Become a Patron!

Kaees - Aladdin RDA

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at the Aladdin RDA from Kaees. The Aladdin RDA was supplied for the purpose of this review by Evan from Heaven Gifts.

https://www.heavengifts.com/product/KAEE...n-RDA.html

In the Box

Contents:

1x KAEES Aladdin BF RDA
1x 0.25ohm Ni80 Pre-made Coil
1x User Manual
1x Spare Parts (Screwdriver/Hexagon socket screw/O-ring/BF Pin)

Aesthetics

After opening the normal Kaees packaging i was met by a short all silver RDA, other colours available are, Black and Rainbow. The front of the RDA has the Lion face etched on as we have become accustomed to with Kaees products and the back is blank. The two sides have 3 airflow intakes either side, 1 on the top-cap, 1 on the base and the other on the centre of the sleeve. The top has some knurling that add to the aesthetics but also helps with grip. The drip tip appears to be an ultem 810 but when removing you find out it's a 510 fitting which has been made to both look like an 810 and feel like one in the mouth. Moving to the base, we have branding and safety stamps in black and a gold plated, protruding 510 pin (the BF pin which i changed to when doing a build is also gold plated and nicely protrudes).

Specs:

Material: Stainless Steel
Size: 24 x 33mm
Drip Tip: 510 drip tip
Thread: 510 thread
Triple adjustable airflow system
Bottom feeder pin included
Detachable structure for easy cleaning
510 Drip tip
Colours: Black, Silver, Rainbow

Assembling and Disassembling

The Aladdin can be separated into it's various parts very easily. The drip tip comes straight out and top cap pulls off with ease. Most RDA's i find i need to put on the device to pull the main sleeve off but on the Aladdin the bottom airflow intakes act as perfect notches for your nails to get purchase and the sleeve pulls straight off. All the o-rings have the perfect tolerance and the RDA can be reassembled effortlessly.

The Triple Airflow

When i first looked at the Aladdin i thought the triple airflow will give masses of air and going with a 510 drip tip was a very strange choice, that was until i took the Aladdin apart to study how the airflow worked. All 3 airflows are quite restricted especially the bottom and top, so Kaees have gone for maximum air coverage with minimum air to maximise flavour, rather than throwing air at the coils encouraging masses of vapour. The top-cap has duel air intakes which when lined up with the middle air flow is open. When you take the top-cap off you can see the airflow is cut outs that line up with 2 small slits (per airflow) in the top of the sleeve that are angled in towards the centre. When you look inside the sleeve you can see the air enters via small holes. The posts on the deck also double up as the airflow system, the air from the small bottom airflow slits enters the deck via 2 small holes (per post) at the base of the posts which are angled to hit the bottom of the coil (they act as 2 small jets of air). When the middle airflow is open it is lined up with a slit towards the top of the posts giving air to the sides of the coil, this is the most generous of the 3 airflows but is still quite restricted. Both top and middle airflow are adjustable while the bottom is fixed. The middle can be open, closed or partially open and the top can be open, closed or you can have it where air is only entering through one hole each side instead of two.

The Build Deck

The deck has 2 large posts set back to the perimeter of the deck, the large size is due to the posts having the 2 lower airflow holes and side airflow slot (the positive has insulator on the outer), as well as the post hole slots to the side. The screws are to the outer of the slots to help trap the legs and fixing your wire legs is easy. There are 2 nice deep juice wells either side one for each wick and again wicking is common sense and easy. There is a plate over where the 510 enters the deck so when using the BF pin (which is what i used), the juice gets directed straight into the 2 juice wells. The Aladdin has a very easy single coil deck to build on.

Performance

Loved it, i used the Aladdin with the BF pin and just used a fused clapton build, closed the side airflow off, had top fully open and of course the bottom is fixed, only one word comes to mind "flavour". I would imagine if you are using bigger coils you would need to open up the side airflow to get coverage to the larger surface area, whether you would need to alter the top; not sure, but get the right airflow configuration for your build and the Aladdin matches anything for flavour. Both top and side airflow can be adjusted with ease, Kaees have done a cracking job. Some people might not be convinced about the RDA having a 510 but it really doesn't need an 810 as the Aladdin doesn't give massive airflow, i also noticed practically no spitback and the 510 might of helped with this. Because you have 2 separate juice wells unless you massively over squonk or drip, the juice isn't going to come in contact with any airflow inlets so no leaking. The final thing i noticed when using the Aladdin was how quiet it is, a lot of RDA's sound like a fighter jet taking off, whistle or attempt to whistle but the Aladdin was noticeably quieter than most.

Conclusion

The only difference between the Aladdin and the elite RDA's for flavour is you need to mess about more to get the airflow configuration right for your build, but once you get there the Aladdin matches the flavour of the very best RDA's.

Pros

Triple airflow
Great Flavour
Top-notch Machining
Quiet
No Spitback to speak of
BF pin included
Simple build
Perfect tolerance on Airflow adjustment
Juice wells away from airflow.
Drip or Squonk correctly, no leaking.

Cons

No duel coil option

I would once again like to thank Evan from Heaven Gifts for supplying the Aladdin RDA for the purpose of this review.

https://www.heavengifts.com/product/KAEE...n-RDA.html

VU Sponsors