled with either my goons or loop rda are just bang on for clouds and flavor. if you look at taking your rda get a squeezable bottle with a screw close cap ....just makes dripping so much easier

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years

Looks like a lot of wick in the well? Maybe less will hold more juice?
Mike cuts it to where it seemingly doesn't fold onto the deck. And there's some bare middle of the deck showing.
Many Drop users here too that might chime in.
@9:30

Last edited:

ColdDayInHell

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks like a lot of wick in the well? Maybe less will hold more juice?
Mike cuts it to where it seemingly doesn't fold onto the deck. And there's some bare middle of the deck showing.
Many Drop users here too that might chime in.
@9:30

Yep I trimmed it this morning after reading a Reddit thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I have a 48650. It powers my M134 and some mods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But you are not living until you have 4 of these in para/series.
s-550.jpg

12 volts @ 856 ah. It will blow your mind.

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
How are these?

Kanger Dripbox 160 Starter Kit
Garbage. They work ok in power mode but forget about tc. The latch on the battery door is plastic and breaks real easy. I got one for me and one for my son and both of those the latches broke. The RDA in the Dripbox kit is absolutely worthless. If you don't mind the shape of that mod A Geekvape Gbox kit is much better.

ColdDayInHell

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Garbage. They work ok in power mode but forget about tc. The latch on the battery door is plastic and breaks real easy. I got one for me and one for my son and both of those the latches broke. The RDA in the Dripbox kit is absolutely worthless. If you don't mind the shape of that mod A Geekvape Gbox kit is much better.
Thanks, I just started researching these, my head hurts already. That gets good reviews.

njWtAqA.gif

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How are these?

Kanger Dripbox 160 Starter Kit
I have 3 work fine, well work ok.
Sturdy and dependable.
Bottle is somewhat hard but works fine.
510 is fixed and a few attys will not make contact and a few will stick up some. Only one I have that will not make contact is the Nuppin.
And many sit flush and work fine.
TC is Medium.
Battery door is good.

the Atty is crap as are most kit included squonk attys.
Can be built to vape ok but not great.

Last edited:

Nameste

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Really? I have found it extremely easy to wick. I have been using rda/RDTA for long time and I wanted something different I purchased Pharaoh Mini and Kylin Mini they both have fantastic flavor but I found kylin mini alot easier. And not a single drop of leaking neither one

ColdDayInHell

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Really? I have found it extremely easy to wick. I have been using rda/RDTA for long time and I wanted something different I purchased Pharaoh Mini and Kylin Mini they both have fantastic flavor but I found kylin mini alot easier. And not a single drop of leaking neither one
Not easy at all, even with VapeFan's help.

I got it to work, but still didn't like it. Maybe single coil builds aren't for me, I don't know.

Making the wick dam in the channel, all that shit....

giphy.gif

Speaking of the Kylin and Rta’s I love the Kensei think it’s a step up in every way to the Kylin and zero leaking. Currently running dual claptons 26g ss316l core wrapped in 36g SS with a blueberry custard that tastes phenomenal. Kensei flavor is always top notch. On the RDA note I want to pick one up, currently have the pyro RDTA and running dual fused Clapton’s 2*26g kanthal wrapped in 32g that I then flattened with a jewelers hammer. Taste is fantastic. Here is the set up

Attachments

• 07FAB8B1-8DD8-44BB-9B3A-0093684A6AEC.jpeg
    07FAB8B1-8DD8-44BB-9B3A-0093684A6AEC.jpeg
    994.1 KB · Views: 10

VU Sponsors