Become a Patron!

Kanger Protank 5 Has bad o-rings from factory???

whats up guys new here,

just got my Kanger subox mini-c. it has the protank 5 on it. i was skeptical with the purchase because of all of these o-rings. sure enough im having issues.

im not 100% whats happening but being a mechanic i think ive figured it out. looking for some justification here.

The issue:
I think my coil is getting flooded. upon first use, all was fine. but after a few hours of being filled with juice, i got some gurgle and juice spitting in my mouth. i took a q-tip to the mouthpiece and cleaned up all of the unvaporized juice. but sure enough it would come right back. i decided to remove the coil to inspect, and found what looked to be a tiny rubbery string piece stuck in the atomizer. i assumed it was the ussue. removed it and cleaned everything and re assembled. worked fine... for a few hours. now today, its getting flooded again. when inhaling, the juice wil pop like a firecracker and shoot out of the tip. i gently blew back through it and juice came out onto my hand.

so i took it apart again and really looked everything over super close and found what i think is a damaged o-ring...
what do you think? 16839553_10158221087895058_1522565484_n.jpg

ive had this thing just a few days. should i try and take it back to the store? kinda bs if i have to order a new o-ring set immediately after buying it..

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The O-rings are to prevent leaking I thought, spitting and unvaporized juice in the mouth piece are also signs low power/Battery or bad/dead coils

yeah i just don't have much trust in the tank since not much screws together. its held together by the o-rings. if you pick it up by the tank, you run the risk of the tank separating and all of your juice just falling out the bottom lol. the picture shows what i believe is the damage/cause of flooding. i thought at first i may of had a faulty coil but this find has changed my mind.

VU Sponsors