Become a Patron!

Just took the next step in my journey...

digger27

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
January 22 2018 I bought a Joytech D16 and that day I finished up the last cigarette pack I will ever buy, (hopefully).
Not long after I got a few supplies from my Vape shop and started mixing my own juice.
Next up a Zelos combo with a Nautilus 2 for a little more Vape control, and then a Nautilus mini so I could use the same coils and switch my juice types around throughout the day because I can get bored easily...or at least my palette can, anyway.
Next a fire sale price on a Freakshow atty came to my attention so I got it and of course I got interested in building coils, too.
I have bought a few more complex premade alien coils coils for the thing but my more simple single wire coils I make myself are still my favorites and I will advance in my coil making skills as time goes on I am sure.
My D16 started to act a bit schizophrenic before the warranty was up and then recently started to leak and I am waiting to see if Joytech will help me out on that, I contacted them and they said I might need to send it back to them in China to which I replied not in a million years because shipping would cost me twice what I paid for it so that us still up in the air, but I need a decent unit to carry around with me in the world so I bought a D22 XL which I love and so far seems to be working fine.
Whether I will ever buy another Joyetech product in the future...we will see but this new one is stellar.
Even though I am a MTL guy for sure I still like a nice lung full of vapor from time to time and my Zelos at up to 50 watts and my Freakshow with the right build can get me to a nice flavorful not too warm enjoyable Vape at the 30 or more watt range but the thing plows through battery power doing it so I decided...I need more.
Yesterday I took the next step in this never ending journey and ordered this stuff.

GeekVape Aegis Legend 200W TC Starter Kit - Stealth Black

4x's Samsung 30Q 18650 3000 mAh

Innokin Ares MTL RTA - Black

Coil Master 521 Tab Mini V2 Ohm Meter

NITCI8 Nitecore i8 Intellicharger Battery Charger

I got the Legend because I can be hard on my tools and I also can be quite clumsy so why not protect myself to the best of my ability with my choices, I figure.
Also my battery life should be crazy long using the thing mostly at my lower power MTL wattage.

Not done yet, the site I ordered from has a nice looking Dead Rabbit clone, the Yup, for only $4.99 if I order something else for $25 this weekend and I do think I need, (not would like to have but need), a Falcon attty with the mesh coil.
My Vape guy says he uses his constantly at 60-70 or so watts, maybe more, and gets great flavor plus that mesh coil seems to last weeks for him and man it looks so cool with that bigger bubble glass.
Probably would look sensational on my new Legend, I bet.

So after I get all my stuff together that's it, I will probably be done...and if you believe that I have a great deal on some land in Florida we need to talk about.

Such an insidious life saving hobby this is.
Yea I am off the stinkies and saving a ton of money monthly but the juice mixing and coil building side is just so interesting and fun to do, too, plus way addicting I have found.
At least these addictions are more positive and healthy for me than cigarettes or some others.
I did mention the fun thing too, didn't I?

Last edited:

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
January 22 2018 I bought a Joytech D16 and that day I finished up the last cigarette pack I will ever buy, (hopefully).
Not long after I got a few supplies from my Vape shop and started mixing my own juice.
Next up a Zelos combo with a Nautilus 2 for a little more Vape control, and then a Nautilus mini so I could use the same coils and switch my juice types around throughout the day because I can get bored easily...or at least my palette can, anyway.
Next a fire sale price on a Freakshow atty came to my attention so I got it and of course I got interested in building coils, too.
I have bought a few more complex premade alien coils coils for the thing but my more simple single wire coils I make myself are still my favorites and I will advance in my coil making skills as time goes on I am sure.
My D16 started to act a bit schizophrenic before the warranty was up and then recently started to leak and I am waiting to see if Joytech will help me out on that, I contacted them and they said I might need to send it back to them in China to which I replied not in a million years because shipping would cost me twice what I paid for it so that us still up in the air, but I need a decent unit to carry around with me in the world so I bought a D22 XL which I love and so far seems to be working fine.
Whether I will ever buy another Joyetech product in the future...we will see but this new one is stellar.
Even though I am a MTL guy for sure I still like a nice lung full of vapor from time to time and my Zelos at up to 50 watts and my Freakshow with the right build can get me to a nice flavorful not too warm enjoyable Vape at the 30 or more watt range but the thing plows through battery power doing it so I decided...I need more.
Yesterday I took the next step in this never ending journey and ordered this stuff.

GeekVape Aegis Legend 200W TC Starter Kit - Stealth Black

4x's Samsung 30Q 18650 3000 mAh

Innokin Ares MTL RTA - Black

Coil Master 521 Tab Mini V2 Ohm Meter

NITCI8 Nitecore i8 Intellicharger Battery Charger

I got the Legend because I can be hard on my tools and I also can be quite clumsy so why not protect myself to the best of my ability with my choices, I figure.
Also my battery life should be crazy long using the thing mostly at my lower power MTL wattage.

Not done yet, the site I ordered from has a nice looking Dead Rabbit clone, the Yup, for only $4.99 if I order something else for $25 this weekend and I do think I need, (not would like to have but need), a Falcon attty with the mesh coil.
My Vape guy says he uses his constantly at 30-40 or so watts, maybe more, and gets great flavor plus that mesh coil seems to last weeks for him and man it looks so cool with that bigger bubble glass.
Probably would look sensational on my new Legend, I bet.

So after I get all my stuff together that's it, I will probably be done...and if you believe that I have a great deal on some land in Florida we need to talk about.

Such an insidious life saving hobby this is.
Yea I am off the stinkies and saving a ton of money monthly but the juice mixing and coil building side is just so interesting and fun to do, too, plus way addicting I have found.
At least these addictions are more positive and healthy for me than cigarettes or some others.
I did mention the fun thing too, didn't I?

Hell yeah, I love it :blowkiss: The hobby sides of vaping didn't just help me ditch a pack of the cheap red stinkies a day, also helped me get away from some even worse habits I had.

You got my Favorite batteries - I got them because they were pink, turns out they're also just really good batteries for your and my purposes :p

Enjoy the journey and the ride :cheers:

digger27

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hell yeah, I love it :blowkiss: The hobby sides of vaping didn't just help me ditch a pack of the cheap red stinkies a day, also helped me get away from some even worse habits I had.

You got my Favorite batteries - I got them because they were pink, turns out they're also just really good batteries for your and my purposes :p

Enjoy the journey and the ride :cheers:

Thanks!
Yea, the pink batteries...LOL!
I am a man and proud of it but secure enough in my existence not to worry about the color thing...they will be hidden most of the time, anyway.
Mooch says they are great and seem to be a good choice for my setup so no worries there.
Darn...now I gotta go buy some new wraps to have handy just in case.
It never ends, does it? :vapemail:

VU Sponsors