Become a Patron!

Kanger Coils Not Fitting.

SuperNataly

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I recently bought a Kanger Subtank Mini and when I took the base off to fill it it seemed fine, but later when I went to change the flavor the coil didn't come up with the base, it was still in the tank as if it got screwed off the base when I took it off - if that makes sense. I tried to screw it back on, but it seems like the treading is not catching and it just rotates forever never getting tighter. If I pull on the coil it just pops off, I don't think this is normal because my Nautilus Mini screws on tight and stays on the base.
I tried it with the other coil and the mini RBA and they both do the same thing. Could it possibly be the base?

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It doesn't thread to the chimney so just twist and pull the coil head out of the tank,screw it back on to the base and carry on.
when you place the head back into the base,make sure it's hand snug.
there's a small rubber grommet in the head that keeps the juice from seeping and holds the vacuum. If you don't snug the head to the base then the grommet is going to unscrew it.

SuperNataly

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It doesn't thread to the chimney so just twist and pull the coil head out of the tank,screw it back on to the base and carry on.
when you place the head back into the base,make sure it's hand snug.
there's a small rubber grommet in the head that keeps the juice from seeping and holds the vacuum. If you don't snug the head to the base then the grommet is going to unscrew it.
Yeah I know it's not supposed to be in the chimney in the tank itself, but when I try to screw the coil on the base, it doesn't at all. Not even to where it is snug.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The coil head and base threads are visible. You should be able to see if anything's messed up. Or do like bondo said and post some pics so we can better help. That sucks. Good luck.

AZ4running

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sounds like the coil got cross threaded and stripped out the threads. A new base will be need if that is the case.

SuperNataly

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Can you snap a pic of the base threads?
The coil head and base threads are visible. You should be able to see if anything's messed up. Or do like bondo said and post some pics so we can better help. That sucks. Good luck.
Sounds like the coil got cross threaded and stripped out the threads. A new base will be need if that is the case.
I ended up just taking it to my local B&M and they looked at another Kanger Mini and it was just fine, they ended up replacing my entire tank.

VU Sponsors