Become a Patron!

Just ordered my first batch of DIY stuff...

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Try advanced vape supplies, if you're into stainless steel coils, you can get pre wrapped/build coils as well as spools and as right now they having a 30% off with code spring I believe or 20% off due to their shipping changes, with code AVS. I should be hired by them since I sound like a broken info commercial today :mad:

Most of the fused Clapton of any kind are great for testing flavors, as well as if you get a spool and would wrap yourself, small enough to get into smaller decks (22/24mm) the quad and triple core unless you get only 5 wraps and even then might be too big, would go in mostly all 25mm and up. Lower/smaller and you'll have to squeeze. Still possible tho.

Ok I've ordered an RDA (Sig-S) from West Coast Vape Supply, and some .8 ohm clapton coils and cotton pads off eBay. Including shipping that RDA was $5.15. I am a cheapskate, but I don't want to spend money on this until I see if I can do it. So RDA, coils, and cotton altogether were about $12. All the pre-made fused claptop coils I could find were really too low a resistance for me to test with - I need something that's close to what I'd normally vape. At least it seems like I would.

Meanwhile, I just might charge up an EVOD battery and pull some cartomizers out of the deep freeze (not literally, of course). I hope I didn't throw all that stuff away....

jojosvapes

Drippopotamus
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Old on.... just trying to help what exact cotton did you buy? Asking as you dont want to just use just normal cotton. I would suggest anything you can get from a vape shop or if you must 100% organic if its drug store type stuff...

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Old on.... just trying to help what exact cotton did you buy? Asking as you dont want to just use just normal cotton. I would suggest anything you can get from a vape shop or if you must 100% organic if its drug store type stuff...

That's the item description below. The cotton is cut into squares. Instructions I read earlier today said to cut a 1/2" strip of it, peel the top and bottom layers off to get to the really soft stuff in the middle, then roll it between your hands to make a kind of slightly compacted "rope" of cotton.

PREMIUM 100% JAPANESE ORGANIC UNBLEACHED COTTON PADS VAPE WICK BACON MOD RDA USA

Also, after I cleaned the inside of the drip tip and heat sink, I could still taste that oddness. I had used about 30% of the 10ml bottle, so I added 1.5ml of pg and vg to the bottle and shook it good. It does taste better, and I pick up that weird flavor a lot less, but it's still there just a bit. I'm going to leave it alone for a few days to see what happens, but even before that I'm going to modify my recipe to use at least 30% less flavorings.

Last edited:

jojosvapes

Drippopotamus
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
ok wanted to make sure you were not going to be vaping on bleached cotton pads... :) Honestly 30% flavor seems high - if you get too much it can also mute and start to not taste like you intended or create chemical type taste... IMO

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
ok wanted to make sure you were not going to be vaping on bleached cotton pads... :) Honestly 30% flavor seems high - if you get too much it can also mute and start to not taste like you intended or create chemical type taste... IMO

Sorry, I must not have been clear. What I meant to say is that I'm reducing the flavoring by at least 30%.

jojosvapes

Drippopotamus
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Yeah sorry about that... I think I should make sure to keep my glasses on when I get on here :)

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Yeah sorry about that... I think I should make sure to keep my glasses on when I get on here :)

No worries. You're helping me a lot. I appreciate it!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I am learning a valuable lesson. Steeping is important. Funky flavor that I was tasting in the first juice I mixed is now completely gone. Today is day 6.

"Sweet Cinnamon" recipe with lower percentages of flavoring is a keeper, I think. After I get through fidding around with everything else and can make one batch directly from my recipe, I will know for sure.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Also made a "Grape Ice" a couple of days ago that apparently is a good S&V. A small part of the contents of that mix is some Hangsen menthol 70/30 24 mg juice that I ordered by mistake. Used 2 ml of the Hangsen juice and 10 ml of the Grape Ice recipe at 40/60 6 mg, so that juice when mixing is finished is somewhere close to 50/50 12 mg. I vaped it almost immediately and have been hitting it pretty hard ever since, and it's really good.

Wonder if it too will change on day 6? :)

VU Sponsors