Become a Patron!

Kanger Dripbox 160 and aftermarket RDA

s7m8a1978

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I apologize in advance if this subject has been previously dealt with. I have a Dripbox 160 on the way. I currently own a Tsunami 24. Upon some reading it states using a different RDA in the 160 can cause damage. I've also read where people are using aftermarket devices on them. What's the deal? Am I stuck using the factory RDA? I appreciate any help I can get here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reigle1972

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I apologize in advance if this subject has been previously dealt with. I have a Dripbox 160 on the way. I currently own a Tsunami 24. Upon some reading it states using a different RDA in the 160 can cause damage. I've also read where people are using aftermarket devices on them. What's the deal? Am I stuck using the factory RDA? I appreciate any help I can get here.

Hi s7m8a1978, first here's links
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/newbie-squonker-hopefully.300599/#post-1546842

http://vapingunderground.com/thread...dripbox-160-starter-kit-in-particular.300727/

And you can use any bf RDA you want

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Dripbox does not have a spring loaded 510.
However I have has no difficulty with about 15 different RDA's on it.

the only way I could see to damage it would be to have something with a very long 510 and just keep cranking it down to try and get it flush.
Something might well break in the 510.

s7m8a1978

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

the only way I could see to damage it would be to have something with a very long 510 and just keep cranking it down to try and get it flush.

Cool. I just got to comparing pictures between the 160, Tsunami and the Subdrip. The 510 on both the Dripbox and the factory RDA are non adjustable and flat. The Tsunami bf pin as well as others with adjustable pins are slotted. I didn't know if that would cause an issue with leaking in the 510 on the Dripbox. Nice to hear conformation that other RDA's do work on the mod though. Thanks.

Reigle1972

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Cool. I just got to comparing pictures between the 160, Tsunami and the Subdrip. The 510 on both the Dripbox and the factory RDA are non adjustable and flat. The Tsunami bf pin as well as others with adjustable pins are slotted. I didn't know if that would cause an issue with leaking in the 510 on the Dripbox. Nice to hear conformation that other RDA's do work on the mod though. Thanks.

I have dripbox 80w & 160w and have no problem with the tsunami 24. The Rashomon you need to use a rubber o-ring included in kit before it will read atomizer

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I modded a 22mm Tsunami to BF and use it on my Dripboxes.
The 22 is a royal pain to squonkiry.
The 24 comes with a squonk pin I believe.

Just got in some more FDV squonk pins yesterday so not to squonkify my other 22 mm Tsunami.
Which also reguires a 24mm Tsunami squonk pin.... Which I have another one of.

s7m8a1978

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for the help folks. I certainly appreciate it. Currently sipping on my favorite beer so cheers.

caihlen

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I run a 160 and a Tsunami 24 with no problems.

Roadtrip635

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been using a Velocity V2 clone with a glass chamber on my DB160 and like it quite a bit.

d1_zpstqg5qcah.jpg

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
How about goons or hadaly? Do they fit ok as well? no one mentioned this in my threado_O

VU Sponsors