Become a Patron!

Kanger Sub-Tank Leak Solution

Obsoletevaper

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey everyone so about 2 months ago I picked up a Kanger Sub-tank Plus and loved it. However about a week or so after I picked it up, the bottom seal started to leak. Frustrated with the wasted juice and mess it created I ran out to my LVS, and picked up a new pack of seals, this worked for another week or so however the problem persisted. After another week or so of wrapping my tank with paper towel, I set out to find a solution. Long story short nothing was working until I used Teflon tape. I used a strip about 3" long, taped both ends down and used a razor knife to cut roughly a 1/3 of the strip off length wise. Wrap it around the threads of the bottom piece of the tank make sure you wrap it clockwise so that it doesn't unwrap when you screw the tank back together, and try not to overlap it because it wont tighten down correctly with out a lot of force and you could end up cracking the glass, or damaging the threads. Once all this is done screw it back together fill it with your favorite juice and enjoy. I haven't had any issues with leaking since, I know its a bit of a hassle to do every time but between the money lost from wasted juice and the constant mess I was cleaning up I feel it's worth it. I hope this helps some people out take care and vape on.

Obsoletevaper

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I did as I said, however my tank continued to leak, it was slowed down for sure but the problem was still there, and juice is expensive so rather than go buy yet another set of O-rings I used Teflon tape problem solved. I will however order a set or two from the links you provided, maybe the ones my LVS carries were the old style or were faulty.

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I did as I said, however my tank continued to leak, it was slowed down for sure but the problem was still there, and juice is expensive so rather than go buy yet another set of O-rings I used Teflon tape problem solved. I will however order a set or two from the links you provided, maybe the ones my LVS carries were the old style or were faulty.
Make sure the Teflon tape you use is FDAD Food Grade Approved.

Obsoletevaper

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm pretty sure its OK to use considering there is little if any actual contact with the juice once the tank pieces are screwed back together, and there is no adhesive on the tape itself. Also Teflon plummer tape is used to seal the pipes we get our drinking water from, so again I'm pretty sure its alright to use as long as its not ingested, I just used what I have on hand though, I agree though that a food grade would be better.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors