Kanger Subtank melting!

Ngkon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well I had an issue with my voltage fluctuating and figured the tank was loose. I tightened the tank and there was no voltage variation but the vape felt week. A few pulls later and I taste and smelled melting rubber. Upon inspection (I pulled the base off the coil) I found that the positive had cut through the insulator and was apparently shorting on the coil body. I was able to spin the insulator and now it is fine. Fyi I am vaping a light tobacco on the .5 coil at 25watts, the coil is a week old and I am a heavy vapor.
Just wanted to see if anyone has had any issues.

Dr3d

Yes. What was the question?
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, yes I did.

The insulator on the installed .5 coil was crap. IMO, Kangertech cut some corners playing catch-up after Aspire beat them to market with the Atlantis. Mixed feelings 'cause I think the Kanger is a superior product and it meets my needs much better than the Atlantis so I'm glad they spent more time testing and developing. It sucks that they cut corners with hurry up manufacturing.

Heck the package smelled of machine oil before I had it all the way opened. My Smok Sidewinder bit the dust behind the jacked up insulator - no great loss since I didn't use it for anything, and better a fried positive pin wire than a damaged battery. In the end, I killed the Smok 'cause I was too eager to properly inspect parts on reassembly after their ultrasonic, anti-machine oil bath.

Anyway, after installing it on my SX Zero, I noticed the resistance reading was changing with the music. So, I pulled the atomiserl and found the insulation was crumbling I switched to the 1.2 coil and all was good. Also, the pack of .5s I ordered got here yesterday and they are built properly.

Ngkon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Whew, I was thinking I was the only one. I searched for melting issues and I couldn't find any. Hopefully they address the issue because I love this tank. I've had no leaking, gurgling or dry hits although the melted rubber tasted pretty awful!

mattallen

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I had an issue with the .5 coil as well, Least I think it was the coil. My fire button had gotten extremely warm and there was a awful taste in the vape. Put in the RBA to try out and had no issues vapeing all day yesterday. Put 1.2 coil in this morning and have had no issues.

I'm loving this tank though, its been pleasant to vape with

VU Sponsors