Become a Patron!

Kanger EVOD improvements

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ive been experimenting with coils and air hole sizes trying to improve the kanger evod tank and think i found a sweet spot..at least for myself...ill be specifically refering to the original single coil models but im sure the newer tanks can benefit from the same changes.

The evod tank has what i consider a tight draw and some may like that but i wanted a looser draw so started experimenting...Ive found drilling out the breather holes to 5/64 is about as large as you can go from the little evod tank and it make a difference.

If you remove your tank and take a draw you will see the maximum amount of air you can draw through it..Unfortunately we are limited to the size of the connection pin hole diameter to draw in air no matter how large you make the holes in the breathers...5/64 is equivalent to not having the tank connected with the draw.

The coils im building are using kanthal A1 30g with a 9 coil wrap on a 2mm inside diameter...I do build what i believe is called a micro coil where all the coils are pressed together tight to make one shorter coil...Im getting 1.7 1.8 ish ohms and using a raw organic cotton for wicks..I find it to gives off a great flavor and not overwork the ego style disposable batteries..not to mention much better vapor production..wicking is super fast as well...i can chain vape 6 or 7 full 8 second hits and never get a dry burn...although the base does get a bit warm.

If you are an EVOD fan i highly recommend these changes...i dont think there is much more you can do to them but they are great performers.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors