Become a Patron!

Kanger SSOCC Teardown

Hi,

Could you elaborate a little more on how you clean the cotton off of the coil, and how you re-assemble? This is my first vape, and throwing out the coils is killing me - it seems such a waste.

Thanks!

You don't clean the cotton off. the wire coil will smash easy so after you pull the center post and gromment out I advise putting a drill bit up in the coil before pulling out the coil/cotton. The bit gives the wire coil support. WHen its out leave the bit in and find the end of the cotton pad and unroll it off the wire coil like paper off a toilet roll. As for assembling it its not easy, takes patients wraping the cotton pad around the coil. In the photo above with coil on the drill bit you will notice one wire end is sticking up. You start wraping pad there first then push that wire down so its parallel with the other wire. What you are doing is putting a layer of cotton between that wire and the coil wraps, If you don't it will short out. After pushing the wire end down wrap the rest of the pad around the coil.

Last edited:
Thank you for this - just the right level of information for a n00b. Now I just need to get one apart, but tools are on their way for that.

VU Sponsors