Become a Patron!

Just ordered my first batch of DIY stuff...

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
...from Vape Wild, just to try my hand at it and see if I can make anything that's vapable.

I like 50/50, 12 mg juice for mtl, and 65/35 6 mg juice for dtl. The 50/50 is getting harder to find, and my Chinese vendor from whom I have been buying very inexpensive Hangsen cinnamon 70/30 pg/vg is now for the second time taking my money and I'm getting no juice. That ain't happenin any more.

But anyway, prices at Vape Wild seem extremely good, but I thought I'd throw this out to VU and see what comments I get.

240 ml pg and 240 ml vg for $3.99 each
30 ml of 100 mg nic for $5.49
10 ml of sweetener for $1.49
A trial pack of six flavors of concentrate, 10 ml each, for $10.75 (I got cinnamon, French Vanilla, white chocolate, grape candy, graham cracker, and lemonade)
1 ml, 5 ml, and 10 ml syringes for 50 and 75 cents each

Shipping over $30 is free, so I added a couple small bottles of juices I've tried before and really liked, so order came to about $38 altogether. I have been saving bottles lately, so don't need to buy bottles to mix into.

I also have two 50 ml bottles of Hangsen menthol that's 70/30 pg/vg 24 mg nic that I ordered by mistake, so I'm thinking I can use it up by mixing up some 3 or 6 mg grape at 40/60 pg/vg (maybe?) and adding that menthol to it. I just love grape and menthol together. (Haven't quite figured this out yet, because I wouldn't want half menthol and half grape - more like 1/3 menthol (or less) and 2/3 grape (or more). Have to sit down and figure it out on paper. A touch of that menthol goes a long way.)

Anyway, how did I do on these prices? Just for enough stuff to give this a try?

Thanks,

Jane

Last edited:

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Wild is a good reputable vendor so you made a good call there.
Nice flavors too. I think the vanilla and white chocolate would be really nice.
I agree too that grape an menthol together are really good. I started doing grape menthol DIY juices after I tried nasty juice ASAP grape. It's a grape flavour with mild mint/menthol

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Thanks SV. Your comments are encouraging. I appreciate that.

My foray into grape-menthol wasn't nearly as intentional. Going all the way back to cartomizer days, and my nose not working too well, I dripped grape into a cart that had had Madvapes Ultamint in it before. (It was alright though, because Ultamint by itself will wake yo' ass right up.) LOL Anyway, I vaped that and said, hmmm....hmmm....yummmm. Ever since, I've been a big fan, but the initial discovery was a complete accident.

Oasis Vape has a flavor called Hermes, which if you like 70/30 or 80/20 vg, is a super good light and creamy grape-menthol. I just can't take that much vg, and the last bottle of it that I ordered, I ended up giving away because it made me cough. Oasis used to do a lot more ratios, but they've recently changed to just 70/30 and 80/20, so I guess my days of ordering from them are over unless I use their juices as mixers, or strictly for DTL.

But hey, I forgot! I'll be mixing my own! :D

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks SV. Your comments are encouraging. I appreciate that.

My foray into grape-menthol wasn't nearly as intentional. Going all the way back to cartomizer days, and my nose not working too well, I dripped grape into a cart that had had Madvapes Ultamint in it before. (It was alright though, because Ultamint by itself will wake yo' ass right up.) LOL Anyway, I vaped that and said, hmmm....hmmm....yummmm. Ever since, I've been a big fan, but the initial discovery was a complete accident.

Oasis Vape has a flavor called Hermes, which if you like 70/30 or 80/20 vg, is a super good light and creamy grape-menthol. I just can't take that much vg, and the last bottle of it that I ordered, I ended up giving away because it made me cough. Oasis used to do a lot more ratios, but they've recently changed to just 70/30 and 80/20, so I guess my days of ordering from them are over unless I use their juices as mixers, or strictly for DTL.
I'm opposite. Higher PG is harsh to me

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I'm opposite. Higher PG is harsh to me

I think more people would agree with you. I'm sure that's why a lot of places that mix juice are going to higher vg. We MTL vapers are in the minority. My sub tank is an occasional indulgence, but the ones I carry around all day are all MTL. I do have another sub tank on the way from FT, and I do really like the one I have, but just am not ready to make an all-day switch. They go through juice and batteries too quickly, and I'm a cheapskate! :eek:

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think more people would agree with you. I'm sure that's why a lot of places that mix juice are going to higher vg. We MTL vapers are in the minority. My sub tank is an occasional indulgence, but the ones I carry around all day are all MTL. I do have another sub tank on the way from FT, and I do really like the one I have, but just am not ready to make an all-day switch. They go through juice and batteries too quickly, and I'm a cheapskate! :eek:
Nothing wrong with MTL. I have a Berserker, Siren 2, Kayfun mini V3 that are RTA'S and I still use my Nautilus Mini.
I do like sub ohm but MTL is great for keeping off ciggies

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
I've never used any of the Vapewild DIY stuff, but it should be fine as long as the nic isn't peppery and harsh. Be sure to test your bases before using flavors on them, no sense in wasting flavors on a bad batch.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Nothing wrong with MTL. I have a Berserker, Siren 2, Kayfun mini V3 that are RTA'S and I still use my Nautilus Mini.
I do like sub ohm but MTL is great for keeping off ciggies

Oh, sorry, I meant I have another sub-ohm tank on the way. I ordered a Sigelei X Tank from FT. I chose that because it uses Atlantis coils, which I figure I'll be able to get for years to come (unless the FDA pisses us all off really, really bad).

I have a Nautilus Mini which I love and a Triton Mini which I hated until folks here at VU helped me with it last week. I put a Naut coil in it (instead of the Triton Mini coil) and replaced the juice with lower vg, and now it's just remarkable. Vapes like a champ, smooth, and lots of vapor for MTL.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh, sorry, I meant I have another sub-ohm tank on the way. I ordered a Sigelei X Tank from FT. I chose that because it uses Atlantis coils, which I figure I'll be able to get for years to come (unless the FDA pisses us all off really, really bad).

I have a Nautilus Mini which I love and a Triton Mini which I hated until folks here at VU helped me with it last week. I put a Naut coil in it (instead of the Triton Mini coil) and replaced the juice with lower vg, and now it's just remarkable. Vapes like a champ, smooth, and lots of vapor for MTL.
Haven't tried that tank but love atlantis coils. I use an atlantis evo.

And really?? I love the triton mini clapton coils but the actual tank is too airy for MTL so I prefer my mini but as long as your off ciggies that's all that matters :)

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Haven't tried that tank but love atlantis coils. I use an atlantis evo.

And really?? I love the triton mini clapton coils but the actual tank is too airy for MTL so I prefer my mini but as long as your off ciggies that's all that matters :)

That's one of the things that the Naut coil did - it completely changed that airy draw. I had to very nearly cut the airflow off completely before, with the Triton coil, and it still burned the hell out of my throat. With the Naut coil, I can have it about halfway open and it's perfect.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I've never used any of the Vapewild DIY stuff, but it should be fine as long as the nic isn't peppery and harsh. Be sure to test your bases before using flavors on them, no sense in wasting flavors on a bad batch.

I will do this. Thank you for the pointers. Hillbilly, huh? Really? I've been known to have been born near a mountain or two...

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's one of the things that the Naut coil did - it completely changed that airy draw. I had to very nearly cut the airflow off completely before, with the Triton coil, and it still burned the hell out of my throat. With the Naut coil, I can have it about halfway open and it's perfect.
I still find it too airy even with the 1.6 or 1.8 nautilus coil. The Berserker and nautilus mini have a nice right draw and I can't stand a loose draw when using MTL.
There were only two true MTL RTA'S last year. The Berserker and Siren 2. Kayfuns are good but cost a fortune

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I still find it too airy even with the 1.6 or 1.8 nautilus coil. The Berserker and nautilus mini have a nice right draw and I can't stand a loose draw when using MTL.
There were only two true MTL RTA'S last year. The Berserker and Siren 2. Kayfuns are good but cost a fortune

Don't know if you ever order from FT, but their Kabuki clones, for anywhere from $9 to $14, have the best adjustable airflow I have ever seen on an MTL tank. I'd love to have the real House of Hybrids Kabuki, but just can't spend a hundred bucks for one tank . They use Nautilus coils, too, but to me are head and shoulders above either model of the Nautilus. Right now I have two more of them on the way, can't wait to get my hands on them.

The real thing that I love about them is the absolute simplicity of the construction. Nowhere for liquid to hide and seep out on your hands, no spitback unless you overfill them, just really nothing to go wrong unless the o rings wear out, and those you can buy to replace cheaply and easily. Can you tell I'm a big fan?

Last edited:

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't know if you ever order from FT, but their Kabuki clones, for anywhere from $9 to $14, have the best adjustable airflow I have ever seen on an MTL tank. I'd love to have the real House of Hybrids Kabuki, but just can't spend a hundred bucks for one tank . They use Nautilus coils, too, but to me are head and shoulders above either model of the Nautilus. Right now I have two more of them on the way, can't wait to get my hands on them!
I have an authentic kabuki actually :) it's amongst my favourite and you can dial in the perfect airflow. I had to get the 2ml version though cos I got it when TPD had gone into affect

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I have an authentic kabuki actually :) it's amongst my favourite and you can dial in the perfect airflow. I had to get the 2ml version though cos I got it when TPD had gone into affect

I am bright lime green with envy. Nuf said.:gaah:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Well I hope this DIY thing works out because I just placed an order with Bull City Flavors for some pipettes, plastic bottles (for storing nic so the air doesn't degrade it), and more flavors: blueberry, Earl Grey tea, cotton candy, strawberry, blood orange, Skittles, cream cheese icing, coffee, and gingerbread. I should have known this would happen. It's in my nature, I'm afraid, to "collect." But some of these flavors are not for me - in the event that I can get acceptable results, I'll attempt to mix some juice for my son and grandson, save them a lot of money.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I hope this DIY thing works out because I just placed an order with Bull City Flavors for some pipettes, plastic bottles (for storing nic so the air doesn't degrade it), and more flavors: blueberry, Earl Grey tea, cotton candy, strawberry, blood orange, Skittles, cream cheese icing, coffee, and gingerbread. I should have known this would happen. It's in my nature, I'm afraid, to "collect." But some of these flavors are not for me - in the event that I can get acceptable results, I'll attempt to mix some juice for my son and grandson, save them a lot of money.
It takes experimenting for sure. I spend a fortune on vape stuff and so do many people. Your not alone :)

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
This is unbelievable to me, but my order from Vape Wild arrived today. I only ordered it on Saturday.

I mixed up a 10 ml concoction of cinnamon, French vanilla, graham cracker, and lemonade with 14 mg nic at somewhere between 50/50 and 60/40 pg. Even though I know it needs to steep, my curiosity got the better of me so I put just a ml or so into one of my tanks. It isn't horrible and produces good vapor, so I'm hoping it will be ok. I'll try it again in a few days.

I just counted drops (20 drops = 1 ml, approximately) except for the pg and vg, so it contains:

28 drops of 100mg nic (this should have been 24 drops for 12 mg)
13 drops of cinnamon
8 drops of lemonade
5 drops of graham cracker
5 drops of French vanilla
1 drop of sweetener (flavorings total a tad over 15%?)
3.5 ml of vg
5 ml of pg

I wanted the cinnamon to be dominant, with just hints of the other flavors to smooth things out. I realize that it may turn out that I used too much flavoring.

There is a possibility that the sweetener wasn't needed, but I'll wait to make up my mind about that. Right now when I vape this juice, I can taste the sweetener on my lips afterward. It may just be that everything isn't properly mixed yet.

It actually tastes pretty good. I'm shocked.

jojosvapes

Drippopotamus
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
@nadalama first welcome to DIY and hope you continue regardless of what vendor you use. I started out with some of vape wilds stuff-they started out as a local shop in DFW or this is at least what I was lead to believe as the shop eventually closed and we were told to use this new online site for the same juice.
I will tell you that IMO vape wilds stuff is good - when compared to store bought juice. But I personally feel much better is out out to get had, and for cheaper than the 1.99 they charge "house" branded flavors (I see you already commented on BCF :)). As for the nicotine I liked what I had from them and had no issue, I thought it was smooth, then I tried other vendors and noticed it was not that great. And salt nicotine changed that ballgame again-friends have tried to give me freebase premiums-I wont even take them anymore-I am too used to my salts I am now vaping 8-10mg in an RDA and have ZERO throat hit, smooooooth as water :)

As for the save money part, I am still trying to figure that trick out LOL

Welcome to the DIY community.... :)

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
@nadalama first welcome to DIY and hope you continue regardless of what vendor you use. I started out with some of vape wilds stuff-they started out as a local shop in DFW or this is at least what I was lead to believe as the shop eventually closed and we were told to use this new online site for the same juice.
I will tell you that IMO vape wilds stuff is good - when compared to store bought juice. But I personally feel much better is out out to get had, and for cheaper than the 1.99 they charge "house" branded flavors (I see you already commented on BCF :)). As for the nicotine I liked what I had from them and had no issue, I thought it was smooth, then I tried other vendors and noticed it was not that great. And salt nicotine changed that ballgame again-friends have tried to give me freebase premiums-I wont even take them anymore-I am too used to my salts I am now vaping 8-10mg in an RDA and have ZERO throat hit, smooooooth as water :)

As for the save money part, I am still trying to figure that trick out LOL

Welcome to the DIY community.... :)

Thanks so much! All very helpful info, and I appreciate the welcome so much!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
My BCF order is out for delivery! Shall I bundle up and drive my snow-laden car down to the mailbox after lunch today, or can I be patient and wait for my husband to come home? (He'll check the mail anyway as he comes in, but dang!)

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Personally I'd get it as quick as possible ;) with vape stuff I just have to rush off!

I'm soooo excited. The juice I mixed up the other day just keeps getting better, and when I get my hands on the BCF stuff, I have "Russian Tea" in my mind, just waiting to be mixed. It is nagging me something fierce! :tantrum:

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm soooo excited. The juice I mixed up the other day just keeps getting better, and when I get my hands on the BCF stuff, I have "Russian Tea" in my mind, just waiting to be mixed. It is nagging me something fierce! :tantrum:
Lmao welcome to a cheaper future :)

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Ok, I've mixed up the Russian Tea and it smells and tastes fabulous. I didn't vape any of it yet, but I did taste a dot of the juice after I mixed it. Mixed up another 10ml of the stuff I'm going to call Sweet Cinnamon (my first recipe). Maybe this bottle will actually be able to steep for a few days. :)

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Oh you'll for sure spend a lot on new shiny things but DIY definitely saves on juice

Ok, so I sat here and created a spreadsheet and put all the mixing ingredients I've ordered into it, figured out what everything costs per ml, and then plugged my recipe quantities in. The 10 ml bottles that Vape Wild sells for $2.99 are costing me an average of 65 cents to make. I did not factor in the cost of the bottles because I will reuse them numerous times.

Explained this to husband. I think he is suddenly ok with me mixing juice. :D

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok, so I sat here and created a spreadsheet and put all the mixing ingredients I've ordered into it, figured out what everything costs per ml, and then plugged my recipe quantities in. The 10 ml bottles that Vape Wild sells for $2.99 are costing me an average of 65 cents to make. I did not factor in the cost of the bottles because I will reuse them numerous times.

Explained this to husband. I think he is suddenly ok with me mixing juice. :D
Good luck :)

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Have you got into rebuildables yet?? I find it a hassle but some people really enjoy it

Well, I took a shot at it. Had a couple of small hybrid mech mods that came with tiny RDAs. I built the coil and got it attached, and it vaped ok, but the dripping was driving me crazy.

The Zephyrus tank that I just got can use either pre-built coils or the RTA deck that came with it. If I venture into building coils again, it would probably be on that deck, that is IF I can see well enough to work on the little bitty thing. The tank itself is wonderful with 0.3 ohm coils, and it's old technology, so the coils are cheap.

Have already committed myself to making juice for my son and his girlfriend. Vanilla Cheesecake and Vanilla Rainbow (Skittles). This will give me some experience with other mixes, because she wants 40/60 pg 6mg and he wants 20/80 pg 3mg.

The Russian tea is fabulous. I couldn't wait to taste it, so I went on and hit a little of it this morning. The bergamot in the Earl Grey tea is a creamy-spicy exhale, right up my street, I just love it. I did tweak my recipe just a little to add more citrus to it because I could barely taste it, but otherwise it's a keeper too.

Hey, thanks for hanging with me on this thread. I really appreciate it.

Jane

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Almost goes hand in hand with DIY juice :) if not welcome to another one of pandoras boxes of "saving money"

LOL. It seems like what is about to happen is that I'm going to be mixing juice for everyone I know who vapes (that is, if they like my mixes). I just wanna share, I'm so happy. Son and grandson are already ready to lay out the money to start for themselves, which suits me just fine too. :)

When I told my son that, with the prices I paid for small quantities of supplies, even then I can make 120ml of juice for less than 4 bucks, yessirree, he was ready to go.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, I took a shot at it. Had a couple of small hybrid mech mods that came with tiny RDAs. I built the coil and got it attached, and it vaped ok, but the dripping was driving me crazy.

The Zephyrus tank that I just got can use either pre-built coils or the RTA deck that came with it. If I venture into building coils again, it would probably be on that deck, that is IF I can see well enough to work on the little bitty thing. The tank itself is wonderful with 0.3 ohm coils, and it's old technology, so the coils are cheap.

Have already committed myself to making juice for my son and his girlfriend. Vanilla Cheesecake and Vanilla Rainbow (Skittles). This will give me some experience with other mixes, because she wants 40/60 pg 6mg and he wants 20/80 pg 3mg.

The Russian tea is fabulous. I couldn't wait to taste it, so I went on and hit a little of it this morning. The bergamot in the Earl Grey tea is a creamy-spicy exhale, right up my street, I just love it. I did tweak my recipe just a little to add more citrus to it because I could barely taste it, but otherwise it's a keeper too.

Hey, thanks for hanging with me on this thread. I really appreciate it.

Jane
I hate dripping such a hassle. That's why if I'm gonna build I use RTA'S.

& I'm glad your enjoying your juices.

And no worries. PM me if you want.
Please to meet you Jane. My real name is sam not Skold :)

jojosvapes

Drippopotamus
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I love RTA'S but can't be bothered to build lately and I don't mind buying coils
Same I normally buy pre built rda coils, sometimes spools-but having some many flavors to test the best option for me is RDA and I love the flavor I get from them-not to mention I can sqounk with most of my RDAs
:bunny:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Same I normally buy pre built rda coils, sometimes spools-but having some many flavors to test the best option for me is RDA and I love the flavor I get from them-not to mention I can sqounk with most of my RDAs
:bunny:

That is a good idea, probably the perfect way to test juice mixes. I wonder if I can find pre-built coils to fit those hateful tiny RDAs...

Where would you even look for such a thing?

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I hate dripping such a hassle. That's why if I'm gonna build I use RTA'S.

& I'm glad your enjoying your juices.

And no worries. PM me if you want.
Please to meet you Jane. My real name is sam not Skold :)

Where are my manners? It's nice to meet you, Sam. "Skold?" You have some Viking about you, eh? If so, we have that in common, which I didn't know until I had my DNA done. Some Scandinavian ancestry on both mom's and pop's sides.

jojosvapes

Drippopotamus
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
That is a good idea, probably the perfect way to test juice mixes. I wonder if I can find pre-built coils to fit those hateful tiny RDAs..
For many of the DIY's its the only way.... mix up small samples of the flavors we buy, drip them, take notes, let it rest for a few days test and again more notes.... I have learned more by doing this than by mixing and vaping up any recipes. Its like cooking and know the flavors and characteristic of your ingredients. Then when your building recipes you think* I know what will mix well with this.... it takes some of the guess work and trial and error out (to some degree) Not to mention its the prefect way to find out what you like and dont like without mixing up large amounts of juice...

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Day 3 on the Sweet Cinnamon, the citrus woke up! This is amazing, observing how the juice changes from day to day.

Kabuki clone showed up, so filled it with that juice. Liking it a lot.

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
That is a good idea, probably the perfect way to test juice mixes. I wonder if I can find pre-built coils to fit those hateful tiny RDAs...

Where would you even look for such a thing?
Try advanced vape supplies, if you're into stainless steel coils, you can get pre wrapped/build coils as well as spools and as right now they having a 30% off with code spring I believe or 20% off due to their shipping changes, with code AVS. I should be hired by them since I sound like a broken info commercial today :mad:

Most of the fused Clapton of any kind are great for testing flavors, as well as if you get a spool and would wrap yourself, small enough to get into smaller decks (22/24mm) the quad and triple core unless you get only 5 wraps and even then might be too big, would go in mostly all 25mm and up. Lower/smaller and you'll have to squeeze. Still possible tho.

VU Sponsors