Become a Patron!

kanger sub nano occ coil wicking

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I had some one tell me I should use a small screw driver and push the cotton in the juice wells inward when starting a new occ coil, to help with wicking. Any thoughts?

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nope. Just compresses the cotton and makes it harder to wick the juice. Just soak the head with juice, wipe it off, install it , fill and vape.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nope. Just compresses the cotton and makes it harder to wick the juice. Just soak the head with juice, wipe it off, install it , fill and vape.
Are you saying to submerge the whole thing in juice, or just drops on the cotton?

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nah, don't submerge it, but squirt a lot of juice into the coil head and on the outside juice holes (sounds kinda dirty :p) and let it soak in before installing it.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Nah, don't submerge it, but squirt a lot of juice into the coil head and on the outside juice holes (sounds kinda dirty :p) and let it soak in before installing it.

yea the instructions say 2 drops onto coil beforehand.. I usually drop like 10 lol just to be sure..

never had an issue with wicking.. and i've gone through at least 3 packs of coils so far

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the help. My 1st one is not burnt up yet, but when I have to go to the .5, I ll do all this and let u know how it all works out. Thanx again

Prsurf2k

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
When you do use up the one you are currently vaping with save it. Take out the cotton and the coil and save the main part because ther are several youtube videos on how to re-coil and wick the occ heads. So you can save some money too. That's one of the great things about these new occ coils they work great with some to no adjustment, and then you can rebuild them easily.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
When you do use up the one you are currently vaping with save it. Take out the cotton and the coil and save the main part because ther are several youtube videos on how to re-coil and wick the occ heads. So you can save some money too. That's one of the great things about these new occ coils they work great with some to no adjustment, and then you can rebuild them easily.
I have heard this, but scares the shit outta me I will fuck somethin up

Reactions: Jah

Prsurf2k

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yes, I can see where it would be scary to re-coil and rewick a used coil head. Once you have had it some time you will see that there is another side to vaping where RDA, RBA's may start to interest you and then re coiling and re-wicking will be a part of all that. I say take your time and if /when you decide to go that route we'll help you out. I still say save those heads some one you know who vapes maybe able to help you out and show you how to recoil and rewick them. If you decide to go that way I suggest you get an Ohm meter and you will need some Kanthal A1 wire of a couple different guages, some clippers, japanese cotton and screw drivers, needle nose pliers and some other stuff. I know it all sounds overwhleming but I'm not saysing you have to go do this right away. Like I said take your time, enjoy your vape and come back when you are ready for the next step. All that stuff I say you need looks like it would be expensive but its not. Ok have fun Vape On. let us know if you need more help or advice.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yes, I can see where it would be scary to re-coil and rewick a used coil head. Once you have had it some time you will see that there is another side to vaping where RDA, RBA's may start to interest you and then re coiling and re-wicking will be a part of all that. I say take your time and if /when you decide to go that route we'll help you out. I still say save those heads some one you know who vapes maybe able to help you out and show you how to recoil and rewick them. If you decide to go that way I suggest you get an Ohm meter and you will need some Kanthal A1 wire of a couple different guages, some clippers, japanese cotton and screw drivers, needle nose pliers and some other stuff. I know it all sounds overwhleming but I'm not saysing you have to go do this right away. Like I said take your time, enjoy your vape and come back when you are ready for the next step. All that stuff I say you need looks like it would be expensive but its not. Ok have fun Vape On. let us know if you need more help or advice.
Ok, I will save, but just be forwarded, ur gonna get a lotta questions:)

Reactions: Jah

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Rebuilding the stock heads is very easy once you pop off the top pressed fit section. Every new head I rewick with loose Japanese cotton since I'm using max VG. This is with both ni200 and regular coils.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Rebuilding the stock heads is very easy once you pop off the top pressed fit section. Every new head I rewick with loose Japanese cotton since I'm using max VG. This is with both ni200 and regular coils.
It really is easy since those things are so big. I've rebuilt a few using 24 Gauge, .35 ohms. What a splendid freaking vape.

VU Sponsors