Become a Patron!

Kanger coil troubles

ckf

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It seems like every other coil out of the 5 pack doesn't work correctly in my Protank 2. Even with my battery turned all the way down to 3.4v I get a burnt taste. When I do get a good coil it works great, The coils I have been using are 2.5 ohm and I do prime them before firing. Anyone having any better luck with the lower ohm coils?

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Sounds like you got a bad batch of coils.

Sadly that does happen from time to time.

As far as priming them goes, just give the new coils a chance to soak up some liquid after you install them. A minute or two should be enough.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Are they the old version of coils or the new one?

The new ones have the wicks enclosed so you can't really see them / the old ones you can see the wicks sticking out of both ends..

ckf

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Could be a bad batch, but I have had the same problem with two different 5 packs from two different vendors.

These are the exposed wick single coils for the Protank 2. Aren't the enclosed wicks only available for the dual coil Protanks?

EthelMaltol

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I am not aware of two different types of protank single coil heads. They do offer different length metal on the tops, for evods and t3's. I heard they were going to discontinue the single coils, so I will definitely be stocking up soon. I have a bunch of kanger stuff and rebuild the heads. It did take a lot of practice, but I think I finally got them to where they are near perfect, or me.Stock heads can be hit or miss though and may not wick very well with thicker juices.

VU Sponsors