Become a Patron!

Just picked up a Mutant X RDA

Vaping Cracker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
If I did that, VC.. I'd have thousands of drippers :D

not sure.. think I want a whole new setup..
I like my 26650.. but it's just bulky.. thinking on a new copper mech..
i donated my old one to a new vapor, and well.. ;)

not sure.. still thinking.. maybe Santa might bring me a goodie :p
trying to be good, but boy is it hard lmao!
Consider the 18650 FUhattan Carbon Fiber copper. :)
The Mutation X would look great on it. :D

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got the 22mm. Ordered the 28.5 from Fast Tech. The Atty 22mm 80% VG + 36% 100% Nic nothing else per 30 ml , makes the clouds of storms.

How can you tell the authenticity of the mutation x? I read the previous post but I have a friend that says that I have a non authentic. I tried telling him what I read here, but he disagrees that the designers would have it made overseas.

Vaping Cracker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It was DESIGNED in the USA, but it was MANUFACTURED in CHINA. So your friend is wrong that the authentic is made in the US. But yes, there are clones, which is stupid, cause the authentic is a great price point and their manufacturer did some flawless machining on the authentic.

Thats what I was trying to tell him. The thing is mine says Indulgence and Unicig Shechen(?). His was bought from ebay. He says that the box is a little different and that mine has a nicer drip tip compared to his.

Vaping Cracker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
If you like your MX, regardless of whether it's authentic, I wouldn't worry too much about what your friend says. Sounds like you have an authentic to me, but who knows. I know someone that bought an authentic MX on Ebay. I know where to go when I get the MX. I just spent a lot of money on a 26650 mod and 2-26 batteries and a lot of e-juice nic liq and flavors. I have a ton of attys and I need a 26650 mod for long trips to the Dr. I don't like carrying around a lot of VTC5's

cutevape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
v2-5.png v2-2.png
Mutation X v2 RDA is coming now. Wider bore drip tip, angled AFC tabs, a T-post positive post, options for a glass top, and the magical positive insulator can withstand 3x more heat than the one used on the last Mutation X's.

Vaping Cracker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have the MX V1 coming in the mail Monday. I may or may not order V2. Probably get a Doge. I might get both though. Vaping decisions are getting hard... I want a Vulcan too. And a Veritas. Someone stop me.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I feel you. I can't stop either.
Every time I think I got the best something better comes along.
I have been holding steady for a while now with the 120 watt dual 18650 raptor box with the mutation X.
It won't last. I'll want more again.
It's been this way for 2 1/2 years now:eek:

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I feel like i cant get all the airflow capacity in use with this. I have right now a 0.07 ohm build in and im still blocking one airhole per side.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
at .35 I block off the last 3 on each side.
Make sure you block from the top down because you need the one down by the coils open.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Thats what I was trying to tell him. The thing is mine says Indulgence and Unicig Shechen(?). His was bought from ebay. He says that the box is a little different and that mine has a nicer drip tip compared to his.
The one with the different drip tip (the hole is a smaller bore) and cheaper looking box is a clone.
A really, really bad clone. I got a real one on eBay too but you have to know what to look for.
I got that shitty clone on eBay too and sent it right back. The title said 'authentic' and the con artist selling it used pics from the real Mutation X.
The holes on the NEGATIVE posts were huge and the center post hole was tiny which is ass backwards.
I'll go back and find the sellers name so you all can avoid them...
deals4days20112011 is the one who sold me the fake.

cutevape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
This mutation x and mutation x V2 are both made by Shenzhen Unicig and the brand is Indulgence.Maybe the clone one looks like the same with the original but the quality is totally different.So guys,open your eyes and buy the original from Unicig directly or from your local authorized shops.
The original,the best!

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
This mutation x and mutation x V2 are both made by Shenzhen Unicig and the brand is Indulgence.Maybe the clone one looks like the same with the original but the quality is totally different.So guys,open your eyes and buy the original from Unicig directly or from your local authorized shops.
The original,the best!
I know exactly who and what to look for I have 2 of them.
The asshole that was ripping people off was using legit Shenzhen Unicig Indulgence Mutation X photos then sending fakes.
I bet a LOT of people didn't know any better and fell for it.
I didn't really need another but I figured I'd grab a 3rd one to put up just in case.
I got my money back, return shipping and all.
If I didn't already own 2 I may have not known the difference.

You are 100% Correct. The original IS the best!:)
The vape bands help keep it snug to the base.
That is the only drawback is the orings are a little weak at the base.
That is insignificant considering the quality and price.

20141024_031652.jpg

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The asshole that was ripping people off was using legit Shenzhen Unicig Indulgence Mutation X photos then sending fakes.
I didn't really need another but I figured I'd grab a 3rd one to put up just in case.

View attachment 7777
Where did ya get the VJ bands from? Pretty cool idea to remedy the loose top cap fit too.

I never understood why someone would want a clone of a device that is already priced so low. I know you were actually after the real thing, but I see cloned versions of this, CLTs, and IGOs all the time.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Where did ya get the VJ bands from? Pretty cool idea to remedy the loose top cap fit too.

I never understood why someone would want a clone of a device that is already priced so low. I know you were actually after the real thing, but I see cloned versions of this, CLTs, and IGOs all the time.

Vapebands are here: http://vapeband.com

I never understood that either.
I noticed on fasttech the Mutation X 'styled' atty came and people were replying "yes, in the basket' and 'finally, been wanting these".
I was thinking what the fuck? for $10 more you can get a REAL one!
Some people are so used to buying shit from fasttech they will even buy something when fasttech is charging MORE for it than everywhere else!

Vaping Cracker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I got my Mutation X a few days ago and did a .16 dual coil build with 22 gauge. I decided to go a little lower for cloud chasing comp, which I usually vape between .16 - .24, and put a .09 build in the X and wasn't impressed... neither were my batteries. The .09 didn't perform any better than the .16 and there was no justification for a .09 build whatsoever. So I pulled out the .09 and put a new .16 build back in and the vape is great. I close off the top 3 airflow holes leaving me with 6 airflow holes on each side and the vapor production is great and the flavor is still there. I make my own juice so I can always add more percentage of flavor for vaping in the X if I do have a flavor issue with any of the flavors I make. It sucks that people are putting up pictures of authentic RDA's and then passing out clones. Fasttech's Mutation X clones are completely stupid. Most of the negative posts aren't even milled into the deck!!! Da Fuq Fasttech??

cutevape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Yes,the oring at the base for v1 is really a little week so Unicig improved this and you will see the thicker and stronger orings when you get the mutation x V2.

Attachments

• v2-4.png
    v2-4.png
    309.2 KB · Views: 20

Viral Vapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
There is a shop 1 town over that has these for 25$. I need to go swoop one, been eying this for some time now.

vaypnvybes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
all about my mutation definatly my goto now. i got a dual parallel dual coil with 24g... 5 wraps on 7/64 reading in at .08... these air holes are fucking great, keeping them wide open, no significant loss in warmth like i was thinking... i mean its definatly less warm than my stillare but i think the tapered top and wide bore drip tip lets the vapor get to you and dosent get really hot... the nice deep well is legit also. i noticed on my stillar with less than .2 my rda was passing mad heat to my mod. this mutation seems to deliver vaop and heat where it needs to be if that makes sence.... idk "step into my head then back out and tell me im wrong" -mitch hedberg

vaypnvybes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I really like the Ameravape Manhattan. It's a hard hitter and super thick. I want an FUHattan. I only vape copper mods at the moment. I traded off all the stainless. Partial to copper, but not full copper attys. And yeah you have a ton of recipes SB.
i love my fu bro definatly worth it...

Attachments

• Snapshot_20141025_67.JPG
    Snapshot_20141025_67.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 17

Vaping Cracker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
i love my fu bro definatly worth it...
I don't have my 18650 Manhattan anymore (kicks self), but I do have a 26650 Manhattan with a 22 mm Mutation X on it. They pair up great. I do want a 18650 FUhattan Carbon Fiber Copper mod. I love the Cherry Vapes o-ringless friction drip tip on the Mutation.

Attachments

• 26650 Manhattan Mutation X.jpg
    26650 Manhattan Mutation X.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 22

vaypnvybes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
wow that thing looks llike a monster, i seen a 26 sized stillare that my buddy had, im looking to get a 26 mod, im torn now, i did want a 4nine 2 six... but i dont like my 4nine bc it gets so damn hot... i may have to grab a 26 manhatan, i love the manhattan style bc i can let my rda space above it to keep heat from tranfering... thats the shit. think if i do id slap that stillare 26 size on it, you can put some monster coils in that bad boy, drill out a couple 3/16 holes. they need a 26 sized mutation

vaypnvybes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

View attachment 7777
dude what i did to help the o rings fit more snug was take some flat dental floss and wrap a few times under the oring... problem solved... i read of somebody doing that on here... worked like a charm

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
This totally makes me glad that I sent the fake V1 back! I am going to wait until the pre orders are over and once it's out I will pick the V2 up. I really like the dual positive terminal. I have a plume veil that it's kind of like that and it's the easiest atty to build that I have.

vaypnvybes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
yea i need a v2, because sometimes want a single coil. fuck the plum veil, imo the only good thing is extra post, l. the 510 ajust was shit and i had a real one, after this mutation i am stoked to see whats next and better, bc by far i think she is my favourite.

Last edited:

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
My plume veil gets so hot so quick it isn't even worth using.
I always end up with juice on the outside of the atty too.
Those holes inside are a good idea in theory but they are too close to the deck.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
The plume veil reminds me how much I love my Vulcan, Magma, Veritas.....etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vaping Cracker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yeah the plume veil idea was a great one, but poorly manufactured cause the juice well is like a kiddy pool, the holes going through the negative posts are too low (but the juice well is so freaking shallow so it doesn't matter) and you can't use a chuff cap on it if you use low gauge wire and even with the stock top cap you can't use the top airflow cause the delrin touches the screws on a low gauge builds. What you end up doing is spend more time dripping (and leaking and dry hits) than vaping. It they improved it with a deeper juice well, raised the height of the airflow thru the negative posts and made the chamber a bit higher it might be a great RDA. As is, it's a dust collector. The version 2 of the MX is definitely on my list of things to get.

cutevape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
3.jpg
;)Here is the authentic mx v2 package, good luck to you all :rolleyes::p

cutevape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
yea i need a v2, because sometimes want a single coil. fuck the plum veil, imo the only good thing is extra post, l. the 510 ajust was shit and i had a real one, after this mutation i am stoked to see whats next and better, bc by far i think she is my favourite.

MX V2 is designed for single coil and dual coil, and you could adjust air holes on each side seperately or both. more choice to go:cool: also the fins are angled for better air adjustment. 12.jpg

cutevape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
黑1.jpg 黑5.jpg
Look, Mutation x V2 black and copper,which color is your favourite?

red6

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I love my mutation X

There are a few down sides to it though.
I actually ended up with 2 of them.
In both cases the ground posts are not machined into the deck. One of them is actually loose on deck.

The air flow cap can interchange but if I put the black one on the deck for the copper one its very loose. And visa versa

As much as it is a fog maker and can also be used for the flavor. I want to take the bottom three air holes and turn that part into a cyclops and leave the top 6 air holes alone.

It's my every day rda I love it. But the deck could be better built.

cutevape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I love my mutation X

There are a few down sides to it though.
I actually ended up with 2 of them.
In both cases the ground posts are not machined into the deck. One of them is actually loose on deck.

The air flow cap can interchange but if I put the black one on the deck for the copper one its very loose. And visa versa

As much as it is a fog maker and can also be used for the flavor. I want to take the bottom three air holes and turn that part into a cyclops and leave the top 6 air holes alone.

It's my every day rda I love it. But the deck could be better built.
All the problems have been solved for this V2,more stable posts,more choice to adjust the airflow through the top cap.Try this mutation x V2 and share the comments with us.

v2-4.png
mutation x rda V2 top cap with tip.jpg

vaypnvybes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
so sweet... vape mail here we come am stoked.

VU Sponsors