Become a Patron!

Kanger Dripbox and battery saftey

I just got a Kanger Dripbox 160 today and im really exited to use it. The only other mod I have owned is the smok g priv and I know almost nothing about RDAs. My question is how do I know im not over charging my batteries. Im using the pre installed coil in the RDA but im not sure how many watts I should be using to be safe. The mod says the resistance is .3 and I think I used a calculator correctly and I got 45w. I however dont know how many amps my battery is and the only information I got from is is "18650 3.7v 2500mahh" I want to make sure im being safe when I use it and can understand how to be safe when I start building my own coils. Thanks to anyone who takes the time to help me with this.

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
With regulated mods, the resistance doesn't matter. As long as your mod will fire it, you're ok.
Get yourself some genuine Samsung, Sony, or LG batteries. 20A are fine, unless you intend to push 150W+ all the time. If you gotta push it, go with 25A batts.
Liionwholesale.com, Imrbatteries.com, and Illumn.com are trusted US vendors. Not sure about vendors outside the US, but look for "Authentic" in the description, and cross your fingers for luck, and hopefully you won't get clones.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
With regulated mods, the resistance doesn't matter. As long as your mod will fire it, you're ok.
Get yourself some genuine Samsung, Sony, or LG batteries. 20A are fine, unless you intend to push 150W+ all the time. If you gotta push it, go with 25A batts.
Liionwholesale.com, Imrbatteries.com, and Illumn.com are trusted US vendors. Not sure about vendors outside the US, but look for "Authentic" in the description, and cross your fingers for luck, and hopefully you won't get clones.
This!

Thanks for the very helpful reply!

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
1. Can you submit a picture of the batteries?
2. If you don't have 1, buy an external charger. They are around $10. Very cheap for what they do.
3. You mentioned you had a g-priv, but you didn't mention what tank or dripper you had before.
4. There's lots of videos on how to build coils, how to install coils, and how to wick. Check them out. It'll take a little trial and error, but you'll get it.
5. As for the dripbox 160, if you use the included kangertech dripper, place your coils high in the chamber. That will give you better flavor.

1. Can you submit a picture of the batteries?
2. If you don't have 1, buy an external charger. They are around $10. Very cheap for what they do.
3. You mentioned you had a g-priv, but you didn't mention what tank or dripper you had before.
4. There's lots of videos on how to build coils, how to install coils, and how to wick. Check them out. It'll take a little trial and error, but you'll get it.
5. As for the dripbox 160, if you use the included kangertech dripper, place your coils high in the chamber. That will give you better flavor.
I luckily already have a external charger and its very handy. I have a g priv but I just have the big baby beast, I have never owned a rba. And thanks for the tip to place coils higher!

VU Sponsors