Become a Patron!

Kanger subtank leaking?

TheGodZ

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ha,Ha? Dude how old are you 12? Went back and referenced these posts and got a new atlantis....Soooo TheGodZ (lame handle btw) whose laughin now...dick!
I got a refund, got an atlantis and now i have a nano... Wtf is wrong with you?

I get leaking from the air holes. I tried adding a tiny amount of cotton, but it restricts airflow so much I can't draw through it. I keep removing and trying lesser amounts of cotton, but to no avail. Maybe I'm putting it in the wrong place. I put it straight down the center of the atomizer. Is it supposed to go outside of the coil, between the coil and the wall?

Hey i didnt found the info I was looking for but i own a kanger subtank that i realy love the taste is amazing...

Only one thing its pissing juice every where. From the vent holes and from the bottom glass... Its anoying... The store offered me to swap it for a atlantis but i like my subtank..

By any chance anyone found a fix for this?

At the store where i bought it were 3 on 3 thats having leaking problem. Kanger failed once again on that side lol

Thanks!
Mine is not even 2 Months Old Leaks Everywhere Binds When you go together but only with any coil installed and that makes it leak out the air hole .No Coil installed and it screws Smooth as silk its Junk .and what Sucks is it Taste Awesome but I got a Herakles Never Leaks a Drop Seriously and Taste Perfect t Sucks Heard there are New Seals out But It won,t Fix the hole Alignment Design Issue the only fix is redesign and a Credit for the piece of POO POO towards the redesigned replacement

Sir You are a lifesaver I have tried the "add extra cotton" method with prebuilt and RBA's worked like a champ no leaks for quite some time now...the fix action for me was not enough cotton
I've got a question for you... have you switched from using the stock drip-tip on any of the tanks that leak?

Mine is not even 2 Months Old Leaks Everywhere Binds When you go together but only with any coil installed and that makes it leak out the air hole .No Coil installed and it screws Smooth as silk its Junk .and what Sucks is it Taste Awesome but I got a Herakles Never Leaks a Drop Seriously and Taste Perfect t Sucks Heard there are New Seals out But It won,t Fix the hole Alignment Design Issue the only fix is redesign and a Credit for the piece of POO POO towards the redesigned replacement
I have a question for you.. have you switched your tank tip... say to a favorite tip or any non-stock tip?

The subtank mini is mathematically designed to work flawlessly. Of course, because it's mass produced in Shanghai there will be some flaws in some tanks because of the chinese mass manufacturing techniques. (As an engineer) I know this because I've blueprinted the Kanger tank... and did it just to check the actual airflow specs.
I've found that if you are not using the stock tip then you're not getting the required airflow to burn off all the juice in the BVC coil. Of course there's going to be a certain amount of condensation you're going to have to contend with and the golden rule also apply's. That being "cleanliness is next to godliness". Every few tanks full pull off the coil, rinse in warm water... let dry or dry thoroughly then reassemble. if you see any sliding of the glass tank itself it may be because of a shifting of the interior framework. The O-rings are also removable and cleanable. Lightly cover these with a thin coat of fluid during reassembly. The stock tip is crucial because it's designed to allow proper airflow through the tank. I'm sure most people that have this problem have switched out their stock tip for a "favorite" and most of these have much smaller air holes than the tip that comes with the tank. If you find your inhale is too hot, back down on the wattage a little. Another cure for heat is to get one of those latex/vinyl tip covers from your favorite vape shop and slip that over your tip. Make sure to widen the hole a bit bigger than it is to compensate for the airflow. Go back to your stock tip and see if it doesn't cure the leaking from the air ports issue. Thanks for listening...

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have an original Subtank, and it has weeped at the bottom o-ring since the day I got it. I have changed the o-ring multiple times, and tighten the base as tight as possible and nothing helps. Great flavor from the tank, but always have to keep a rag handy to wipe the base up with several times a day. :(

Ya Its to Bad it has great Flavor Production but to Messy I bought a Black Herakles put it on my Sub tank Box mod it hits even better than the Subtank Mini and Has a Excellent NO LEAK Design and I had just bought the Kanger after a month of Lossing High Dollar Juice every time and the Yuk Juice on my Fingers ordeal I bought another there is no Fix offered by Captain Kanger Tech .A Top Company Doing Nothing to Support a Product Tells Me alot about a Product and a Company.Buy a New Sub Tank you will be Glad you did

emsvapor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Mine would leak when the coil needed to be replaced. Change the coil and good for about 2 weeks then start again and replace the coil no problem

Sent from my C6725 using Tapatalk

Slurp812

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't a clue why, but my subtank almost never leaks? I recently changed the gaskets with some light green ones I got from slow tech, and it leaks even less! I always use 100% VG slightly watered down...

is anyone having leaking and or gurgling from the vertical coils?
to me it seems to be a coil problem
where can i find horizontal coils

No thats not the isses
actually it could quite possibly be the problem. As I stated in a latter post (as an engineer) when I started having the dripping from the intake ports issue I did what I usually do. I blueprinted the device. I took in to the overall equation sizes if the glass tank minus the Stainless steel frameminus tell tube diameter, true interior, volume of airflow without a tip, with a tip using both stock and non stock drip tips. a the Kager tank ismatematically sound with the orignal/stock tip. You will find the bore fthe stock tip a lot larger Tha normal tips which promote less airflow and more condensation. So, yes if you are using the non stock tip then that may very well be the cause of leaking from the intake ports. if you have problems wit heat, back down on your wattage just a little bit. Also you can get one of those rubber tip covers from your local store and widen the hole just a tab. This will act as an isolator between your lips and the metal tip. Unfortunately nothing to be done about the heat generated from the evaporating coil. Also remember that cleanliness is next to Godliness so keep your tank clean as often as you can. I recommend using "Everclear" for any alcohol needs. no sense in poisoning yourself wit Isopropyl Alchol... I hope this helps some. if you fi d your O-rings leaking, the original kit comes with a replacement set and most "good" shops will have replacement genre O-rings I stock... God luck with your fix. I've had great luck with mine as long as I keep it clean.

Guys.. I had the same problem with Subtank V2 and I FOUND out what was wrong!
I had many leaks from the lowest part and I thought the packing was wrong.
Beleive it or not, all leaks stopped and my Subtank is perfectly dry, as soon as I STOPPED BLOWING air IN IT !
Used from cigarettes smoking, we blow out air inbetween sucking phases.
The result is wet air coming out through the lowest part of Subtank which feels like leak later on, but its not!
Subtank is SUPER. Just stop blowing air in it, and try to continue sucking for 1 sec after you release the battery button
so that no wet air is left in the breathing tube.

Last edited:

RobbieR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
is anyone having leaking and or gurgling from the vertical coils?
to me it seems to be a coil problem
where can i find horizontal coils

I have not had any leaks with the vertical coils,(neither of my Subtank Minis have leaked in months) but I did get the gurgling with 0.5 ohm Vertical OCC's. The gurgling drove me nuts, it felt like I was trying to suck the last couple drops of liquid out of the bottom of a drink with a straw. I know I am in the minority with this, but I did not like the Vertical OCC's. I prefer the the original horizontal coils. Recently I started using the RBA and I like it the best out of the 3 coil options you have with the Subtank Mini. Cheapest option too.

Hi everyone, i recently bought kanger subtank plus and after a couple of days it started to leak badly as hell through the vent holes.
What i have discovered, the reason behind it in my case is not the rubber gusket nor the O rings but the acctual air flow tube that goes inside
the coil. If you take out the coil and try to screw the top part to the bottom it twists consistently without any interruptions. Now with the coil in when screwing both parts together it twists ok but half the turn it will be a bit harder than the other half turn. Reason behind it either the airflow pipe not being centred and therefore it causes the coil being in place at an angle or the thread on the coil is not centred and therefore the same outcome - a gap in between the coil seal (inside the coil - plastick seal) and the air pipe which causes e-juice sip down to the air vent chamber. Unfortunately i have not yet found a resolution to solve the problem yet as i have only yeasterday found it out but at least i now know where the problem is. I hope this is of some help.

Last edited:

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The Orange O-rings inside of the 1.2 ohm (horizontal coil) heads seem bigger than the
White ones on the newer vertical occ heads.
Seem to fit the chimney better anyhow.
Only occasional minor weeping now.

Can't get the glass to come off tho as I wanted to put the black o-rings on.
Afraid of breaking it or cutting my fingers off:eek:.

Last edited:
The Orange O-rings inside of the 1.2 ohm (horizontal coil) heads seem bigger than the
White ones on the newer vertical occ heads.
Seem to fit the chimney better anyhow.
Only occasional minor weeping now.

Can't get the glass to come off tho as I wanted to put the black o-rings on.
Afraid of breaking it or cutting my fingers off:eek:.

To get the glass off try to use dental floss. Put dental floss inbetween the glass and the top bit and reel it untill the glass gets a bit loose. Then rinse with warm water and try to get it off.

Hey i didnt found the info I was looking for but i own a kanger subtank that i realy love the taste is amazing...

Only one thing its pissing juice every where. From the vent holes and from the bottom glass... Its anoying... The store offered me to swap it for a atlantis but i like my subtank..

By any chance anyone found a fix for this?

At the store where i bought it were 3 on 3 thats having leaking problem. Kanger failed once again on that side lol

Thanks!

Hi.
I have just noticed that this question was last year, so guess you will now know the answers, but for newbies to vapingunderground like myself, I have found a couple of fixes to the leaking issue.

When I first got my sub-kit which was a mini tank on an adjustable mini-mod, I had probs with leaking and I had bought this because I had one of the first sub-tanks that kanger brought out and that also leaked, I ran that one on a K-box so was limited just to 40w. I really liked the newer mini that uses the vertical coils, but it did leak,, especially when left.
I have found that I was doing it up "too tight", you would think, as I did that it needed to be as tight as you could get it, but not really.. I could see from 'Over-tightening' I had caused some groves in the o-rings thus making them less useful.

In my kit I got a spare set of o-rings (I read in these threads that they were not given, but mine were) so changed to the new ones, then when I screwed it up till there was no more room and gave it just a 'Nip' tighter!! From then on I got 'NO' leaks from that area, so good where the tank screwed up..

The other area that gives a few issues is leaking out of the air holes, this it does for me after about "6-9 fill ups".. I've found this is from when the tank is either 'below half full and the tank is left upright' - or just because the coil has seen a lot of use.....
What I have found is, if after 6 or so fill ups, when I take it apart to fill it, I unscrew the coil from the base {{ make sure you still have the RUBBER o-ring on the coil }} and run the base under the tap with water (slightly warm is best) then get some paper towel and dry the inside, so, at the same time you are cleaning the air hole base unit,, also while you have it out, clean the inside of the coil, by running that too under the tap and then clean and dry that with paper towel (that you have twisted to a point) ((here you might find some black soot type stuff comes off, "All to the good")) Re- put a few drops of your Juice in the coil and the holes of the coil,, to replace any water from cleaning and you are good to go again......
Hope that helps a few people to have a better Vaping experience and also save a bit of cash by making the coils last a bit longer.... howler

I've been using the Kanger Subtank Mini for a while now. It does leaks once in a while , but nothing that bad. I used to owned an Atlantis and it was ok, it also leaked once in a while.Probably more often than the Kanger tank.

Hi there,
Some of the answers from the Kanger Customer Care in regards my leakage from the air holes.

Hello,
I am sorry for your case.
Please check the seal ring of your coil and tank is perfect and you assemble your tank tight.
Makesure the juice channel of the coil is blocked by cotton completely.You can change a new coil to check it.

And the subtank series generate huge vape,which will condense inside the tank,you need to clean the tank daily by flushing the air flow base and glass under tape water ,and then blow the water between the gap of the adjusting ring .

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for quick reply.
It all been checked and the seals are all good and tight.
I have chenged many new coils and the result is still the same - leakage.
Even after a thourough wash, the subtank does not leak for 3-4 hours and then starts to leak
again from the air flow.

SUBTANK series generate huge vapor,after period of time, if you pick down the drip tip, you can saw quite a lot of juice accumulate beneath it because the hot juice condense there.these juice will flow downs and towards the air flow base.
In case a period of time without removing these juice droplet, it will overflow which seem as leaks.
Therefore end user need to keep both the drip tip and the air flow base clean and dry to prevent such symptom happen.
The most simple way is using the tape water, drain these two parts completely. For the air flow base, use mouth to blow out all water between the gap of the adjusting ring
and keep it as dry as possible for daily maintenance.

I've had my Subtank Plus for about two months now. It leaks like crazy out of the airflow. I know it's from the airflow vents because if I tip it sideways, I see it drip two or three large drops from the airflow vent. It only takes about 3 puffs for this to happen, so I definitely do not think it's a condensation issue. I don't care how huge the vapor clouds are, there is no way it's condensing 3 large drops in 3 puffs.

The shop I bought it from won't refund me, but they did offer me a discount on the Atlantis. God, that tank is even worse. I've gone through five coils, primed perfectly, from three different "batches" and they all taste burnt. I've been told that is common among those tanks. Can't get a refund with that one, either. I'm definitely going to switch to another shop.

So, I'm just sticking with my Subtank Plus until I can switch completely over to something else. Maybe a Smok tank. I really dig the extra capacity, though. Maybe having a top filling tank won't be so bad having to carry a bottle around with me all the time. At least it will be easier to fill.

///M Vapor

Member For 4 Years
I've had my Subtank Plus for about two months now. It leaks like crazy out of the airflow. I know it's from the airflow vents because if I tip it sideways, I see it drip two or three large drops from the airflow vent. It only takes about 3 puffs for this to happen, so I definitely do not think it's a condensation issue. I don't care how huge the vapor clouds are, there is no way it's condensing 3 large drops in 3 puffs.

The shop I bought it from won't refund me, but they did offer me a discount on the Atlantis. God, that tank is even worse. I've gone through five coils, primed perfectly, from three different "batches" and they all taste burnt. I've been told that is common among those tanks. Can't get a refund with that one, either. I'm definitely going to switch to another shop.

So, I'm just sticking with my Subtank Plus until I can switch completely over to something else. Maybe a Smok tank. I really dig the extra capacity, though. Maybe having a top filling tank won't be so bad having to carry a bottle around with me all the time. At least it will be easier to fill.

For a leak free experience, you might want to give the Innokin iSub APEX 5 ML tank a shot. I have one. It works great and never leaks. Plus, it's top filling, so that's a very nice feature. However, it's not aesthetically pleasing as far looks go. Plus, it fogs up, but it still works great though. Just don't over fill it. You'll regret it. You'll have to empty it, wash it out, let it dry, and fill it all over again.

Just for the record, the Kanger Subtank Plus was the very first tank I bought.

Before I bought the Innokin, I tried replacing it with the Uwell Crown and Aspire Cleito, but they didn't get the job down. They leaked worse than the Kanger did. Both are now sitting on the shelf, looking pretty, and not being used.

Also, since I vape 2 flavors, I rotate between the Innokin and the Kanger, and lately the Kanger has been virtually leak free. Unfortunately, I really can't explain why or what I did differently, but it's been performing flawlessly for me.

So I finally have 2 tanks that work very well for me.

Slurp812

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe thicker Juice? If I shake mine around, or leave it in the car in the sun, it leaks all over.

For a leak free experience, you might want to give the Innokin iSub APEX 5 ML tank a shot. I have one. It works great and never leaks. Plus, it's top filling, so that's a very nice feature. However, it's not aesthetically pleasing as far looks go. Plus, it fogs up, but it still works great though. Just don't over fill it. You'll regret it. You'll have to empty it, wash it out, let it dry, and fill it all over again.

Just for the record, the Kanger Subtank Plus was the very first tank I bought.

Before I bought the Innokin, I tried replacing it with the Uwell Crown and Aspire Cleito, but they didn't get the job down. They leaked worse than the Kanger did. Both are now sitting on the shelf, looking pretty, and not being used.

Also, since I vape 2 flavors, I rotate between the Innokin and the Kanger, and lately the Kanger has been virtually leak free. Unfortunately, I really can't explain why or what I did differently, but it's been performing flawlessly for me.

So I finally have 2 tanks that work very well for me.

I recently picked up a Tobeco Supertank. No leaking at all, no matter what I do with it. The only bad thing is the extra coils I got for it have a really weird taste to them. So, I'm going back to get different coils. I don't know if it's because they're kanthal or what, but I tried three of them just in case I got one bad one.

dcarpentier

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
FWIW, my subtank mini was filling up the air chamber and then leaking out the air intake holes.
I shoved a wee bit of cotton down to the very bottom of the coil, no leaks since.
I MTL on the tank, and I didnt notice any diff of draw..

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
FWIW, my subtank mini was filling up the air chamber and then leaking out the air intake holes.
I shoved a wee bit of cotton down to the very bottom of the coil, no leaks since.
I MTL on the tank, and I didnt notice any diff of draw..
Over the air hole under the coil?

dcarpentier

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Over the air hole under the coil?
Ya, just shoved a tiny wad from the top right down until I could see it in the air inlet 'cage' at the bottom. I made sure it all stayed within the cage itself.
Im not sure where the top of the wad is exactly, in relation to the existing cotton and coil.. I should have looked but didnt.

VU Sponsors