Become a Patron!

Kanger subtank nano glass issue

Hey gang. First off, this is my first post, as I am still fairly new to vaping (about 3 months). I'm having a bit of a technical issue.

So I broke the glass on my kanger subtank nano, and had to replace it. I'm assuming that I did something wrong while replacing it, because I'm having a very annoying issue. Forgive me if my terminology is wrong.

Before I replaced the glass, when I was opening the tank to refill my juice, the glass tube remained intact with the top portion (where the tip is located.) Since replacing it, whenever I unscrew the tank to refill, the glass and the "top" come apart. From what I read, these things come pressure-sealed right out of the factory, and I seem to have screwed something up.

I used to be able to just unscrew the tank, fill it up, and that was that. NOW, I have to remove the tip, place the tank flush on my counter, and physically hold the glass in place while I screw it back on. It almost always causes a mess.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I thought maybe I had put the o-ring on incorrectly or something, but that wasn't it. I then switched out the o-ring entirely. Still nothing.

Does this make sense? Can you picture it? Please let me know if clarification is required. Maybe I can post a video or something.

Long story short, why isn't the glass tube staying attached to the top anymore?

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Its not un common for the glass to stick to the rubber seal..ive had a few tanks that have done this before and its not a problem to have it break free from the seal...they are actually supposed to, to be able to replace seals and take it apart for cleaning...maybe a little more of a task to re assmble but thats basicly pretty normal.

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If I am understanding you right, and a picture might help make sure...E-liquid is sticky when it dries a little....

Oh, where are my mannors....welcome to vaping underground and congrats on making the switch bud! :)

ok, where was i....ok yeah....so if I am understanding you right you replaced the o-rings that seal the glass of the tank in place so the liquid won't leak out and everytime you unscrew the bottom the o-rings don't hold the glass in place and the glass slides off with the bottom of the tank as you remove it right?

Ok so if that's the problem there is a couple things you can try...you can order another set of o-rings and glass and replace them at the same time together and see if that fixes it or just replace the o-rings with new ones...you can get them in several different colors for the big subtanks so I think you can as well for the little ones....the next time before you fill your tank you can drain it completely however you're able, hopefully able to save that little bit of liquid as well because no one likes to waste liquid so I understand that one, anyways rub some e-liquid on both sides of the o-ring. Not so much that it's over saturated but just enough to get it wet. Like I said, eliquid is sticky, with just the right amount of it the liquid can act as a sealant holding your tank in place without bonding it so tight to the metal you can still remove it to clean your tank if need be....if that doesn't work you'll need to get another set of o-rings to fix the problem for sure and I am sorry about that but I don't know what else to say....

Just like the OCC coils, these replacement parts are mass produced and a few of them can be off a few microns but still within tolarence so they slide threw qc and then you get screwed.

Best of luck to you bud

You nailed it. I'll give that a whirl for sure. I spoke to someone else who suggested tightening the U-shaped post in the center of the tank and that may help. I'm gonna wait til I finish off this tank (the juice is called "Ass Cream Pie" and I just can't waste a drop of the wonderful stuff) and then do some more surgery on the little fella. I'll post a followup if I resolve the issue.

Thanks for the warm welcomes! I'm loving everything about it so far.

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@mnijmrichard ....I'm glad you like it here bud and hope that the advice we gave you will work without having to buy another glass and o-rings...but if you have the couple bucks it's always good to have a couple spares on hand because accidents happen when you least expect them and the last thing you need as a newer vaper is to be without your vape....we have a saying in the vape world..."always have a back up for your back up for your back up."

It would be good to get a second mod, even if it's just a little eGo style battery for a couple bucks, and at least 2 spare tanks, even if they're cheap little Evod 1 style clearo's or something. They may not give you the same vape as what you've got now but it's better to have something there for an emergency than nothing at all...in my work bag with my tools I carry two spare batteries, two spare tanks, spare coils for my main tanks, wick and wire for my kayfun as well as a plastic window section, and cotton for wicking and some liquid of course....do I need this stuff, rarely since I carry two mods and tanks every day I rarely have to dive into my back up stash...but there are times I've needed it...I've had mods unlock in my pocket and completely burn up cotton wicks in my Kayfuns or an OCC coil in my Subtank or an Atlantis coil...I've rebuild a Kayfun on my "break" at work as well as had to wick a few times...I always need juice when the job goes over and we work late....and when I first started vaping I bought a dozen 650 mah egos and 20 evod tanks because I always seems to drop and break them at least twice a month...when I switched from a evod to a mini protank 2 I bought a dozen glass replacements as well as several spare o-rings....I used 9 of the 12 glasses before I switched completely to rebuildables....I am not saying you're as big as a clutz as I am....just pointing out how things can happen when you least expect it and it's good to be prepared than to fall to temptation when you're doing so well.

Wishing you the best of luck and happy vaping on your new journey :)

VU Sponsors