Become a Patron!

Just wanted to show off some of my own 3D printed battery sled designs

grobbins

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hi guys long time lurker/researcher(don't really post much unless it is to ask a question I cannot find an answer to myself lol)

Just wanted to have a chance to show you guys some 3D printed battery sleds I designed and print myself
Going to be finishing up and test fitting the triple 18650 sled tonight I have been working on
enjoy ;)

72zIsOl.jpg

40xLH0h.jpg

REOYiwJ.jpg

L61tB2i.jpg

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Those look really great!

They would look even better installed in a 150 Watt box mod found in my mailbox:D

But now that I have that out of my system, I wish you luck.

grobbins

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I cant disagree on that lol but unfortunately I do not build mods to sell I just supply some builders with my sleds and everything I build is for my personal collection haha

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
That does look pretty sweet.

Have you thought of comming up with an enclosure more suited to the human hand than the box?

Nothing against box mods. Got a few of them and love them.

But I am thinking the next new thing with be ergonomic designs and the 3D printer is the perfect way to design and test them.

grobbins

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yes all of my future enclosures will definitely have ergonomics worked into the design. The one above was more about just seeing if I could design one myself from scratch. Since that one my skills have gotten better in the cad department so I don't imagine anymore box shaped ones for myself lol

Been working on a new design on and off for the last couple weeks that will either house an 18650 or a 26650 depending on which one I feel like printing for myself. But people keep interrupting the revision process by ordering more battery sleds hahaha

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
May i ask why the stagger on the 18650 sleds?

And can you get copper or brass terminals that clip on like the ones you use now?

Also, any progress on single 18650 and 26650 sleds?

Last edited:

grobbins

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
May i ask why the stagger on the 18650 sleds?

And can you get copper or brass terminals that clip on like the ones you use now?

Also, any progress on single 18650 and 26650 sleds?

The stagger is so the sled fits over the corner screw hole inside the popular hammond "G" style boxes. Really it will clear the corner post on any hammond box enclosure it is ment to give the mod builder more room on the opposite side to to be able to fit components in neatly. I also do these in left or right depending on preference.

Sorry but as far as I can google I cannot see any suppliers for contacts like that. There is a gold/nickle plated combo one used in a certain keystone sled but I cannot seem to find just the contacts for sale. If I am wrong I would love to know so I can get them lol

I do know the ones I currently use are pretty standard when it comes to what other builders are using. Nickle plated keystone 209 and 228

That being said if someone wanted just a sled with no contacts that can be done as well for them to use their own contacts but no guarantee on fitment with any other style contacts.

I did plan to do a single 26650 right after finishing my triple 18650 design, but did not plan much on doing a single 18650 unless someone wanted a custom fitment job or something done. Just did not see much point with all the mass produced cheap ones available maybe I am wrong?

Last edited:

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Probably a small market but always room for a better single 18650 sled than the cheap mass produced ones...If anything ,color options would maybe be a selling point...just a thought.

ill be in touch with you at some point about a sled for something i wanna do.

Cloudboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That is amazing! Makes me wish I had a 3d printer

VU Sponsors