Become a Patron!

Kanger Subtank RBA deck

Analias

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just tried this thingie out for the first time today. What the hell, Kanger was nice enough to include it in the Subtank Mini Kit. Used the pre-made single coil that came with it, a spaced 2mm(?) rascal that reads .5 ohms. Pulled the wick through the top of the chimney, cut it, and tucked it down and in like wicking my Gobbler mini. Works pretty well! Surprise, surprise! Looks nice inside the after market hand blown glass specimen jar replacement tank I got too. A round peg in a round hole.

Anybody got any favorite builds for one of these? Any tips and tricks? Bring it on Humans!

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've tried twisted, Clapton, Ni, Kanthal. 4 wraps, 12 wraps. 24awg 26awg 26,28, and 32 Ni

I generally circle back to Kanthal 26 3mm 5 wraps, every time. That's where I find the best flavor for my ADV in my Kanger.

Sorry I don't have anything fancy to give you.

Analias

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've tried twisted, Clapton, Ni, Kanthal. 4 wraps, 12 wraps. 24awg 26awg 26,28, and 32 Ni

I generally circle back to Kanthal 26 3mm 5 wraps, every time. That's where I find the best flavor for my ADV in my Kanger.

Sorry I don't have anything fancy to give you.

Fancy, schmancy. I just want what works! I won this mod and tank in a Twelve Vapors contest and I have been pleasantly surprised and pleased with its performance.
"Oh, so it's a simple coil? Easy to build? I'd never put THAT in my RBA! I must have stapled claptons!"
Thanks @PuffPuffPass , this is exactly the kind of info I was looking for.
Final questions, spaced or contact? What resistance are you getting?

VU Sponsors