Become a Patron!

Just wanted to share

CactusFanaticus

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
And say thanks, I know there is an anniversary thread but It would have been a long reply.
It’s been a year now this time guys and I’m not going back!
Longest I’ve went and a big achievement for me.

First started vaping around 5 or 6 years ago, did good for 6-7 months but ran out of coils and juice and it was cheaper/easier to buy a pack of smokes. Juice was expensive then, like 30$/30ml but vaping under 10 watts would last a while.

Off and on vaping then the DNA 40 came out and sub ohm coils...wow!
Lasted even longer around 8 months, but then again couldn’t source juice or coils local and relapsed.

Today is a double anniversary for me and my wife, our wedding anniversary and 1 year not smoking. Last year today we were on vacation, I’d smoked too much the night before as we were having a few beers. Woke up the next morning choked half to death coughing and felt smothered.
I’d been smoking off and on for 10 years, just watched my dad pass away from lung cancer from smoking and my mother from complications due to COPD. I knew it would be the same fate for me, and what a terrible way to go, suffering for months fighting for each breath until you loose.

I remembered passing a vape store on the way in to were we were staying and decided right then I’d smoked my last. Bought us both a mod and some juice, while keeping in mind why I always relapse. The juice bought me some time until I researched and learned to make my own,(big thanks to VU!) same with coils. Now I have years of nicotine in the freezer and miles of wire in the workshop.

Now the in laws will often times have me to purchase them cigarettes, and I can honestly say the thought never crosses my mind to buy myself a pack now, I enjoy vaping way more and I am grateful because it really did save my life. So today I’m not only celebrating a year without cigs and the years me and my wonderful wife have spent together, but all the years we will hopefully have together in the future that we wouldn’t have had if it wasn’t for vaping.

It’s a great day and just feeling thankful for vaping and such an awesome place of knowledge and support like the VU, thanks to each and every one of you that share your knowledge and support and thanks for reading!

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
And say thanks, I know there is an anniversary thread but It would have been a long reply.

First started vaping around 5 or 6 years ago, did good for 6-7 months but ran out of coils and juice and it was cheaper/easier to buy a pack of smokes. Juice was expensive then, like 30$/30ml but vaping under 10 watts would last a while.

Lasted even longer around 8 months, but then again couldn’t source juice or coils local and relapsed.

Today is a double anniversary for me and my wife, our wedding anniversary and 1 year not smoking. Last year today we were on vacation, I’d smoked too much the night before as we were having a few beers. Woke up the next morning choked half to death coughing and felt smothered.
I’d been smoking off and on for 10 years, just watched my dad pass away from lung cancer from smoking and my mother from complications due to COPD. I knew it would be the same fate for me, and what a terrible way to go, suffering for months fighting for each breath until you loose.

I remembered passing a vape store on the way in to were we were staying and decided right then I’d smoked my last. Bought us both a mod and some juice, while keeping in mind why I always relapse. The juice bought me some time until I researched and learned to make my own,(big thanks to VU!) same with coils. Now I have years of nicotine in the freezer and miles of wire in the workshop.

Now the in laws will often times have me to purchase them cigarettes, and I can honestly say the thought never crosses my mind to buy myself a pack now, I enjoy vaping way more and I am grateful because it really did save my life. So today I’m not only celebrating a year without cigs and the years me and my wonderful wife have spent together, but all the years we will hopefully have together in the future that we wouldn’t have had if it wasn’t for vaping.

It’s a great day and just feeling thankful for vaping and such an awesome place of knowledge and support like the VU, thanks to each and every one of you that share your knowledge and support and thanks for reading!

What a great share - and congratulations!!!

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That is great. Thanks for sharing. I still wake up every day and want a cigarette. Not sure what it is. But I keep a juul on hand and in pocket for those moments. Congrats on the year smoke free and the anniversary.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Congrats Cactus :cheers:

I feel the same about vaping saving my life.

Rock on!

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Here’s to you Cactus :cheers: lovely share and happy anniversary

VU Sponsors