Become a Patron!

Kanger subtank vs Innokin iSub

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I got a subtank plus that I use with stock coils for work, and also got 3 subtank mini's that I use at home with the RBA heads.

I have no problems with the subtank mini's at home, but sometimes the subtank plus with stock coils start to leak for no reason, so thinking of trying another brand subtank, been looking at the isub by innokin, I like it has horizontal prebuilt coils (found vertical coils irritate my throat) and they are pretty cheap too.

I don't care about vaping at high watts, normally vape my subtanks between 23-25 watts.

Anyone got or had both and give your opinion on how they compare :)

attackonthebass

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have a subtank mini & it was my 1st subtank after using the ego style vape pens & I loved it @ first. Then after a while I had a few coils that were leaking as well. I stopped in Hyperion & was talking with this guy & saw the Innokin plastic tank on his hana & I asked him how he liked it & he then proceeded to pull out 3 of them & he said " I love them". He too had a subtank & said he broke the glass twice & his also leaked.

So i bought one for 15 bucks & figured wtf, I've wasted more than 15 bucks on a lot of other vape stuff. It's now my go to subtank, I also have an arctic which is nice but I really like the innokin. I was hesitant because of the plastic tank but it's held up pretty well & the taste is great.

Changing coils is super easy & they're also cheap. I just recently seen that they released another tank that looks the same but it has a glass tank.

The only downfall that some people might not like is that you can't change the drip tip, but it doesn't bother me.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have a subtank mini & it was my 1st subtank after using the ego style vape pens & I loved it @ first. Then after a while I had a few coils that were leaking as well. I stopped in Hyperion & was talking with this guy & saw the Innokin plastic tank on his hana & I asked him how he liked it & he then proceeded to pull out 3 of them & he said " I love them". He too had a subtank & said he broke the glass twice & his also leaked.

So i bought one for 15 bucks & figured wtf, I've wasted more than 15 bucks on a lot of other vape stuff. It's now my go to subtank, I also have an arctic which is nice but I really like the innokin. I was hesitant because of the plastic tank but it's held up pretty well & the taste is great.

Changing coils is super easy & they're also cheap. I just recently seen that they released another tank that looks the same but it has a glass tank.

The only downfall that some people might not like is that you can't change the drip tip, but it doesn't bother me.

Thank you for your reply @attackonthebass that is good to hear, I know the glass one does have a removable drip tip, and yes the price of the tank and coils has got me really tempted, even the glass tank is only $20.

attackonthebass

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I actually saw the glass tank while @ vapes & vapors yesterday but I've already got 3 subtanks. Let me know what you think, I thought I saw it onsale @VaporDNA

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I did nearly order, but going to hold off till next weekend,as there will be sales going on being 4th July and think I am going for the glass tank version, as I want to be able to change the drip tip, I had metal drip tips on the subtanks, and they got too warm for my liking, so want to be able to use a delrin drip tip on it.

rudogg760

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My two reviews on it. I prefer it over the kanger subtank

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

rudogg760

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I did nearly order, but going to hold off till next weekend,as there will be sales going on being 4th July and think I am going for the glass tank version, as I want to be able to change the drip tip, I had metal drip tips on the subtanks, and they got too warm for my liking, so want to be able to use a delrin drip tip on it.
The isub does not get hot. Your not throwing enough watts at it to get hot. Thats another reason i like it, its very efficient. My silo beast i have to throw 60 watts at it but its a damn good vape, on my geeco flask the batts lasts about a day. With the isub i can go 2-3 days between charges.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I did get the isub yesterday and used it all day at work, you are right @rudogg760 the drip tip never even got warm at all.

So far I am happy with isub, vaping it at the same 25 watts I vaped the subtank at, and flavor is just as good as the subtank. What I am very happy with, is not had a single droplet of juice leak from it at all, which is why I wanted to change from the subtank, so I think the isub was very much worth the money :)

rudogg760

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I did get the isub yesterday and used it all day at work, you are right @rudogg760 the drip tip never even got warm at all.

So far I am happy with isub, vaping it at the same 25 watts I vaped the subtank at, and flavor is just as good as the subtank. What I am very happy with, is not had a single droplet of juice leak from it at all, which is why I wanted to change from the subtank, so I think the isub was very much worth the money :)
Glad you like it!

attackonthebass

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Not sure how but my chimney piece detached from the drip tip

When I first purchased it I tried to remove the drip tip & the chimney, I didn't realize at the time that they weren't removable.

I love my kanger as well but I preferred the isub flavor, I think I'm going to pick up another one even though the 1st broke

For 12 bucks for a tank, you can't go wrong.

attackonthebass

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The one thing I don't like about the isub is spit back, I noticed on juices less than 70% vg, I sometimes feel like I'm drinking the juice.

I bought some .2 coils, not sure if that will make any difference, however I did put some max vg juice in the tank & didn't get nearly any spit back.

Not sure if I wasn't paying attention on my last isub that I broke, but I took a piece of toilet paper & put it over the isub drip tip & took a rip & the tp was drenched with a 65%pg juice. I was wondering why my throat was hurting, I guess drinking the juice may cause a sore throat.

who knew.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
One of the things I like about it is the screen and lack of spit back.

Last edited:

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm not getting any spitback with mine and using 50/50 juice.

This weekend I rewicked the stock coil, and took the screen off the coil, I didn't bother putting it back on and no problems.

Will say I am now getting a very small amount of leakage from the air holes, and that started before I re-wicked the coil, maybe it is because I use 50/50 juice, but it isn't as bad as the subtank was though.

I was thinking of getting the isub-g, but puts me off a bit that innokin don't give any spare orings with these tanks, as swapping them out can help with leaking problems.

attackonthebass

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm not getting any spitback with mine and using 50/50 juice.

This weekend I rewicked the stock coil, and took the screen off the coil, I didn't bother putting it back on and no problems.

Will say I am now getting a very small amount of leakage from the air holes, and that started before I re-wicked the coil, maybe it is because I use 50/50 juice, but it isn't as bad as the subtank was though.

I was thinking of getting the isub-g, but puts me off a bit that innokin don't give any spare orings with these tanks, as swapping them out can help with leaking problems.

That's why I didn't buy the "G", I wanted to so I could swap tips. But the main reason I like this tank is it hasn't leak at all.

With my kanger leaking all the time it frustrated the hell out of me to have juice in my mod & all over my stuff. With the plastic sealed tank there really isn't anywhere for this tank to leak besides the coil.

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'll give it a try! Can't beat it for the price right... Even as an extra tank! Was debating on a triton I am using subtank arctic(juice guzzler and I love premium juice so yeah juice guzzler) and now want one more!
Maybe a second subtank but will try the I sub!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors