Become a Patron!

Just ordered the crown

shamelin73

Member For 4 Years
Just ordered the Crown with an extra pack of the .25 coils.

I don't have a mod for it yet but looking at the Sigelei 150 TC. Anyone using this combo?

Since I have not ordered the Sigelei yet please recommend one. I really like the form factor and feel of the Sigelei.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk on Project FI

Zr0

Member For 4 Years
I have that combination, except I run the .5 coils. I love it. So much so that I've kicked a 20+ years 1.5 pack of cigs a day three weeks ago when I got it. I also ordered a second Crown in black so I can have two flavors locked and loaded for my daily grind. One downside to some is that the Sig 150tc can only run TC on the Nickel coils and not the SS or Ti coils. I have yet to even try TC so I couldn't comment on that.

Otherwise the two go well together. Somewhat large for a pocket, but feels good in the hand. Vapor and flavor are damn good. Best part for me is that the batteries in the Sig can go for more than a day of heavy vaping at the watts I run (50-60) so a spare set of batteries and I'm never going to have any issues of no power...

EDIT: Also make sure to look up that video of how to properly break in the Crown coils. Makes a big difference.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
If you look around in this forum, there's something mentioned about setting the proper temperature for a titanium coil, with a TC device, that supports Ni200 coils only. Just don't remember, the details. (It's a bitch getting old :)).

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have that same combo and love it. The Sig 150TC also works like a champ with my OBS and Arctic sub Tanks, can't go wrong with it.

My Sig 150 TC has also taken 2 drops off my kitchen counter and not suffered a dent. Love the way it feels in the hand and the black paint feels like a satin paint job, don't like to use the silicone cover unless I take it on the road.

I got my Sig 150 TC when it first came out and have 0 regrets. I had a chance to hold it and the IPV 3Li and 4S as well as the Smok X Cube II and the feel in the hand is just so much more comfortable.

I am vaping the Crown on the Sig right now, love it.

shamelin73

Member For 4 Years
Thank you all. I can't wait till the Crown gets here. I still looking to find a good deal on the Sigelei

barbaraann72

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Using my Crown on my Sigelei 150 right now. I want to get another one of each, that's how much I love this combination.

Sent from my SM-T217T using Tapatalk

shamelin73

Member For 4 Years
I have the New Kanger SubBox Mini and is great but need more.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
black friday is about a month away but if your like me it is hard to wait that long.

I just ordered one of these, costs $80 at the local store and there getting popular: https://www.vaporworld.biz/new/encom-tnt-26650-80w-box-mod/

Love my Sig 150TC but don't actually use the TC on it and wanted a smaller device for the road but still have the long battery life. When I saw the TNT 80w at the local store next to the Evic VTC Mini it is not much bigger but with the 26650 should last almost twice as long.

By the way, first order with Vaporworld.biz but there customer service on the phone was great and they shipped my mod today Priority mail so I should receive it Saturday. Shipping was only $4.99 but if I would have spent $75 it would have been free.

barbaraann72

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
101vape.com has them for 58.49 when you use coupon Sig10. Free shipping is at $75!

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
101vape.com has them for 58.49 when you use coupon Sig10. Free shipping is at $75!

Are you talking about the regular Sig 150? The TC version is $81.99 and that coupon won't work on it.

Even though I don't use TC I still like the TC version as it feels a lot more comfortable rather than the boxy normal version. The normal version is a great performer though as well.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
If you look around in this forum, there's something mentioned about setting the proper temperature for a titanium coil, with a TC device, that supports Ni200 coils only. Just don't remember, the details. (It's a bitch getting old :)).
Self! :)

I found the information on using a Titanium wire with TC mod for Ni200 wire only. You roughly subtract 100F from what you would use for a Ni200 coil. However, I'd just start at a lower temperature and increase it, until I find the sweet spot.

Zr0

Member For 4 Years
Their's a 15% off coupon for all box mods right now at 101 - VAPETOBER. But the 150tc comes to $72.68
Pretty good price. I've seen it about $20 cheaper before during sales online, but on the other hand 101vape.com is legit. They shipped me my stuff fast, no mistakes, everything was as I ordered.

Now on a sidenote: Just got some mech sauce in the mail and loaded it up. Awesome.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, 101vape is a great company to deal with, never had any problems with the 8 or so orders I have gotten from them.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
6 other nice options for the crown
ipv 3li
smok xcube 2
smok xcube 2 mini
smok treebox
any dna200 mod
ipv d2

the dna200 and all 3 smok mods will do SS TC

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmmmmm, just saw the Pbrusardo video on all the DNA200 devices and the Reuleaux by Jaybo Designs looks pretty slick. Didn't know all the DNA200's did SS TC so that is now on my radar for a possible Black Friday pick up.

Thanks for the info Matt

trueg115

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just ordered a crown too in hopes that it won't leak or gurgle like my current tank. We shall see!

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am not sure it is necessary but I always close off the air flow when I fill up my Crown and it never leaks or gurgles. I just got into the habit because my OBS tank instructions says to close off air flow and juice flow control when filling to prevent leaking and it never leaks on me.

trueg115

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ill let you guys know how it goes on monday when i receive mine!

Zr0

Member For 4 Years
i never close off teh airflow while refilling the crown
I also never close the AFC when refilling through the top fill. Granted I'm quick about it, open fill shut no screwing around I wanna vape lol.

Mine has never leaked on me, period. Granted I've only had it three weeks but it's been going through at least 10-12ml of juice a day with all the fill ups required obviously.

EDIT! Actually it did leak once. When I put it in a small carrying case I have for work and I accidentally put it in upside down! A little bit of juice was dribbling out the drip tip.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I never close the airflow off refilling my Crown.. I do make sure I stay to to the side and not pour juice down the center hole.. No leaks or gurgles either...

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I am not sure it is necessary but I always close off the air flow when I fill up my Crown and it never leaks or gurgles. I just got into the habit because my OBS tank instructions says to close off air flow and juice flow control when filling to prevent leaking and it never leaks on me.
The directions say to. I thought when I first got mine it might have flooded a bit. I do now out of habit. But I can't for the life of me figure out how that helps anything. I can't tell a difference if I forget.

DakotaS

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Don't know much about the crown but I can say for sure that the Sigelei 150 TC is a TOUGH box. One that will stand the test of time for sure...

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Crown is awesome!
My coil lasts for so long and I want to change the juice lol
But nonetheless amazing tank!!
I still have juice that came with it going to try the .5 than decide which to order.
I don't have Tc sig BUT i have TC on the evicVT and the 25$ (I got it for the price looks cool) I stick 60w TC from gearbest(it was a deal from vapor joes)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rotax

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have two crowns a silver for the wife and a black for me. Best tank i ever used. i used the .25,.5 and the nickle coils , all work great, but i just don 't like nickle . Must be me. i have been limited because i only had 60 watt mods. yesterday i got my Smy 170 from cigabuy , after 3 weeks + , a deal $54.00. Yea i know bad reviews because of the 510 connection , but the first thing i did was open it up and put some jb weld on the 510. I have been steady vaping. on it. Love it , my old eyes can see the big screen. I had the crown up to 130 watts and still no dry hits on the .25 coil , i did'nt go any more because it was my only .25 . Its alittle too hot ther for me. But i love it at 80 to 90 watts. In two days i have gone tru at least 60 mil + .Great tank! Great box!

shamelin73

Member For 4 Years
Was able to get the Sigelei local and got a TFV4 and sold the Kanger SubBox Mini. Wow this is a great setup.
Can't wait till the Crown gets here.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Let us know how the TFV4 compares to the Crown when it arrives. I have a TFV4 on the way but ordered it from Gearbest and instead of shipping from the US like I selected they shipped from China so who knows when it will arrive. I think that's the last time I order from them.

shamelin73

Member For 4 Years
Let us know how the TFV4 compares to the Crown when it arrives. I have a TFV4 on the way but ordered it from Gearbest and instead of shipping from the US like I selected they shipped from China so who knows when it will arrive. I think that's the last time I order from them.
Will do

shamelin73

Member For 4 Years
Got the Crown today and took my time wicking it and all is good. Great cloud and flavor I am at 80 watts on the .25 coil. I like the TFV4 due to the upper venting and not so hot on the lips.

I am very new to all this but I think the Crown should be a top contender against the TFV4.

I also ordered the istick 100w mod to have a backup as I sold my kanger subbox mini.

Last edited:

101vape

VU Vendor Employee
VU Vendor Employee
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Pretty good price. I've seen it about $20 cheaper before during sales online, but on the other hand 101vape.com is legit. They shipped me my stuff fast, no mistakes, everything was as I ordered.

Now on a sidenote: Just got some mech sauce in the mail and loaded it up. Awesome.

Thanks for the shoutouts guys! If ya'll don't know yet, we're doing free 15ml ejuice with orders $25 and up.

To answer OP's question, the Sigelei 150W TC is awesome. We also do not get as much customer issues about the device, so overtime, it should be very consistent. I am currently using a Sigelei 150W (No TC), but it is a very consistent and easy to use mod.

Zr0

Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the shoutouts guys! If ya'll don't know yet, we're doing free 15ml ejuice with orders $25 and up.

LOL No problem bud, I appreciate a proper vendor! I'm gonna have to go pop back in the online store and see what tickles my fancy then :D

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Finally got my TFV4 from Gearbest, almost a month after I ordered it :eek:. Never ordering from them again as I picked the US warehouse but they still shipped from China. There excuse was they ran out at the US warehouse so they had to ship from China, they should have refunded my order instead, terrible company.

I did check the product verification through Smok's website and at least I got an original, phew.

I started with the triple coil which was installed and while it was good that things sucks through juice like no other even though it wasn't that much more clouds than the Crown. I went through a full tank in less than an hour with the triple coil and it wasn't better than the Crown IMO. I decided to switch to the Quad coil for my next fill up, much better for me. Filled up both the Smok and Crown with the same juice, 1 on my TNT 80 and the other on the Sig 150TC. I would take 2 puffs off of each back to back. The Crown is more airy with both wide open, not a lot more but definitely noticeable. You can match the air flow on the Smok by opening the air flow on the tip. Cloud wise I really didn't notice much of a difference but flavor wise I would give the edge to the Smok, not a big difference but noticeable. The Smok still went through more juice than the Crown with the quad coil installed but it wasn't ridiculous like the triple coil.

I am not a cloud chaser but for those that are the Crown has a slight edge there, you can really crank it up. After the coil has had a few tanks run through it I am able to lower the wattage some which I like and still get a satisfying vape with the Crown, the Smok so far just likes to suck the life out of my batteries.

I personally prefer the look of the Smok better, the fit and finish is very nice. I also get less spit back with the Smok, not that the Crown is bad in that regard but it is a little more finicky about the wattage to avoid spit back.

There are Pros and Cons for both tanks but they are pretty close. If I had to choose which one to buy based on what I already know I would choose the one that is the best deal both tank and replacement coil wise. Also keep in mind that your going to go through juice faster with the Smok, it does give you slightly better flavor but at a cost. If I was still buying store bought juice then I would go with the Crown, since I DIY my juice now it is not much of a concern anymore.

I did talk to my friend who was disappointed with the TFV4 Mini he got when he ran the triple 6 coil that came installed with his. He also went through the first tank in about 30 minutes and wasn't impressed. He switched to the Clapton RBA head and is now impressed, he says great flavor and not gulping juice like mad man. He doesn't have a Crown but he doesn't like a super airy draw so I told him that the Crown is great but maybe not for him as it is airier than the Smok.

I really do like both of these tanks and whichever you choose you can't go wrong. I won't be taking either of them on the road with me though as I use a OBS T-VCT for that as it holds more juice and gives a great vape at around 20 to 30 watts. I know with the OBS I can vape for a long time without having to bring extra juice with me when I am driving. If I had to choose 1 tank it would be the OBS as it fits my lifestyle better than all the other tanks I have. After trying my OBS 2 other friends ordered it right away and it is there overall favorite tank as well. It is not a cloud monster but does give a very satisfying dense cloud with great flavor and no spit back. It also has 6mil capacity from a tank not much bigger than the Arctic which only holds about half that.

Pax

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I went down the same road. Sigelei 150 TC and the Crown. Bottom line is that this is a solid combo that delivers. I was using the Kanger subtanks and with no doubt the Crown is a notch above. I will just let me wife use the Kangers as she is not a particular as I. We both jumped on the vaping wagon about 5 months ago and have not touch a cig since. I was 45 years and she was 35 years of pounding the analogs. Doing it together was good as we both had to commit and adapt to finding setups that would replace the behavioral and nicotine needs. Neither one of us can imagine ever picking a cig up again.

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Must be nice...... to me, pg and vg just do not taste or hit the same, and create vapors tongue now and then.

But an 80 pct solution is still alot of progress for me.

VU Sponsors