Become a Patron!

Kanger Subtank RBA and RBASupplies Coilmaster

brianh54

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Okay, so I figured if I want to get into cloud chasing for real, it would be a real good idea to use my mini RBA coil head. What I want to know is what others have experienced using this part of the Subtank, such as what gauge wire, resistance should I go for, and the spacing of the coil being made, with reference to the Coilmaster in regards to wrapping coils (1.0-3.0). Please and thanks, help is appreciated!!!

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I use 26g and 2.5 - 3.0 mm. I wrap the 26g in parallel with a piece of 24g then remove the 24g. Comes out near perfect.
ZPg1tC4.jpg

Professor Snape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Okay, so I figured if I want to get into cloud chasing for real, it would be a real good idea to use my mini RBA coil head. What I want to know is what others have experienced using this part of the Subtank, such as what gauge wire, resistance should I go for, and the spacing of the coil being made, with reference to the Coilmaster in regards to wrapping coils (1.0-3.0). Please and thanks, help is appreciated!!!
I'm sorry, but I just did not have much success with the RBA in my SubTank Mini, but for what it's worth, here is my recommendation: a 1.2 ohm build using 28 guage kanthal. There is a fantastic web site that has helped me tremendously when it comes to building coils, it's www.steam-engine.org. The coil wrapping section of Steam-engine should be helpful with the rest of the information you need to build the coil. If your into "cloud chasing" I'd be looking at RDA's.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm sorry, but I just did not have much success with the RBA in my SubTank Mini, but for what it's worth, here is my recommendation: a 1.2 ohm build using 28 guage kanthal.
I think the second part of your statement contributed to the first part.

fiveOclock

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I use 26g and 2.5 - 3.0 mm. I wrap the 26g in parallel with a piece of 24g then remove the 24g. Comes out near perfect.
ZPg1tC4.jpg
Nice looking coil.
Try using #4-40 Machine Screw. It should give you similar coil size but much easier to wrap/build.
Since the screw "bites" the coil, it is much easier to position on the deck. (ex. move little to the left/right)

dave/jayce

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If it's clouds your looking for I recommend getting an rda with proper batteries and mod to match.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The key with getting the RBA head to wick properly is very thick wicking - much more than is usual, and so much so that you have to be careful not to deform the coil (there was a long discussion about this on another forum, and I didn't believe it until I tried it on all three subtanks)!

brianh54

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If it's clouds your looking for I recommend getting an rda with proper batteries and mod to match.
Right now I'm experimenting with this CLT Infinite V3 RDA I got from my local B&M for $35, so far it's cool, but I don't know what carb to use to get a full cloud. I'm new to the rebuildable scene, to be honest. I wanted to experiment with both the RBA and an RDA to get my coil wrapping correctly. The only thing is, how do I get a preferred ohmage of around .2? Is there a specific amount of times you have to wrap? 5? 6? From the build that I got, it looks like he wrapped it 6 times on each coil in my RDA and got a .2 resistance. Do certain wires have to do with that? I know kanther (or however it is pronounced) is a good wire, but what g? 24g? 28g?

The key with getting the RBA head to wick properly is very thick wicking - much more than is usual, and so much so that you have to be careful not to deform the coil (there was a long discussion about this on another forum, and I didn't believe it until I tried it on all three subtanks)!
Wicking with the cotton, correct? As I did mention, getting my feet into this rebuildable business so I can save even more money on coils and stuff.

EDIT: Also, in an RDA, when is it best to replace the coil/cotton? Right now it still hits and I got this build a week and a half ago. I constantly vape as well, so about 250-400 puffs a day.

dave/jayce

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Right now I'm experimenting with this CLT Infinite V3 RDA I got from my local B&M for $35, so far it's cool, but I don't know what carb to use to get a full cloud. I'm new to the rebuildable scene, to be honest. I wanted to experiment with both the RBA and an RDA to get my coil wrapping correctly. The only thing is, how do I get a preferred ohmage of around .2? Is there a specific amount of times you have to wrap? 5? 6? From the build that I got, it looks like he wrapped it 6 times on each coil in my RDA and got a .2 resistance. Do certain wires have to do with that? I know kanther (or however it is pronounced) is a good wire, but what g? 24g? 28g?

Wicking with the cotton, correct? As I did mention, getting my feet into this rebuildable business so I can save even more money on coils and stuff.

EDIT: Also, in an RDA, when is it best to replace the coil/cotton? Right now it still hits and I got this build a week and a half ago. I constantly vape as well, so about 250-400 puffs a day.
It all matters what you mentioned. The wire gauge, amount of wraps, diameter of the inside of your coil. You have the right rda for clouds, that's for sure, I use the clt v2plus. I want that version 3, im a lil jealous. Try coiltoy.com, it's a calculator if you will, for getting the targeted ohm's your wanting. I use it from if I'm looking for a specific ohm's I'm trying to hit. I use Japanese cotton, LOVE IT!!!! However organic cotton works well and a lot of ppl like rayon. I split a box of 150 sheets of Japanese cotton about 4months ago and still have plenty left.

VU Sponsors