Become a Patron!

Just wondering if nic salts are as stable as freebase nic in storage

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I really have no conclusion but suspect that they are not as stable as freebase nic...

Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
This is from a website about the difference between freebase and salts.
Don’t know exactly why but I’ve read here and a few other places that it’s more stable than freebase.

We also mentioned that nicotine salt is much more stable and not as volatile as the freebase form. Salt nics also take higher temperatures to vaporize and the ions don’t easily travel to your nicotine receptors in your body.

To put simply, it’s not the most effective way to deliver nicotine to your body compared to the de-protonated freebase form.

link to article: https://www.ruthlessvapor.com/blogs...s-freebase-why-nicotine-salt-is-the-new-craze

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is from a website about the difference between freebase and salts.
Don’t know exactly why but I’ve read here and a few other places that it’s more stable than freebase.

We also mentioned that nicotine salt is much more stable and not as volatile as the freebase form. Salt nics also take higher temperatures to vaporize and the ions don’t easily travel to your nicotine receptors in your body.

To put simply, it’s not the most effective way to deliver nicotine to your body compared to the de-protonated freebase form.

link to article: https://www.ruthlessvapor.com/blogs...s-freebase-why-nicotine-salt-is-the-new-craze

Thanks for that.
The site may be a bit biased though since they sell nic salts...
will have to do some googlefu

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So your body absorbs freebase easier than salts is the way it sounds.
I've never been much for salts myself. I have 2 pods that I keep in my pocket so I don't have to walk all the way back to my work truck to vape. But just use 12mg freebase juice in those. Sometimes it's a long walk. Or someone lights a cigarette and I'll pull the breeze 2 or pasito out and join the club.

Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Thanks for that.
The site may be a bit biased though since they sell nic salts...
will have to do some googlefu
Yea that’s why I figured it best to link the article. I’ve read the same other places but they were probably vape sites also. I haven’t found anything explaining the science behind why it would be more stable, hopefully someone will come along with that information. Would have to be due to the ph because I believe that’s the only difference freebase and salts.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
the ions don’t easily travel to your nicotine receptors in your body.

Interesting, I thought Salt Nic was more easily absorbed by the body. I for no reason other than I don't like the idea have no plans to use it but never have enough info on stuff. Maybe I will read the article.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So I had to read the article and one thing stuck out for me which basically is the reason I have no desire to try them and I will post an except from the article after this. Thanks to @Rooster Cogburn for the link~! Very Appreciated

Except from the aticle.

"Another ingredient in nic salt, benzoic acid, is still under review to determine its toxicity."

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea that’s why I figured it best to link the article. I’ve read the same other places but they were probably vape sites also. I haven’t found anything explaining the science behind why it would be more stable, hopefully someone will come along with that information. Would have to be due to the ph because I believe that’s the only difference freebase and salts.
To me it would seem to be less sytable since it has been mixed with something that altered it already?
But what do I know? I am no nickologist.
But am leery of those eager to sell the stuff harking it's virtues.

VU Sponsors