Become a Patron!

Kanger Subtank got her in today totally awesome

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well I got in the Kanger Subtank a bit pricey at the moment but well worth it..I opened the box and here was this thing of beauty the best looking item Kanger has ever made the coils themselves are works of art not couting
the fact you can put in the rebuildable head.. They give you organic cotton 8 prebuilt do it yourself coils
two kanger coils a .5ohm that is installed and a 1.2ohm in the box. I cleaned her out real good
and I through some 50/50 18mg juice in big mistake.. This thing puts out as much as a RDA in vapor its huge just with the Kanger coils its such an improvement that I do not have words its a RDA and also a rebuildable.
Anyway I took about ten vapes and I got light headed stupid me should have never put 18mg 50/50 in it was such great flavor I was literally astounded. The prebuilt Kanger coils use organic cotton and without building it yourself its just awesome... This evening I decided to go ahead and build the rda coil that you can put in well I opened it and they were already nice enought to put a dual coil setup on it without cotton so I grabbed some Rayon as thats what the vape bar had and put the rayon in closed her up and I cannot say how great this is it just destroys my Orchid I have no reason for the Orchid I will probably throw it in a drawer.., Kanger has made a Vape changer
I have not had a leak and I have been vaping straight since 2pm they are pricey right now and the replaceable heads will be available in a few days.... Here is the bad news the Kanger heads are not backwards compatible with any of the line of the Kanger products I checked them all as I have them all.... I dont care I love this thing so much I have no words grab one you will love it best RBA I have ever seen and best all around atomizer IMHO ever built

tombaker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So you are saying the built square heads use organic cotton? So no dry burning to clean out the coils?

tombaker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
will be interesting how long the coils last.....but the coils were supposed to work in the new AeroTanks.....just NOT in the mini pro 3, and mini Aero

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Let me check again but did not fit when I tried earlier or the regular aerotank

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
nope none of them they are inns not outeys like the previous the Aerotank giant wont work the Turbo wont work with the new heads the Aerotank mega
the aerotank none of them at all... I myself do not care 6ML of juice thats just awesome its worth the investmenand Im using the kanger mini rda thingy that I build and its hitting actually better than the prebuilt coils way better than my orchid or kayfunsj go figure...

there ya have it

1rudedog

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
man I wish the co-op im in would have sent them to use!they didn't get the coils with them so now we wait til the coils come in....uhhhh hey!it is a rebuildable!!!that's why I bought it!crap!at least got a real person sayin its good and not someone getting free shit from kanger sayin its good.now another 2 weeks or some shit...dammit!!

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
man I wish the co-op im in would have sent them to use!they didn't get the coils with them so now we wait til the coils come in....uhhhh hey!it is a rebuildable!!!that's why I bought it!crap!at least got a real person sayin its good and not someone getting free shit from kanger sayin its good.now another 2 weeks or some shit...dammit!!
Yep it seems as of late man co-ops are not the way to go... they get things last or mid way the big guys get things first... I was waiting on this one
I love it its like having the best kayfun in the world with the awesome organic cotton kanger coils I was at the vape bar showing it off to the owners making them feel small well rubbing it in a bit. Some had no idea what it was haha others freaked out heres the guy next to me with his .2 ohm rda on a mech and my clouds are just as big and I am not a cloud chaser at all he kept looking hahaha it was kinda funny he was some Texas hillbilly we get all kinds down here in good ole Texas there is one drawback I forgot to mention to change from the Rebuildable unit to the Kanger coils you have to change the inside post I was disapointed with this but I understand why they did it its a real quality unit. And Kanger has not changed the head designs in so long maybe they will start making them for the older lines once they make their profit off of the subtank.. that would be nice but these coils are huge man like their own square RDA wild

tombaker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
nope none of them they are inns not outeys like the previous the Aerotank giant wont work the Turbo wont work with the new heads the Aerotank mega
the aerotank none of them at all... I myself do not care 6ML of juice thats just awesome its worth the investmenand Im using the kanger mini rda thingy that I build and its hitting actually better than the prebuilt coils way better than my orchid or kayfunsj go figure...

there ya have it
Yup you are right. http://www.kangeronline.com/products/kanger-subtank-clearomizer the tank from the first time they put out marketing on it, has changed. In just weeks. They were pitching some sort of dual plane coil or something like that name.....now its the OCC coil, which as you see in the link are 100% not compatible with anything else.

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Wow I was thinking of the atlantis but this sounds so much better!!! Atlantis heads you can't build either and they are priciest heads going... I tried it and it's not bad at all but I have all 18mg juices need to grab some 6

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Looks and sounds great. :)

What's with the 510 though, seems like it protrudes a lot?

R0016408_grande.jpg

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Any chance you can provide pics of the deck of the RBA head?

And any idea of what those would cost individually?

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I do want one but hope the price comes down. Best price I have seen is 40 bucks.

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Can you post a pic or two, or does it look like the promo pics they've put out? I'm glad to hear the RDA works well, that was my main selling point. If it beats the orchid, it may be worth the $50. Is it 28mm?

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
There is pbusardo review. I really want to see them put out a mini sub tank 22m and shorter. Throw out the rba capability since the premade is so easy to build. Surprisingly I'm more excited about building the premades after watching phils review just have to wait for a smaller tank made for these coils but either way I like this direction kanger is headed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't know why people think the price is so outrageous.. You are getting a RBA and a Clearo in one product for 40$.. it seems pretty reasonable to me..

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Only if you have spare cash, alot of us don't....
still, I will wait for the price drop....
Don't need it now but later would be cool maybe....

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Only if you have spare cash, alot of us don't....
still, I will wait for the price drop....
Don't need it now but later would be cool maybe....

it's same price as most RBA's when they get released.. it's not a crazy price when you are getting TWO devices in one.. plus 2 coils and as Scary stated a bunch of pre-made coils.. that actually seems quite reasonable.. I remember when Kayfuns for 50-60$.. no one was complaining about that

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well I got in the Kanger Subtank a bit pricey at the moment but well worth it..I opened the box and here was this thing of beauty the best looking item Kanger has ever made the coils themselves are works of art not couting
the fact you can put in the rebuildable head.. They give you organic cotton 8 prebuilt do it yourself coils
two kanger coils a .5ohm that is installed and a 1.2ohm in the box. I cleaned her out real good
and I through some 50/50 18mg juice in big mistake.. This thing puts out as much as a RDA in vapor its huge just with the Kanger coils its such an improvement that I do not have words its a RDA and also a rebuildable.
Anyway I took about ten vapes and I got light headed stupid me should have never put 18mg 50/50 in it was such great flavor I was literally astounded. The prebuilt Kanger coils use organic cotton and without building it yourself its just awesome... This evening I decided to go ahead and build the rda coil that you can put in well I opened it and they were already nice enought to put a dual coil setup on it without cotton so I grabbed some Rayon as thats what the vape bar had and put the rayon in closed her up and I cannot say how great this is it just destroys my Orchid I have no reason for the Orchid I will probably throw it in a drawer.., Kanger has made a Vape changer
I have not had a leak and I have been vaping straight since 2pm they are pricey right now and the replaceable heads will be available in a few days.... Here is the bad news the Kanger heads are not backwards compatible with any of the line of the Kanger products I checked them all as I have them all.... I dont care I love this thing so much I have no words grab one you will love it best RBA I have ever seen and best all around atomizer IMHO ever built

You fucker, you're going to make me go broke. Just ordered one.

RBVapes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Nice, can you post a pic, I'd like to see what the "shipping" one looks like vs the one Phil reviewed.

Wabah58

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks and sounds great. :)

What's with the 510 though, seems like it protrudes a lot?

R0016408_grande.jpg

I think it sticks down far cause it's a 25mm wide base and wont fit down in the 23mm devices, like the hana's. So the longer spring loaded pin should work with those devices.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nice, can you post a pic, I'd like to see what the "shipping" one looks like vs the one Phil reviewed.
It will be later this evening going out but sure will

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
LOL!

I would order one, but I don't have a nonmech mod to go with it, so that might get a little pricey:p
Any mod that can fire .5 and 20 watts upwards will suffice.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You fucker, you're going to make me go broke. Just ordered one.
Man I'm here to please haha it is sweeeeet
Haha you won't be sorry wait until you check out the manger coil I looked at it and was like fuck me this thing is huge and square like a Borg cube how cool

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Fasttech has 'em in for cheep: $39.59
https://www.fasttech.com/products/2010104

discussion
https://www.fasttech.com/forums/2010104

There's a thread here with nice pics: https://www.fasttech.com/forums/201...-to-post-any-internet-reviews-of-this?1487157

Here's another pic of the rebuildable "head"....basically, it's a tiny KF deck. :)

Kanger_Tech_Subtank_components.jpg

the square OOC thing...

2010104-5.jpg

Full view

2010104-10.jpg

Except you'll get the atomizer in late January after Aspire offers their new 5ml Atlantis with a rebuildable coil head.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Except you'll get the atomizer in late January after Aspire offers their new 5ml Atlantis with a rebuildable coil head.

LOL...probably. =)
Why I asked for a refund rather than a re-ship on my busted KF Quartz tank set....break it once, shame on them...

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I knew there was a reason I was holding off on that Atlantis. It sounds like they changed up the coils. Weren't they suppose to be backwards compatible at first?

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
LOL...probably. =)
Why I asked for a refund rather than a re-ship on my busted KF Quartz tank set....break it once, shame on them...
Sure it wasn't the USPS?

Steam Powered

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's a Kayfun with a pre built coil.
25mm kills it for me, top heavy and looks weird on most 18650 devices.
I'd be interested in a 22mm version without the Kayfun deck.
I like my Atlantis better.

tombaker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sure it wasn't the USPS?
as a former paperboy, that looks like a good throw to me.....its horizontal, he puts some spin on it, it should land well and dissipates the energy just fine on the slide on the ground....the spin helps. Less handling that the mechanical sorters.

tombaker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Is the deck so tiny that it's a PITA to build on?:mad:

Wow I was thinking of the atlantis but this sounds so much better!!! Atlantis heads you can't build either and they are priciest heads going... I tried it and it's not bad at all but I have all 18mg juices need to grab some 6

I was thinking the same, but with the OP saying the taste is so good on the Subtank, and the odds that you will be able to but 50 pre-made coils fitted for the tank for about 5-10 dollars (its going to be easy for them or others to stamp them out)....the it may be a RBA for dumbies.

On the Atlantis side, the coils listed for the Mini are 20 dollars on the Aspire site, and I can buy those for 10 dollar for 5 easily. Myfreedomsmokes blows them out for less when they have a 40% off coil sale, ever 3 or 4 weeks.

The Aspire site lists a 5 pack of Atlantis for 21. So as they catch up, and in a month or less, you should be able to get Atlantis coils for $11 for 5.

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was thinking the same, but with the OP saying the taste is so good on the Subtank, and the odds that you will be able to but 50 pre-made coils fitted for the tank for about 5-10 dollars (its going to be easy for them or others to stamp them out)....the it may be a RBA for dumbies.

On the Atlantis side, the coils listed for the Mini are 20 dollars on the Aspire site, and I can buy those for 10 dollar for 5 easily. Myfreedomsmokes blows them out for less when they have a 40% off coil sale, ever 3 or 4 weeks.

The Aspire site lists a 5 pack of Atlantis for 21. So as they catch up, and in a month or less, you should be able to get Atlantis coils for $11 for 5.
Thanks, Tom. You've got a point there with the pre-wrapped coils. My Aero Mega with the .8 coil heads puts out some good flavor so I can imagine the new subtank will be great. The KF-like deck is what makes this more intriguing to me than the Atlantis. I think the price, considering what you get in the whole package, beats the Atlantis.

When anyone mentions Aspire and their website I can't resist putting my 2 cents in. I'm not too happy with them right now, not only because I think they overprice their products on the site (S&H is a gouge, too) but their tech help has been less than helpful as well. This is my personal experience.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
And for me this is falling into the category where I sit back and wait for the vaping public at large to report on how this is working for them.

And also for it to be cloned and available for $20:D

Steam Powered

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
And for me this is falling into the category where I sit back and wait for the vaping public at large to report on how this is working for them.

I've had one for two days and it's a well made device that vapes good with no leaks or other problems so far.
The RDA deck is just like a Kayfun and I never liked that design, (but that's me, I know others love their KF) the stock coil heads are nice though.
But that 25mm size is goofy!!!! What was Kanger thinking?
I really hope they come up with a 22mm version with no RDA deck. Then it'll rival the Atlantis for on the go convenience.
If I want to build coils I've got plenty of atty's for that.
So for now when I go out to work I still grab my Atlantis and leave this monster at home to play with.

Drone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree with you Steam. At 25mm it looks like a muffin top atty, you know... a fat chick in skinny jeans. Just not my desired look. The Atlantis has a bit better airflow and a little more vapor, but both are quite fine in these areas for me. I saw PBs review and he thought the flavor was a bit better in the Subtank, I didn't notice much difference so both are fine for me in that regard. I don't really care about the build deck... lazy like that I guess when both tanks have very good stock replaceable heads. Atlantis heads are now 12.95 for 5 and last me 2 weeks each and I'm sure Subtank heads will be reasonable in a very short period of time, but I have no idea yet how long they will last. But I'm guessing they will last a week or 2 also, so no real difference there. I do like the larger juice capacity of the Subtank, but it's just not enough of a reason to put up with the muffin top look on my devices. It even looks silly on my IPV3. I too want a redesign to a 22mm Subtank even with less juice capacity and no build deck. Of course I would also like to see a 4 to 5ml Atlantis. If you can get past the looks I think the Subtank is great, I just can't get past the looks.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Bingo , surprised that so many are convinced by one review , it takes lots of reviews to convince me of anything.

Also agree the clone needs to be cheaper than $39.00 , rather get the real deal for $10.00 more .

VU Sponsors