Become a Patron!

Kanger coils 2 holes vs 4 holes vs slots

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Im sure meany people including me is asking this question!
So comment below with your thoughts on witch you prefer and state the reason why.

Thnx and happy vaping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I tend to think we are nicey people, if you better explain what you'd like us to comment on we may give you some feedback:):)

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I tend to think we are nicey people, if you better explain what you'd like us to comment on we may give you some feedback:):)
Whiskey i have lol

Witch one you prefer and why lol

Ngkon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The two hole Kanger occ horizontal style I like for my all day vape. Enough vapor to make me happy but not using ridiculous amounts of juice. The 4 hole vertical style, Starre style, wicks much more quickly and is great for tons of vapor but blows through juice. I use my Maganus and love it but it's too much for all day. The rectangle cut out style, Smok VCT Pro style, has been the one I don't like. Using even max vg juice it seems to overwick, flood and spit back. Hope that helps.

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thnx ngkon helped me understand alot there!

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
One more thing! Does these have different names for each?
If so what are they for searching use lol

Ngkon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Each company uses a coil usually exclusive to their brand. The 2 hole coils (horizontal style) come with the the Kanger Subtank series and the Innokin iSub, the 4 hole (verticle) come with the Freemax Starre and the Aspire Atlantic series, and the rectangle (verticle) ones come with the Smok VCT Pro and Arctic tank. This list doesn't include all the tanks, just the more popular ones. What are you looking for? If you want a subtle all day vape I'd go with a Kanger Subank however if you want to "chuck clouds" I would go with the Freemax Starre. Keep in mind all of these tanks will need a device or battery capable of sub ohming.

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Im not sub vaping mate iv now got the innokin vv4 and the aerotank v2

Ngkon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
In that case your choices are going to be the Kanger or Aspire, they are the only two that have coils above 1.0, that being said the few times I've used my Mini Subtank with the 1.2 coil it worked quite well. I think if you replaced the Aerotank with a Kanger Nano you'd be quite happy, even though you can use the old style low ohm coils in the Aero the Nano has more airflow with faster wicking.

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Im not sub vaping mate iv now got the innokin vv4 and the aerotank v2

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Il see how i get on with the aerotank as i aint got my vv4 yet should be here tomorrow but saying that i dont like to much air flow as i like to toke it and in hale not suck straight to the lung lol

Ngkon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My wife can't stand the lung ingale. I am so used to it that if I have to fix her setup it feels like sucking on a milkshake straw. I just got her the Eleaf Air M clearo, it uses 1.5 OHM heads its a nice tank for $10 US. I would say that when or if you are ready to move up go with the Kanger Sub series. Very well made gear.

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
First of all Thnx for your help today!
Yeah i have looked at sub vaping but atm im just quitting smoking so i think that should be enough for now. I do like the looks of aspire mini though!
The plan was to use vv4 till im completely of the nicotine but iv done so much research on vaping i am thinking of carrying it on lol i dont want to but i think its gone from one habit to another lol!!! Though this one in alot cleaner
Also trying to get my missis into vaping i need to get a 0 nicotine for her to have a blast as nic ones make her cough when she try mine lol x

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Im abit confused just tryed aerotank for first time! the 4 holes wasnt that good of a vape i tryed the evod head in the aerotank and its loads better? Surly the 4 holes shud be better and shouls evod head fit the aero?? :/

Ngkon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The tank takes dual coil heads. Kanger originally used one that had a slot with the fuzzy wicks sticking out, then they made upgraded versions. The upgraded ones started as an oblong hole with no wicking sticking out and then went to two smaller holes with no wicking sticking out. Thinner (higher pg) juice likes less wicking then thicker (higher vg) juice. I understand your issue I had the same problem. All three coils fit and work with the Aerotank, just buy more of the one that works best.

Ngkon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The older version is on the left:
image.jpg

The two types on the newer versions:

image.jpg

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Oh i get it now shame they dont still do that version 2! As my liquid is vampire vape 60pg 40 vg is the difference in single coil and dual coil the length of it? As my evod is smaller in length and will only just go into the aerotank! I still yet to try my vv4 on this to feel the full effect as i shoved my e pen on it lol

Ngkon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
They do still make them (http://www.vapesupersaver.com/old-style-dual-coils/) . You should be able to find them on eBay too. The mid section on all the dual coils are same, the oldest style single coils are shorter. When you get the new vv it will work better but over 4.2 volts it will not taste good iirc.

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Cheers mate!
Think i may just buy a pack of evod coils and sling in the aerotank as i seem to get hell of alot more vapour trial and error this is till i get it right innit its a pain in the back side lol

Ngkon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It is all a learning experience. Just a heads up though, the coil in the center of the picture in the correct height. If it's like the one on the right it is too short and it's going to leak. The one on the right is the oldest style single coil type.

image.jpg

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The one on the right is about the same weight as the evod i got so far so good though.
And are you saying my e pend use over 4 vaults? So when i get my vv4 i will need to fire less vaults for better taste?

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
6020cb96cb5fa7d79a671e41d6e7fc0d.jpg
one on left is the one i got with aerotank on right is evod and it seem to fit and give better vape lol but cant find nothing about people using evod coil on aerotank

Ngkon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The e pen should have been putting out about 3.8 volts. With the vv you can go up to about 4.2 and the power will stay more constant. As long as the coil is working go with it, the other tricks to using the shorter coil if it leaks are: double the rubber grommets on top of the coil or the more expensive route, get a Protank 2 and use the Aerotank base on it.

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yeah i did notice that rubber trick! Iv kinda wasted my money though as i bought the aerotank for better vape and taste from the coil i may aswell just use the evod lol
Il wait till my vv4 comes hopefully tomorrow and go from there cuz its buggin me now lol

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Finally i have found a uk site what sell the dual coil with the wick show either side lol il order some up see how they go

VU Sponsors